PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom "Must Do's"

Wendy
29-04-2013, 01:43 PM
What are the things that you "Must Do" when visiting the Magic Kingdom?

Britchick
29-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Big thunder and splash mountain, tomorrow land transit authority, Peter Pan, pirates of the Caribbean, it's a small world, haunted mansion, buzz light year, tomorrow land speedway and a mosey round the Emporium :)

uscwest
29-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Our only absolute is Haunted Mansion.

Britchick
29-04-2013, 03:11 PM
What about you Miss Wendy!

Tink
30-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Whatever has the shortest line. :D

Pirates, Splash, Small World, the Train, People Mover, ...

Johnie
30-04-2013, 01:54 AM
I must stare in awe at my castle.

I must at least walk through the sweet shop

Beccaberry
30-04-2013, 02:09 AM
I could actually go to MK and do absolutely nothing...

Johnie
30-04-2013, 02:14 AM
I could actually go to MK and do absolutely nothing...

:yes:

Deafjeff
30-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Space mountain and wishes :yes:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Wendy
30-04-2013, 09:05 AM
What about you Miss Wendy!

First and most important - a Dole Float :lol:

Pirates, People Mover, Mickey's Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion.

Mari
30-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Peter Pan, Its a Small World

Move it, Shake it Party ... so much FUN!!!!

and now the girls have decided we MUST ride the "alice cups where the mouse comes out in the end so other people can get on them and we have to get in line again" yeap! Thats the new name for the teacups!

Mags
30-04-2013, 08:54 PM
I am the bad girl here when it comes to MK. Its is my least favourite park so there are very few 'must do's', so please forgive me. For Kathryn it would be Philarmagic. We have to go there on the last day to fit that in and go to the candy store. The others we always fit in are POTC, Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. Having a Dole Float is a must as well. I like the Haunted Mansion - such clever imagineering, but that is it. In to MK at 9am and always out by 1pm or 2pm.

Mags

robertcraig
30-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Just being there is a must do for me

Watchinherskip
01-05-2013, 04:05 PM
First and most important - a Dole Float :lol:

Pirates, People Mover, Mickey's Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion.

YOU are a very wise woman! I learned about them early on, through a previous web forum that many of you used to frequent. It was the single best piece of advice that I got about Disney, EVER. It is a must!!

Aside from that, Splash Mountain, BTMR, Haunted Mansion, IASW, Peter Pan (don't ask :sorry: we just like it), C of P, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, P of the C,

and strangely:
TTA (aka Wedway, or as we like to call it..Wegway :shrug1:) and the Laugh Floor are two of our favorites and MUST do's.

Meals there, we eat whatever...usually walk up, but have loved Crystal Palace when we have eaten there.

Guess all bets are off now that the new section is open....will have to reserve judgement.

Sam
01-05-2013, 08:56 PM
It has to be Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain first off or my dad will go into decline. The only thing that can help him through his fear of flying is knowing that at the end of it he will get to ride those two. In fact at MMNSHP back in 2010 he rode Splash Mountain with my little brother at least 11 times. The crew just let them stay on and go round and round as there were so few people in the queue.

We also have to do Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space mountain and Peter Pan. DH loves Small World but it freaks me out personally and I can't get the tune out of my head for a couple of days.

Isafari
04-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Absolutely any of the shows/parades.
As for the rides - Haunted Mansion for me and Buzz for hubby.

Wendy
04-05-2013, 11:36 AM
It has to be Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain first off or my dad will go into decline. The only thing that can help him through his fear of flying is knowing that at the end of it he will get to ride those two. In fact at MMNSHP back in 2010 he rode Splash Mountain with my little brother at least 11 times. The crew just let them stay on and go round and round as there were so few people in the queue.

We also have to do Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space mountain and Peter Pan. DH loves Small World but it freaks me out personally and I can't get the tune out of my head for a couple of days.

OMG SAM!!!!!! You have 6 days to go!! :mental: :mental: :mental:

Oreo
21-05-2013, 01:49 PM
I'd like to add to this if I may?

Last year we did they Key's to the Kingdom tour.

I was worried that it would 'ruin' the magic. It actually enhanced it ten fold.

So my 'must do' would be one of the tours around Magic Kingdom.

Beccaberry
21-05-2013, 02:37 PM

GREAT ONE!!! We did this tour as well, and ultimately I agree - I love that I did it. However, I gave our poor tour guide hell during the tour. I actually think "Tiny" was beginning to enjoy singling me out! "Rebecca, I'm gonna need you to turn around and cover your ears while we talk about this next part - I don't want anyone slipping on your tears on the way out." :D

What a great afternoon!

Faythstar
21-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Oh goodness, this will be a big list--it's my favorite park.

Haunted Mansion. Number one. Probably my favorite Disney attraction, period.
Pirates of the Caribbean. Another classic.
Winnie the Pooh & Peter Pan's Flight.
Mickey's Philharmagic.
Looking around the Emporium.
And, I wish more than anything I could still say the SpectroMagic parade, because the Main Street Electrical will never do it for me, and I don't think they will ever bring back the SM. And for me WDW will never be quite the same because of it.

robertcraig
21-05-2013, 09:11 PM

thats interesting what was the cost and how long did it last

keith
25-05-2013, 09:58 PM
TTA, Carousel of progress, Buzz lightyear, Haunted Mansion, River Cruise

I've never tried the pirates ride or a dole whip!

Oreo
26-05-2013, 12:14 PM
thats interesting what was the cost and how long did it last

It was around $70 (I think there is a discount for annual pass holders).

it lasted around 4 hours from memory.

Totally worth the price in my opinion.

Tishypops
27-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Take time to soak in the atmosphere, stroll along Main Street don't dash to the first ride there really is no other place like it on earth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tishypops
27-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Actually my number 1 thing is Wishes, this is my favourite memory of every Disney trip we have done, infancy we even built it into our wedding day by ending on the Grand I to few the show with our guests

Wendy
27-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Actually my number 1 thing is Wishes, this is my favourite memory of every Disney trip we have done, infancy we even built it into our wedding day by ending on the Grand I to few the show with our guests

Oh that must have been so magical :yes:

Tishypops
27-05-2013, 12:03 PM
It really was, it was the first time any of our guests had been to Florida so the first time they had seen wishes too so it really was a magical end to the day :)

Wendy
27-05-2013, 12:31 PM
It really was, it was the first time any of our guests had been to Florida so the first time they had seen wishes too so it really was a magical end to the day :)

Wow, what a wonderful experience and memory for them to keep.

Tishypops
27-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Wow, what a wonderful experience and memory for them to keep.

We did feel a little bad because DHs best man was getting married just 3 months after we did back in England and the whole day he and his BTB kept saying how amazing everything was and then as we got off of the yacht he just came over and said 'yep, there is no way we are going to be able to beat that'

Wendy
27-05-2013, 02:47 PM
We did feel a little bad because DHs best man was getting married just 3 months after we did back in England and the whole day he and his BTB kept saying how amazing everything was and then as we got off of the yacht he just came over and said 'yep, there is no way we are going to be able to beat that'

Oh dear, I'm sure their wedding was special to them though :hug2: it's nice that they were able to come with you to celebrate with their wedding being so close.