PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday All

Watchinherskip
22-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Well have to jet soon...not literally, have a 3:00 show but have enjoyed spending a little time in here with you all, listening to Mouse House Radio on Live 365 (always, always lets me find my laughing place).

So what is going on with everyone?

Hope you have a great weekend.

Great to see our members here again.

Beccaberry
22-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Well have to jet soon...not literally, have a 3:00 show but have enjoyed spending a little time in here with you all, listening to Mouse House Radio on Live 365 (always, always lets me find my laughing place).

So what is going on with everyone?

Hope you have a great weekend.

Great to see our members here again.

It's been a pretty "chill" day here...another one spent working from home with an "extra long" lunch thrown in with some of my favorite ladies. We spent much of the time talking Disney (they are all leaving tomorrow!) which was SO much fun :)

The sun is out here for a change, which always makes me feel a bit lighter in the step :)

This weekend will be a quiet one, and I couldn't be happier! I'm thinking a little spring cleaning...as in, "If I spring clean, perhaps spring will come!"

Have a great weekend yourself, Dan...and yes, it is nice to be "home." Special thanks to all those who keep the fires burning when others must be away. :hug2:

Wendy
22-03-2013, 08:00 PM
It sounds like you've had a good day Dan :D

I've not been up to much, had a bad migraine yesterday and I'm very fragile today, it feels like I dank a bottle of wine :lol:

I think the weekend is going to be nice and quiet, with me being on here :) I can't see us going far with the way the weather is.

Johnie
22-03-2013, 08:51 PM
It is a beautiful day here today

I had an appointment this morning. I am facilitating a new job club in April. in Lynchburg. 2 hours each way from my house. Every day from April 8-May 3. Anyway, one of the participants called me and left 5 voice mails in less than 15 minutes! The beaty of my new job is that the clients do not call me unless I call them first. This was like deja vu when I worked for the state.

I have spent the afternoon doing some paperwork and web surfing in Panera and drinking far too much sweet tea!

A friend of mine and I go to the movies nearly every Friday night. I am waiting here for her cause we are going to see OZ again. So good we have to see it twice!

Tomorrow, I am taking my mom down to Williamsburg to see a play called the Living Passover.

Sunday is my day of rest and I swear I will not get out of my pjs all day!!

Hey Dam, I will in your neck of the woods on Tuesday!

Sam
22-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Well we woke with a heavy downfall of snow. The school was closed so I had a houseful of over excited children.

Meg was meant to be going camping and kayaking with the Scouts, but needless to say that was cancelled as was the Beaver Fun Day planned for the District which Gethin was meant to be going to on Saturday.

It's rained a bit as well as snow, but right now it's coming down heavy with big flakes.

Roll on 11th May.

Britchick
22-03-2013, 11:33 PM
I'm going to test drive a new car tomorrow :wiggle: hopefully save some money on petrol! If we're not snowed in of course!

Tink
23-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Whew. It's been a seriously long day. Long day at the end of a long week. I'm still feeling "not so great." Not sure what's going on, but I wish it would just go.

Will be spring cleaning this weekend. :sigh: Easter is next weekend, so it needs to be done now.

Weather was beautiful all day then started to rain on my way home. 2 hours and 40 minutes to get home. Another major accident on I4.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Wendy
23-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Oh Tink that's a nightmare of a journey home :hug2:

I wish your weeks weren't so long :sigh: :hug2:

Tink
23-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Well. :sigh: The house is pretty clean. I'm embarrassed to say how "dirty" it was! Dust on EVERYTHING. :redface: We pulled out the stove, and the refrigerator and removed the box springs and did under the beds, and flipped the matresses, and mopped the floors and scrubbed the wood furniture with lemon oil and cleaned the garage and took a full Tucson full of "stuff" to storage... :sigh:

Just started cleaning the lanai and pool deck, but that's going to have to wait, I'm afraid. Tomorrow will see it done. My back hurts (whine, whine) and I'm tired.

Seems like Herself thinks we all deserve a dinner out. :D That means I have to clean up though. :(

Beccaberry
23-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Enjoy your evening out...sounds as though you deserve it!

Wendy
23-03-2013, 10:25 PM
You have been working hard, have a nice time tonight, where are you going :)

Tink
24-03-2013, 03:39 AM
The boys ended up going to a movie, and Herself and I went to The Big Easy. Over dinner we were wondering if you and Chris would like to try it for a change from Longhorn. It's small, small, small. Locally owned, and not open on Sunday. We usually don't patronize restaurants (or any business) that isn't open on Sunday) but these folks are really nice. The food is pure New Orleans, and they do a nice job of it. They do have fries, but only rarely have filet mignon.

We'll talk about if more if it interests you and Chris and all.

Beccaberry
24-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Having just returned from a long weekend in New Orleans, and finding myself very much in love with the food I found there, I would love to hear more!

Tink
24-03-2013, 03:43 PM
They do some really nice dishes, Becca. :yes: Their po'boys really are good! Better actually, than the ones we had in Baton Rouge. Their etouffeť is spicy and nice, as are their jambalaya and gumbo. Their fried selections (oysters, crawfish, shrimp, etc) are done well and not one bit greasy.

They have other plates too, that we've yet to try.

Beccaberry
24-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Oh my, that all sounds delicious...I love, love, love po'boys, really I do. And etouffee...sigh.

I shall put this on my list...we are hoping to try a few offsite places on our next visit...I also have the other place you mentioned...Yellow Dog Cafe (?) on our list.

Wendy
24-03-2013, 04:38 PM
The boys ended up going to a movie, and Herself and I went to The Big Easy. Over dinner we were wondering if you and Chris would like to try it for a change from Longhorn. It's small, small, small. Locally owned, and not open on Sunday. We usually don't patronize restaurants (or any business) that isn't open on Sunday) but these folks are really nice. The food is pure New Orleans, and they do a nice job of it. They do have fries, but only rarely have filet mignon.

We'll talk about if more if it interests you and Chris and all.

I've looked at the menu and so has Chris, he's pointed out a few things he likes the sound of :lol: We'll definitely have to go there and try it :hug2:

Wendy
24-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Oh my, that all sounds delicious...I love, love, love po'boys, really I do. And etouffee...sigh.

I shall put this on my list...we are hoping to try a few offsite places on our next visit...I also have the other place you mentioned...Yellow Dog Cafe (?) on our list.

The Big Easy menu is here (https://www.facebook.com/whodatbigeasy/app_205205622890888)

Yellow Dog Eats is a must, you will love it :D the only trouble you will have is deciding what to eat, the menu (http://yellowdogeats.com/menu/) is huge :lol:

Johnie
24-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm a fan of Yellow Dog on Facebook. They have some yummy daily specials

Wendy
24-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Have you been there Johnie?

Johnie
24-03-2013, 06:26 PM
I have not! I keep saying I'm going but then forget about it while there. I think I am actually going to write it down on my itinerary and go in May

Wendy
24-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Oh it will be worth the visit :D We never got back there last year but it is a must do for Chris this year :lol:

Johnie
24-03-2013, 06:38 PM
I bet! Like I said, the Facebook posts make me wish it was close by :yes: