PDA

View Full Version : Transitions lenses

Britchick
16-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Thinking of getting these lenses on my new glasses, are there any drawbacks does anyone know?

Johnie
16-03-2013, 05:18 PM
My last 2 pairs of glasses were transitions. I liked them a lot. I didn't find any drawbacks

Dawn
16-03-2013, 06:59 PM
I have them.

The only drawbacks are that they take a while to return to "normal" when you go indoors and also that you sometimes look a pillock walking round in winter wearing "sunglasses" but I like them.

Britchick
16-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Do they look that dark then? I thought it was just a touch

Johnie
16-03-2013, 07:27 PM
I think it depends on what shade you get. I did have that issue as well. I didn't notice but others did.

Dawn
16-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Depends on the UV level but yes mine turned fully dark while playing in the snow on Tuesday.

Britchick
16-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Mmm not sure then, will chat to lens person, thanks guys

Vikki
16-03-2013, 08:43 PM
My DH has them and now wouldn't have anything else :)

Johnie
16-03-2013, 08:47 PM
My current glasses do not have the transitions lenses on them. I bought prescription sunglasses instead. Next glasses I get, I am going back to the transitions.

Wendy
16-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Chris has always had them, but when we were on holiday they went all star crazy, it was the heat that did it from all accounts. He went to a local opticians and bought a new pair but they are clear and he now says he doesn't think he wants to go back to transitions.

One of the problems with transitions that he has found that is as they get older they don't clear properly.

Tink
16-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Yes, that's what I've heard too. I had a pair ages and ages ago when they first came out and they stopped clearing well. They also turned yellow when they were clear.

I do sometimes think about trying them again though, as they have improved. I do remember the trouble Chris had over here and that's not something I'd want to have to deal with.

I usually keep my glasses for at least two years unless the frames break. The last two pair I've had have been very good and not broken. I got a new pair simply because I wanted them (frames, I mean). My prescription continues to change, and always has through the years. I can tell I need a new prescription as things at a distance are blurry again.

I'll check with the doc about the transition lenses. He's a fabulous doc so I can count on what he says.

Britchick
16-03-2013, 09:59 PM
My prescription hasn't changed much at all so I'm not sure this will be right for me, going to treat myself to some nice ones as I don't change my glasses often so don't think I'll risk it, thanks for all your input though

uscwest
16-03-2013, 10:00 PM
I have been wearing transition lenses for so long I've lost track. I also have a pair of prescription sunglasses.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2