Britchick
14-05-2013, 02:30 PM
yo Caitlin!! :wink:

Beccaberry
14-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Oh. My.

:nono: :nono:

That was very norty, Wendy!!!

*sigh* it really IS lovely, isn't it? Well, that's me daydreaming all day then!

keith
14-05-2013, 05:39 PM
I have to say, although the Disney wedding was great, probably the best thing I've ever done at Disney was the Magic Kingdom wedding photoshoot.

It really was a lot like that! Taken to the park before the sun came up, getting to turn on the lights for the park and the castle. Then just the whole park to ourselves to mess around in and take photos. I seem to remember thinking the cost of the actual wedding was just mad (although I guess they always are) but yet the cost to do the insanely great photoshoot was a complete bargain.

Beccaberry
14-05-2013, 05:46 PM
I have to say, although the Disney wedding was great, probably the best thing I've ever done at Disney was the Magic Kingdom wedding photoshoot.

It really was a lot like that! Taken to the park before the sun came up, getting to turn on the lights for the park and the castle. Then just the whole park to ourselves to mess around in and take photos. I seem to remember thinking the cost of the actual wedding was just mad (although I guess they always are) but yet the cost to do the insanely great photoshoot was a complete bargain.

Keith, can you do the photoshoot wittout the wedding?

keith
14-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Keith, can you do the photoshoot wittout the wedding?

It definitely was possible yep! It was just a service offered by the disney photo team so had no direct relation with the actual wedding itself. Whether that's still the case or not :/

Vikki
14-05-2013, 06:16 PM
It definitely was possible yep! It was just a service offered by the disney photo team so had no direct relation with the actual wedding itself. Whether that's still the case or not :/

I wish!

keith
14-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Just asked a guy we know who worked at Disney event photography up until very recently and he said getting photos in wedding outfits in the magic kingdom is now mega tricky. If you're a Disney Bride as they call it, no problem, a number of packages allow you to wear your wedding outfits and have a dedicated shoot. If you DONT have a Disney wedding, you can't do those shoots any more and other ways round like different shoots wont allow wedding outfits.

Apparently the next best is an "engagement portrait session at MK". They don't allow wedding dresses at MK again but not everyone wants that anyway.

They seem mega weird about wedding dresses these days. Back in the day :lol: we wandered round MK for the shoot, we spent ages at the grand floridian and went to V&A all in our wedding attire.

One of the cutest moments was as we were having some photos taken on the staircase at the GF and a little girl and her mother came out of the lift. The little girl dragged her mother over to the stairs and said Look Mommy a real princess! Will she go to live in the castle now? sweet :)

Britchick
14-05-2013, 06:53 PM
I bet Helen loved that!

keith
14-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Oh. You think she meant Helen ?

:-)

Britchick
14-05-2013, 07:04 PM
I knew it!!!!!!

Beccaberry
14-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Just asked a guy we know who worked at Disney event photography up until very recently and he said getting photos in wedding outfits in the magic kingdom is now mega tricky. If you're a Disney Bride as they call it, no problem, a number of packages allow you to wear your wedding outfits and have a dedicated shoot. If you DONT have a Disney wedding, you can't do those shoots any more and other ways round like different shoots wont allow wedding outfits.

Apparently the next best is an "engagement portrait session at MK". They don't allow wedding dresses at MK again but not everyone wants that anyway.

They seem mega weird about wedding dresses these days. Back in the day :lol: we wandered round MK for the shoot, we spent ages at the grand floridian and went to V&A all in our wedding attire.

One of the cutest moments was as we were having some photos taken on the staircase at the GF and a little girl and her mother came out of the lift. The little girl dragged her mother over to the stairs and said Look Mommy a real princess! Will she go to live in the castle now? sweet :)

Thanks for the information, Keith! I think an "engagement session at MK" might be really lovely!