PDA

View Full Version : Measles

Deafjeff
28-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Our lodge is suspected to have measles and my parent confirmed that I had one but could not remember which one (German measles or measles)...

Guess time will tell so we had a of excitement in this house this afternoon!

Shall keep you all posted...

Jeff

keith
28-04-2013, 03:37 PM
eek hope you're ok :/

I must admit I'm selfishly a little worried about going on the plane to Orlando with so many people/kids next week. I've not had measles and really don't want it now!

Britchick
28-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Can you check with GP? They should have a list of what jab you've had. Can't remember how old you are Jeff but at one point I think it was just got rubella (German measles) due to risk during pregnancy. I don't think I've ever had the measles jab like most of the adult population. I'm not sure if Caitlin had the booster as we were out of the country but Caitlin is going to be jabbed this week.

Deafjeff
28-04-2013, 03:43 PM
eek hope you're ok :/

I must admit I'm selfishly a little worried about going on the plane to Orlando with so many people/kids next week. I've not had measles and really don't want it now!

Completely understandable! Would MMR be too late now? At the moment I am bogged down with 4th cold :( This is my 4th cold in 4 months grrrr

Jeff

keith
28-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I can remember having tb test + jabs (horrible, still shudder thinking about it) and something on a sugar cube , polio vaccine?

I'm pretty sure measles/chicken pox etc. were just seen as things to get whilst we were kids rather than things that could be avoided :/

I've only ever had chicken pox which was when I was 22 and I've never felt so ill for so long before or since.

Deafjeff
28-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Can you check with GP? They should have a list of what jab you've had. Can't remember how old you are Jeff but at one point I think it was just got rubella (German measles) due to risk during pregnancy. I don't think I've ever had the measles jab like most of the adult population. I'm not sure if Caitlin had the booster as we were out of the country but Caitlin is going to be jabbed this week.

I didnt have MMR as they didnt have it in time when I was a child. I guess time will tell!

Deafjeff
28-04-2013, 03:46 PM
I can remember having tb test + jabs (horrible, still shudder thinking about it) and something on a sugar cube , polio vaccine?

I'm pretty sure measles/chicken pox etc. were just seen as things to get whilst we were kids rather than things that could be avoided :/

I've only ever had chicken pox which was when I was 22 and I've never felt so ill for so long before or since.

I think I was the same as I was born in 1978 and it wasnt thing to do to give people MMR or measles jab...

Unless I am wrong?

Dawn
28-04-2013, 04:27 PM
You can get the MMR as an adult. I had to get it as condition of entry to the University of Michigan. At the time my GP didn't offer it to adults so I went to the local BA travel clinic. Paid about 10 but obviously that was a while ago.

Britchick
28-04-2013, 04:27 PM
If you have had contact Jeff then ring your GP, they may be able to give you a jab

Wendy
28-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I can't really add much more Jeff :hug2: if you are worried, then contact your doctor, they might be able to help you and put your mind at rest :hug2:

uscwest
28-04-2013, 09:15 PM
The sugar cube, which I'm not sure is still used, is most definitely polio vaccine. I believe MMR is mandatory here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Johnie
28-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Will your doctor have your records that far back?? I only ask as I was born in 1971 and when I went to the university they needed my vaccination record. I was lucky that my sister is 9 years younger than me so they put our records together. Otherwise they had destroyed the records.

Johnie
28-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Oh and I think I started the university in 1995

Britchick
28-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Well they have my kids records...not sure about mine lol

Johnie
28-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Now see? I want to know if they keep your records like that in the UK. Do you need vaccinations for school?

I always thought the US did but then there are people who are opting out. I don't see how that's safe for anyone.

Britchick
29-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Things like your vaccination record should be kept, not sure if they always are. It is not mandatory to have vaccinations to get into school

Wendy
03-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Were you able to find out anything Jeff :hug2: