PDA

View Full Version : Just a little update

Wendy
22-05-2013, 10:35 AM
I saw the consultant again today to have the rest of my stitches removed and have a follow up appointment. He was pleased with what I told him, but said I mustn't get carried away as it is still healing inside and I won't know how it really is for another 4 to 6 weeks.

I told him that immediately after the op and the following few days I had less pain, but after overdoing things the pain has got worse, but it's still not as bad as it was before. He wasn't impressed about me overdoing things after just a week :redface: and emphasised I have to be careful not to twist the knee or bend it too far back on itself. He said that he expects the op to have made about 40% improvement, any more than that and he will fall off his chair when I see him next :lol:

My cover through the insurance company has finished now, but he said he wants to see me again in about 6 weeks and that there will be no charge for the appointment. I thought that was a really nice thing to do.

foreverducky
22-05-2013, 11:30 AM
I apologize for not keeping up with it all, but I am glad to hear that things seems to be going in the right direction. :yes:

robertcraig
22-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Good to hear there is an improvement take care of yourself

uscwest
22-05-2013, 01:43 PM
Glad to hear that it sounds like you are well on your road to recovery Wendy. I guess insurance in the UK must be different than here as ours would continue to cover you until the Drs decided that you were OK.

Wendy
22-05-2013, 01:57 PM
John, the company I am with will only cover me for the initial appointments, the op and then 1 follow up appointment. It's not a proper private medical insurance as such, it just allows you to possibly go private if the NHS waiting list is too long and it depends on what treatment you need. I've been very pleased with them and it's well worth the small amount we pay each month for it. I wish I was in a position to pay for proper medical insurance but sadly I'm not :sigh:

Slowhand
22-05-2013, 01:59 PM
That`s great news Wendy.
Now keep on resting your legs, don`t overdo things and definitely no football eh? :lol:

Wendy
22-05-2013, 02:03 PM
That`s great news Wendy.
Now keep on resting your legs, don`t overdo things and definitely no football eh? :lol:

He did tell me that I wasn't to do any squats, I said I'd be really impressed if I could as I haven't been able to do them for years :lol:

We might actually be able to arrange something now :D

MystikPiglit
22-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Glad to hear you're on the right track. :hug2:
Remember.... Rest. Rest. Rest. :hug2:

Wendy
22-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Thank you Diane :hug2: I know, I am behaving myself and anyway Chris keeps ringing up during the day nagging me :lol:

Beccaberry
23-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Great news, Wen :hug2:

And I hope the doctor admonished you properly on overdoing it! :nono:

Now then, I'll just leave you with a stern look and a raised eyebrow not to let that happen again. :wink:

Wendy
23-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Yes he did :lol: and Mr Knowitall is even more of a pain in the neck now :lol: I've told him if carries on, I'll forget it's his birthday next week :lol: :lol:

Beccaberry
23-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Yes he did :lol: and Mr Knowitall is even more of a pain in the neck now :lol: I've told him if carries on, I'll forget it's his birthday next week :lol: :lol:

LOL, well I can see you're in good hands then :)

Roll on recovery, friend x

Mags
23-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Great to hear that you are improving Wendy. Now, do as you are told and dont overdo it. :yes:

Mags

Suebeattie
23-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Glad to hear your on the mend wendy.

:wiggle:

Beccaberry
28-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Just checking in on you, Wen...how are you feeling?

Deafjeff
28-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Glad you are on the mend.

So take it easy :hug2:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Wendy
28-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Just checking in on you, Wen...how are you feeling?

Aww thank you :hug2: I was doing very well until today. It's Chris' birthday today so he's been off work and we went to Torquay to have lunch and go for a walk along the waterfront. I decided I only needed one stick - silly idea :sigh: it's my own fault. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow :fingers:

Beccaberry
28-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Aw hon, glad to hear it was getting better :)

Do you have any anti-inflammatory meds you can take?

Wendy
29-05-2013, 11:49 AM
I have lots of different meds for it :sigh:

Really fed up this morning, I've got the pinching back in my knee and my calf muscle keeps cramping. My other knee keeps giving out today as well, going for a nice long walk yesterday was a huge mistake :( and poor Chris is blaming himself for wanting to go.

Vikki
29-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Listen to a podcast. That'll chear you up :)

Wendy
29-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Listen to a podcast. That'll chear you up :)

Just called Chris and asked him to come home, the pain is working it's way up my leg and its in my thigh now, I'm a bit worried and my doctor will see me as an emergency before surgery, at 3pm if I can get down there :(

Vikki
29-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Definitely get yourself to the doctors, just for peace of mind if nothing else :)

Deafjeff
29-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Good luck do let us know how you get on x

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

MystikPiglit
29-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Oh dear... :comfort: Sorry to hear that, I hope your GP can help. :hug2: Keep us posted.

Wendy
29-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Well, I've just got home from A & E :sigh:

My doctor was concerned it might have been DVT so she arranged for me to go into hospital for a scan and I had to go immediately, they also took lots of blood from me. Thankfully it didn't show anything, so they have said I am all clear, they don't know what is wrong and said it could be muscle spasms and to go back to my GP tomorrow and she will be able to prescribe something for me.

I'm absolutely shattered and washed out, so I'm off to bed now.

MystikPiglit
29-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Hope you feel better tomorrow. :hug2:

robertcraig
29-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Thinking about you stay positive

Mags
29-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Just catching up on your news Wendy. Im so glad it wasnt a DVT and hopefully the pain will ease in the coming days. :hug2:

Mags

Tink
30-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Oh my gosh! I'm just reading this. You are in SUCH trouble, Miss for not texting me! :nono:

Oreo
30-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Hope you're feeling better. Sending my best wishes :)

Wendy
30-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Oh my gosh! I'm just reading this. You are in SUCH trouble, Miss for not texting me! :nono:

Oh dear, I'm sorry, I didn't want you to worry :hug2: :sorry:

Went to the doctors this morning and she has arranged for me to have some more blood tests for my liver and kidneys :unsure: and has just said to drink plenty of water, to try taking a calcium, magnesium and zinc supplement and has given me some stretching exercises.

The pain isn't so bad this morning and I actually managed to sleep last night, which was good :)

MystikPiglit
30-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Hope the supplements help. Don't forget they take a while before they work. :hug2: