View Full Version : Disney's Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios sees the Return of Carbon-Freeze Me

11-05-2013, 10:31 AM
This year, at the Star War's Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios, the popular “cast yourself in Carbonite” option that was inspired by a scene from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back will return. There will also be a new option on offer featuring the elite soldiers of the Galactic Empire, the Stormtroopers.

The 10-minute experience uses the world’s highest-resolution, single-shot 3D face scanner created by Imagineering scientists at Disney Research labs. That captured image is later sent to a high resolution 3D printer to create the figurine. The completed figurine will arrive within 7-8 weeks after the experience if shipping domestically (it takes a little longer if shipping internationally). Guests will also receive either a Carbon-Freeze Me light-up band or a collector button depending upon which option they choose.

The Star Wars – D-Tech Me experience is $99.95, plus shipping and applicable sales tax.

To book your experience, please call 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324) to ask about availability.

The experience is only available during Star Wars Weekends 2013, May 17 – 19, May 24 – 26, May 31 – June 2, and June 7 – 9).

15-05-2013, 10:16 PM
:wiggle:Just made a reservation for Jordan to do this on June 8th! Wonder if he'll choose Han or a Stormtrooper?