PDA

View Full Version : What is a blog?

disneymom
17-08-2008, 07:58 PM
I still dont understand what a blog is and how I can use one? can I use it as a diary or is it a trip planning thing? Can other people read them or only members on this site

Tink
17-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Blog is a shorted version of the term Web Log. You can use them in any way you please. you simply write about whatever it is you choose to record. :yes: You can write about thoughts, use it to plan, use it to expound on the state of the union :D whatever comes to mind. :yes:

Beccaberry
18-08-2008, 01:11 AM
If you're still a bit unsure...read a few blogs that others have posted here...you'll find they cover just about everything!!

Taja
18-08-2008, 02:18 AM
My question is: How do people find time to maintain them? Not to mention reading the blogs of others?

There just aren't enough hours in my days! :lol:

Beccaberry
18-08-2008, 03:15 AM
LOL....I've had one for years Taja...and to be honest, it ebbs and flows....there are times when I write every day, and then there are times when I'll go weeks...it depends on so much really...my mood, my schedule, my experiences...but I find it incredibly therapeutic...and I've gotten to know some really interesting people through reading others blogs as well...usually I'll read over breakfast (I don't get the paper :wink: ) other times I'll read over a cup of coffee at night...sometimes I'll peruse my "daily reads" on the train...it all just depends...

disneymom
18-08-2008, 09:32 AM
so it doesnt have to be about disney?

Tink
18-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh no, not at all! :) You can write about any topic that comes to mind. :yes:

Beccaberry
18-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Um. Actually, I think maybe *one* of my blogs on here have been about Disney, and that may be a generous count ;)

Typically I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I start typing...sometimes it's boredom, sometimes excitement...often, in my case, it's frustration or anger...that seems to be when I find myself blogging the most...which is good, cause when my fingers are moving my mouth typically isn't, and that is a good thing :D

Taja
18-08-2008, 01:12 PM
LOL....I've had one for years Taja...and to be honest, it ebbs and flows....there are times when I write every day, and then there are times when I'll go weeks...it depends on so much really...my mood, my schedule, my experiences...but I find it incredibly therapeutic...and I've gotten to know some really interesting people through reading others blogs as well...usually I'll read over breakfast (I don't get the paper :wink: ) other times I'll read over a cup of coffee at night...sometimes I'll peruse my "daily reads" on the train...it all just depends...

Um. Actually, I think maybe *one* of my blogs on here have been about Disney, and that may be a generous count ;)

Typically I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I start typing...sometimes it's boredom, sometimes excitement...often, in my case, it's frustration or anger...that seems to be when I find myself blogging the most...which is good, cause when my fingers are moving my mouth typically isn't, and that is a good thing :D

Glad it works for you!

Still can't find time for something like that without dropping other things. Too many balls in the air, I guess! :lol: