PDA

View Full Version : Podcasts - Disney & Universal

Oreo
28-05-2013, 09:22 AM
I enjoy listening to podcasts. Especially the fan made ones, as they seem real and give genuine opinions.

I listen to Micecast, which is an adult look on things however it is mainly based on Disneyland California and would like something Orlando related.

Can anyone recommend a fun podcast that is either Disney or Universal related?

Not necessarily looking for one with lots of pixie dust but want something that has real opinions not opinions of the company :)

Thanks

Tishypops
28-05-2013, 10:01 AM
I have listened to the passporter one before and that was good :0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beccaberry
28-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Funny you should ask this question, Oreo! I spent a good hour or so this weekend looking for one as well!

I'm also looking for podcasts on other topics as well if anyone would care to suggest something. I have a considerable drive to/from work each day and would enjoy having something to listen to. As for Disney World related podcasts, I'm sorry to say I didn't have much luck.

Oreo
28-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Podcasts are a personal taste and while someone will like one, someone else will hate it.

There is one called the Disneybrit podcast, and it is very good, well produced etc but it has too much Pixie dust and fluff for my liking.

I know that is what Disney is about but when I'm listening to a podcast I don't want it rammed in my face.

There is the dibbcast, which is fantastic for those with insomnia ;)

The two above are british based ones. Plenty of other American ones for me to try :)

What kind of topics are you looking for in a podcast Beccaberry?

catrancher
28-05-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm also looking for podcasts on other topics as well if anyone would care to suggest something.

Ohhh... ohhh.... pick me! Pick me!

Seriously Becca, don't know if you listen to this or not but you might want to give this one (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/npr-programs-wait-wait.../id121493804?mt=2) a shot. It's a podcast of various episodes of NPR's "Wait, wait. Don't tell me". A weekly news show that they do every Saturday and it can be absolutely hysterical. I listened to one called "Clippy must die!" in the car one day and had to pull off the road to compose myself I was laughing so hard. Couldn't see through the tears to drive.

You can also download episodes from the NPR web site for the show at this link (http://www.npr.org/programs/wait-wait-dont-tell-me/). By the way, If you want to hear the "Clippy Must Die!" bit, it's available here (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128417631). The show was actually called "Eulogy For a Microsoft Mascot". But be prepared!

Tom (:macwave:... just had to pop in and say "Hi!")

Beccaberry
28-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Ohhh... ohhh.... pick me! Pick me!

Seriously Becca, don't know if you listen to this or not but you might want to give this one (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/npr-programs-wait-wait.../id121493804?mt=2) a shot. It's a podcast of various episodes of NPR's "Wait, wait. Don't tell me". A weekly news show that they do every Saturday and it can be absolutely hysterical. I listened to one called "Clippy must die!" in the car one day and had to pull off the road to compose myself I was laughing so hard. Couldn't see through the tears to drive.

You can also download episodes from the NPR web site for the show at this link (http://www.npr.org/programs/wait-wait-dont-tell-me/). By the way, If you want to hear the "Clippy Must Die!" bit, it's available here (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128417631). The show was actually called "Eulogy For a Microsoft Mascot". But be prepared!

Tom (:macwave:... just had to pop in and say "Hi!")

TOM!! It's so good that you were able to pop in and say hi, we do miss you when you're not around and I hope you're able to "pop in" more often in the upcoming months!

You found my weakness, alright....I LOVE NPR. Listen to every day, and have wished quite often I was in the care more on the weekends so I could listen to the "Saturday Shows" so this will be perfect!!! THANK YOU for point me in the right direction!! :worship: :worship:

Beccaberry
28-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Podcasts are a personal taste and while someone will like one, someone else will hate it.

There is one called the Disneybrit podcast, and it is very good, well produced etc but it has too much Pixie dust and fluff for my liking.

I know that is what Disney is about but when I'm listening to a podcast I don't want it rammed in my face.

There is the dibbcast, which is fantastic for those with insomnia ;)

The two above are british based ones. Plenty of other American ones for me to try :)

What kind of topics are you looking for in a podcast Beccaberry?

Totally understand it's down to taste, Oreo, that makes perfect sense.

I may give the Disneybrit one a go, as I do LOVE the pixie dust and fluff (but COMPLETELY understand it's not everyone's cup of tea - Jon loves Disney, but is much like you and enjoys the facts, figures and viewpoints more than the magic and pixie dust).

I'll watch this space and see if anyone else has some suggestions! Great thread, Oreo!

Oreo
28-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Totally understand it's down to taste, Oreo, that makes perfect sense.

I may give the Disneybrit one a go, as I do LOVE the pixie dust and fluff (but COMPLETELY understand it's not everyone's cup of tea - Jon loves Disney, but is much like you and enjoys the facts, figures and viewpoints more than the magic and pixie dust).

I'll watch this space and see if anyone else has some suggestions! Great thread, Oreo!

Don't get me wrong it's a fab podcast and I can listen to it some times.

My gf loves listening to it all the time.

It's very much a podcast direct at those who are spending a few weeks at Disney, however they have covered a lot of other bits which are quite interesting.

If you do like the format of their podcast there is a huge back catalog, and if you're into your disney music I do recommend listening to their Disney Island Disks epsiodes where the idea is they're trapped on an Island and only have enough space on their mp3 player for three songs and they all have to choose the three and justify why etc.

There are plenty of different ones to choose from on itunes and I only have scratched the surface.

I thought about doing one a while back but the work that goes into them is incredible and well there isn't much financial reward if any at all.

Happy podcast hunting, let me know if you find any good ones :)

P.s If you like your pixie dust a man called Lou mongello does the wdw radio podcast. That's very Disney but very well produced too.

Vikki
28-05-2013, 04:46 PM
I ONLY listen to podcasts in the car, and they are alllll Disney ones!
Being a Brit, I absolutely love Disney Brit. There's also Dis After Dark which is really funny! Eye on Orlando is also very good.
The american ones I listen to are the biggies really. WDW radio is a must, as is Inside The Magic. I also like Wed way radio and wed way now. Resort loop is also really good :)

Vikki
28-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Ooooo The Unofficial Guide Disney Dish with Jim Hill is also fantastic! They do great park walk rounds. Go back in their catalogue though and you'll find some brilliant episodes.

Tishypops
28-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Can I ask a really stupid question, how does everyone listen to them in the car? Do you download it? I have only ever streamed a podcast and I was thinking if I am on a long journey that us going to use a huge chunk of my data allowance

Vikki
28-05-2013, 05:39 PM
I download them to my phone and then plug into the speakers through the aux socket. If you have an iPhone you can use the podcast app. I have android and use the pocket cast app. Its brilliant as you can create playlists which I find really useful.

Vikki
28-05-2013, 05:41 PM
You found my weakness, alright....I LOVE NPR. Listen to every day, and have wished quite often I was in the care more on the weekends so I could listen to the "Saturday Shows" so this will be perfect!!! THANK YOU for point me in the right direction!! :worship: :worship:

What's NPR?

Tishypops
28-05-2013, 05:44 PM
I will have to check that out, yea I have USB that I play stuff in the car using but as I just pick everything up online I never thought of actually downloading them

Vikki
28-05-2013, 05:46 PM
It's so easy. What phone do you have?

Beccaberry
28-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Ooooo The Unofficial Guide Disney Dish with Jim Hill is also fantastic! They do great park walk rounds. Go back in their catalogue though and you'll find some brilliant episodes.

Thanks, Vikki!!

OMG, I'm never going to want to get OUT of my car!! LOL!

Beccaberry
28-05-2013, 05:54 PM
What's NPR?

National Public Radio :geekon:

Tishypops
28-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Omgoodness I just seriously filled up my phone hahaha

Beccaberry
28-05-2013, 05:57 PM
I download them to my phone and then plug into the speakers through the aux socket. If you have an iPhone you can use the podcast app. I have android and use the pocket cast app. Its brilliant as you can create playlists which I find really useful.

:yeahthat:

Vikki
28-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Thanks, Vikki!!

OMG, I'm never going to want to get OUT of my car!! LOL!

You're more than welcome :-) I drive for about an hour a day to and from work and they all easily fill my journeys. I tend to put the WDW radio ones at the bottom of my podcast list though as they're not time relative. I listen to all the news ones first so they're relevant.
I've gone through all the old WDW radio episodes as well and download a few when I have a long journey to do.

That NPR looks fun, might try one of those :)

Vikki
28-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Omgoodness I just seriously filled up my phone hahaha

Hehe! I think the important thing is to listen to a couple before you dismiss them though. I listened to a few episodes of WDW radio a few years ago and thought it was too 'fluffy' for me. However I tried it again about a year ago and now I'm hooked, and have downloaded loads of the old episodes.

Vikki
28-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Also subscribe to WDW radio newscast, its released most Thursdays and is a weekly roundup of the Disney news of the week.

Tishypops
28-05-2013, 06:09 PM
I am sat listening now. I can see me getting very little work done tonight lol

Beccaberry
28-05-2013, 06:09 PM
You're more than welcome :-) I drive for about an hour a day to and from work and they all easily fill my journeys. I tend to put the WDW radio ones at the bottom of my podcast list though as they're not time relative. I listen to all the news ones first so they're relevant.
I've gone through all the old WDW radio episodes as well and download a few when I have a long journey to do.

That NPR looks fun, might try one of those :)

Yes, my journey can be anywhere between and hour and a half to two hours - and always in heavy traffic, so I LOVE having something to keep my brain engaged.

NPR is quite a smorgasbord sometimes :) I love NPR Music, I always find some really great "new" stuff there.

Britchick
28-05-2013, 06:15 PM
another fan of disneybrit but haven't listened in a while as i've not got a trip planned at the moment. Have you been to Mousemeets Oreo?

Vikki
28-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I am sat listening now. I can see me getting very little work done tonight lol

:D
They're quite addictive!

Vikki
28-05-2013, 06:20 PM
another fan of disneybrit but haven't listened in a while as i've not got a trip planned at the moment. Have you been to Mousemeets Oreo?

We were going to go this year.....then there wasn't one :(

Britchick
28-05-2013, 06:29 PM
We were going to go this year.....then there wasn't one :(

that's why they cancelled it i reckon :wink: :lol:

Vikki
28-05-2013, 06:41 PM
that's why they cancelled it i reckon :wink: :lol:

Hey! ;)

Britchick
28-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Hey! ;)

it's a shame as we would have met you after however many years :lol:

Oreo
28-05-2013, 06:50 PM

No sadly not. It is my neck of the woods but last year it just didn't fit with work :(

I was hoping to go this year but for some reason it's not on. Don't know why?!?

Britchick
28-05-2013, 06:52 PM
I was hoping to go this year but for some reason it's not on. Don't know why?!?

i don't either because they said they'd booked the venue again and announced the date. Maybe the hotel put the cost up? it's pretty expensive to hold events in hotels etc. They said it would be back next year. It's saved me a fortune in vinylmation that's for sure :unsure:

Oreo
28-05-2013, 07:01 PM
I tend to put the WDW radio ones at the bottom of my podcast list though as they're not time relative. I listen to all the news ones first so they're relevant

How do you do that? :)

Vikki
28-05-2013, 07:19 PM
i don't either because they said they'd booked the venue again and announced the date. Maybe the hotel put the cost up? it's pretty expensive to hold events in hotels etc. They said it would be back next year. It's saved me a fortune in vinylmation that's for sure :unsure:

I'm yet to discover the joys of Vynalmation....

Vikki
28-05-2013, 07:19 PM
How do you do that? :)

Do you have the pocket cast app?

Oreo
28-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Do you have the pocket cast app?

I am an iPhone user so I use the standard podcast app. It's very basic from what I can tell. Im due an upgrade so I may be getting an android soon.

Oreo
28-05-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm yet to discover the joys of Vynalmation....

We were determined not to buy any last year. We bought back around 50 :(

Theyre lovely and my gf justified buying them by claiming that our future kids can play with them! :nono:

lol

Vikki
28-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I am an iPhone user so I use the standard podcast app. It's very basic from what I can tell. Im due an upgrade so I may be getting an android soon.

I see. If you do upgrade to android I can help you out ;)

Tishypops
29-05-2013, 07:32 AM
I just started listening to unnofficial universal Orlando podcast. Only just started and it almost 2 hours long so no opinion yet lol

Tishypops
29-05-2013, 08:04 AM
BE WARNED - they do slate Disney a lot in it!
I think it's like Manchester City slagging off Man Utd. Just pure jealousy ;0)

Tishypops
29-05-2013, 08:06 AM
The woman does sound like Sarah Milligan though lol

Oreo
29-05-2013, 08:39 AM
I remember that one. I remember listening to that a few years ago when it first started.

They were very pro Disney when they started, as they started it off the back of mousemeets a few years ago.

Wendy
29-05-2013, 11:52 AM
I have never listened to podcasts :unsure: what am I missing?

Beccaberry
29-05-2013, 11:56 AM
I listened to my first podcast this morning!

I downloaded the latest DisneyBrit one and listened to it while at the gym this morning - it was great! The time just FLEW by!

This particular one was about all the new tech upgrades they're making in the parts - quite interesting!

I'm ready for more!

Beccaberry
29-05-2013, 11:58 AM
I have never listened to podcasts :unsure: what am I missing?

Give one a try, Wen! I especially enjoyed the one I listened to today. It's basically just one (or several in this case) person's viewpoint on different topics (in this case, Disney). They record their "show" and then you can download and listen. As with most spoken word, I think the best one's are those that infuse informative topics with a bit of humor and personality.

Oreo
29-05-2013, 12:27 PM
I'd love to get into making them again. I enjoyed it a lot. But there is a lot of work to it also.

There are many Disney ones so it would be very difficult to get a foot hold with Disney podcasts especially give the distance I live away from the magic.

Vikki
29-05-2013, 12:56 PM
You really should give them a try Wendy :)

Tishypops
29-05-2013, 01:07 PM
I think I am developing an addiction to them hahaha

Wendy
29-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Hhhmm, I think I might just do that :) thank you.

Vikki
29-05-2013, 01:24 PM
They do become very addictive! Since this thread started I've sought out a few new ones. Will let you know what they're like :)

Tishypops
29-05-2013, 01:45 PM
I am listening to inside the magic which talks about Disney and other parks, they are talking about sea worlds Antarctica as I am typing this :)

Tishypops
29-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Only problem when I was listening in my car is I can't right things down as I hear them

Beccaberry
29-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Only problem when I was listening in my car is I can't right things down as I hear them

I was thinking the same thing this morning at the gym! I ended up taking a screenshot on my phone of the segment I was listening to so I can remember where to go back to.

Tishypops
29-05-2013, 01:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing this morning at the gym! I ended up taking a screenshot on my phone of the segment I was listening to so I can remember where to go back to.

That's a good idea, I could take a quick screen shot when I am stopped at lights or sonething

Vikki
29-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Ricky also does Inside The Magic as a video podcast. Like in this weeks when he was talking about the princesses, he also showed the video. His channel on YouTube is brilliant!

Oreo
02-06-2013, 09:46 PM
I've listened to a couple of podcasts over the last week and must say I'm enjoying dis after dark which is a British based podcast. Very blokey thought :)

Haven't really listened to any others yet but will let you know if I find any other decent ones :)

Tishypops
02-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Fanboys uncensored is hilarious! Just make sure the kids aren't with you and if you are likely to be offended by some very....wrong comments don't listen lol
The one I listened to last night the "outed" one of the cast and they were talking about how one of them only does pin collecting so they can stare at female cast members chests
It is a very blokey podcast but had me in stitches and between the laughing they had some really good points and tips.

Beccaberry
03-06-2013, 01:15 PM
I've listened to a couple of podcasts over the last week and must say I'm enjoying dis after dark which is a British based podcast. Very blokey thought :)

Have been meaning to search this one out as another that I've found (resortloop) have mentioned them a time or two and they sound like something I'd enjoy. I listened to a REALLY great Jim Hill one on Friday about Disney's involvement with the Muppets (and Jim Henson). It was a story I'd not heard before, and although Disney didn't come out smelling like the proverbial rose, I must say I quite enjoyed the history lesson.

Thanks so much for this post, Oreo!! It's been great!

Vikki
03-06-2013, 05:16 PM
The resortloop guys have been on dis afterdark as guests a few times :)

Vikki
03-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Never heard of the fanboys one, will get that downloaded :)

Beccaberry
03-06-2013, 05:24 PM
The resortloop guys have been on dis afterdark as guests a few times :)

Off to find them now...

Vikki
03-06-2013, 05:33 PM
One question, do people in america know what a fortnight is? I think there's an in joke between resort loop and dis after dark that I've missed :)

Beccaberry
03-06-2013, 05:47 PM
One question, do people in america know what a fortnight is? I think there's an in joke between resort loop and dis after dark that I've missed :)

I've heard the resort loop folks chuckling about it...

To answer your question (in my own narrow experience) - I know what a fortnight is, but I ONLY know it because I have friends from the UK, I've never heard the expression here in the US.

Vikki
03-06-2013, 06:03 PM
I see. Must be a British thing then :)

Oreo
03-06-2013, 06:06 PM

Whats the term for half a fortnight? ........

A week

:lol:

Couldnt help but laugh.

Ive been invited to visit the Mouse's head pub in the future so I maybe making an appearance on dis after dark soon ;)

Beccaberry
03-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Whats the term for half a fortnight? ........

A week

:lol:

Couldnt help but laugh.

Ive been invited to visit the Mouse's head pub in the future so I maybe making an appearance on dis after dark soon ;)

OOOH! Exciting!! Have found them and am downloading a few as we speak.

Vikki
03-06-2013, 06:16 PM

Really? I'd love to go on that, think it'd be great fun :D

Tishypops
03-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Never heard of the fanboys one, will get that downloaded :)

There is fanboys and fanboys uncensored. They are very different although the same people.

Tishypops
03-06-2013, 09:07 PM
I've heard the resort loop folks chuckling about it...

To answer your question (in my own narrow experience) - I know what a fortnight is, but I ONLY know it because I have friends from the UK, I've never heard the expression here in the US.

I didn't know that it was a British thing, thought it was a term everyone used...

Tishypops
03-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Haven't listened to resort loop before. Just added it to my growing number lol

Dis After Dark Soapdish
04-06-2013, 12:46 PM
I have to say that Dis After Dark is a fantastic podcast with some excellent hosts!

maybe just a little bias there :-)

but yes, there are some great podcasts. Try:
disneybrit
dedicated to DLP
resort loop
wakefield report
minnie Minxies (very Girly)
unofficial universal (not Disney, still good)
castle to castle,

but most of all Dis After Dark :-)

Beccaberry
04-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Well then! Welcome! Looks like we may have a bit of a "celebrity" in our midst! :wink:

Actually just finished listening to my first "Dis After Dark" podcast last night and was quite impressed. This is the first podcast that I've started from the beginning (having regretted not doing that with a few of the newer ones) and I'm sort of looking forward to my drive this morning to move through a few more!

Thanks for the additional suggestions! I'm quickly becoming addicted!

ResortLoopBob
04-06-2013, 02:12 PM
I have to say that Dis After Dark is a fantastic podcast with some excellent hosts!

maybe just a little bias there :-)

but yes, there are some great podcasts. Try:
disneybrit
dedicated to DLP
resort loop
wakefield report
minnie Minxies (very Girly)
unofficial universal (not Disney, still good)
castle to castle,

but most of all Dis After Dark :-)

I agree!!! Especially episode 31! Their guests were GREAT!

Dis After Dark Soapdish
04-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Well then! Welcome! Looks like we may have a bit of a "celebrity" in our midst! :wink:

Actually just finished listening to my first "Dis After Dark" podcast last night and was quite impressed. This is the first podcast that I've started from the beginning (having regretted not doing that with a few of the newer ones) and I'm sort of looking forward to my drive this morning to move through a few more!

Thanks for the additional suggestions! I'm quickly becoming addicted!

thank you. They get much better as they go on I promise :-) and yes Bob, episode 31 is a corker!

uscwest
04-06-2013, 02:55 PM
One question, do people in america know what a fortnight is? I think there's an in joke between resort loop and dis after dark that I've missed :) 14 days

Beccaberry
04-06-2013, 03:50 PM

:mental: :mental: Our forum is full of celebrities today!!! ResortLoopBob! I can now thank you personally for dragging my sorry business to the gym every day last week! It's the only time I can listen uninterrupted!

Welcome!

Vikki
04-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Have to admit, I tipped them off that we were talking about them ;)

Good to have you guys join us :)

Beccaberry
04-06-2013, 05:08 PM
thank you. They get much better as they go on I promise :-) and yes Bob, episode 31 is a corker!

Well, mind what you say for us driving home...I nearly drove off the road when you mentioned there'd be "swingers" in Disneyland on Valentine's Day. :wink:

Definitely enjoying the listen, THANKS!

ResortLoopBob
04-06-2013, 05:14 PM
:mental: :mental: Our forum is full of celebrities today!!! ResortLoopBob! I can now thank you personally for dragging my sorry business to the gym every day last week! It's the only time I can listen uninterrupted!

Welcome!

Hahaha! Well, full disclosure, it was our evil plan to make everyone exercise! Gotta get ready for that Disney trip!!! Thank you so much for listening!

Vikki
04-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Podcasts just make the drive so much easier :)

Wendy
04-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Have to admit, I tipped them off that we were talking about them ;)

Good to have you guys join us :)

Thanks Vikki :)

Vikki
04-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Hope that's not a sarcastic thanks ;)

Vikki
04-06-2013, 06:16 PM
There is fanboys and fanboys uncensored. They are very different although the same people.

I have found them both on my app but the uncensored one doesn't show any episodes :confused:

Wendy
04-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Hope that's not a sarcastic thanks ;)

No not at all, when we say thanks here, we mean it :D

Vikki
04-06-2013, 07:09 PM
No not at all, when we say thanks here, we mean it :D

Good to know :D

Tishypops
04-06-2013, 07:30 PM
I have found them both on my app but the uncensored one doesn't show any episodes :confused:

Maybe you should upgrade to an iPhone ;)

Beccaberry
04-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Podcasts just make the drive so much easier :)

Don't they, though?? Of course, I get so engrossed listening from time to time that I have to remind myself I'm driving!

Vikki
04-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Maybe you should upgrade to an iPhone ;)

Nah, had one of those until last year, prefer my android :D

Oreo
04-06-2013, 08:04 PM

In all seriousness episode 31 was really good and my first one I listened too, was very useful.

In regards to your podcast number 31 of resort loop was fantastic with strategies with dealing with the heat in Florida, well worth a listen to anyone thinking of going in the summer months!

I've got to ask who was the crazy American guy on one of the dis after dark episodes? He had me in stitches with adding 'springs' to everything!

Anyway keep up the good work with the podcasts, they are really appreciated!

Oreo
04-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Nah, had one of those until last year, prefer my android :D

Im on the hunt for a new phone. The new iPhone is very expensive!

What android do you use and would you recommend it?

Dis After Dark Soapdish
04-06-2013, 08:08 PM
In all seriousness episode 31 was really good and my first one I listened too, was very useful.

In regards to your podcast number 31 of resort loop was fantastic with strategies with dealing with the heat in Florida, well worth a listen to anyone thinking of going in the summer months!

I've got to ask who was the crazy American guy on one of the dis after dark episodes? He had me in stitches with adding 'springs' to everything!

Anyway keep up the good work with the podcasts, they are really appreciated!

I believe that was our good friend Joshua Gillespie of JG Reviews fame!

also, thanks to Vikki for the tip. And please, if anyone hates Dis After Dark, don't be afraid to say. We can take the abuse :-)

Vikki
04-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Im on the hunt for a new phone. The new iPhone is very expensive!

What android do you use and would you recommend it?

Samsung s3. I absolutely love it! As a dedicated iPhone user I was a bit unsure but am a total convert now :)

Oreo
04-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I believe that was our good friend Joshua Gillespie of JG Reviews fame!

also, thanks to Vikki for the tip. And please, if anyone hates Dis After Dark, don't be afraid to say. We can take the abuse :-)

I LOVE the format! Not sure who thought it up but it's a great idea!

I did a podcast for my local footie team and know how hard it is to keep the shows going at a high level so you have my full respect for that!

I think the cool wall idea is good too (even if it is from a TV show!).

I haven't listened to many of the earlier episodes and I'm guessing there was a jukebox section? Or if not it might be good to add it a bit like the Disney Island Disks on the older Disney Brit podcasts.

As I said on twitter the only small 'issue' was that it was very quiet last episode but no doubt that'll be sorted.

Got to ask what microphone do you use? As I'm tempted to start podcasting for the football again, but I only have a cheap set up at the moment.

Oreo
04-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Samsung s3. I absolutely love it! As a dedicated iPhone user I was a bit unsure but am a total convert now :)

Thank you!

i was tempted with the s3 I must admit as it seems a good phone and with the s4 just out its getting alot cheaper!

Thanks again! :)

Vikki
04-06-2013, 08:18 PM

You're welcome.

Who would hate you guys? You're all hillarious! Makes me smile every time I listen. Loving the 'cool wall' feature at the moment.

Beccaberry
04-06-2013, 09:55 PM
I haven't listened to many of the earlier episodes and I'm guessing there was a jukebox section?

Just heard the jukebox intro today! Lol! Haven't quite caught up yet :)

And yeah, I enjoy the format as well...in fact, I'm sat here at our local bar (pub) as we speak thinking how funny it would be to try and podcast from here!

Britchick
04-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Just heard the jukebox intro today! Lol! Haven't quite caught up yet :)

And yeah, I enjoy the format as well...in fact, I'm sat here at our local bar (pub) as we speak thinking how funny it would be to try and podcast from here!

Ive been at a live podcast before, Disneybrit, haven't listened in ages though. May have to try some of the others

Beccaberry
04-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Ive been at a live podcast before, Disneybrit, haven't listened in ages though. May have to try some of the others

Well, the gorgeous thing about it all is, if you really don't care for the one your listening to, you can just skip right on...you don't feel like you're a captive audience.

Britchick
04-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Well, the gorgeous thing about it all is, if you really don't care for the one your listening to, you can just skip right on...you don't feel like you're a captive audience.

Which one was the swinging one? Think I'll start with that one first :yes:

Dis After Dark Soapdish
05-06-2013, 07:29 AM
I LOVE the format! Not sure who thought it up but it's a great idea!

I did a podcast for my local footie team and know how hard it is to keep the shows going at a high level so you have my full respect for that!

I think the cool wall idea is good too (even if it is from a TV show!).

I haven't listened to many of the earlier episodes and I'm guessing there was a jukebox section? Or if not it might be good to add it a bit like the Disney Island Disks on the older Disney Brit podcasts.

As I said on twitter the only small 'issue' was that it was very quiet last episode but no doubt that'll be sorted.

Got to ask what microphone do you use? As I'm tempted to start podcasting for the football again, but I only have a cheap set up at the moment.

You don't need to spend loads on a mic. Mine was about 4.99 or some shows I use Skype on my iPhone. It depends what recording software you use but Paul is the tech guy so what do I know?

Tishypops
06-06-2013, 05:46 AM

Just wanted to say thank you for your podcast, I have been sat in my garden planning my next trip since 5am as I couldnt sleep and I have had you all as company :lol:

Dis After Dark Soapdish
07-06-2013, 02:58 AM
Just wanted to say thank you for your podcast, I have been sat in my garden planning my next trip since 5am as I couldnt sleep and I have had you all as company :lol:

Your more then welcome! It's comments like that, which makes us continue to do the show :-)

Vikki
08-06-2013, 09:03 PM
This weeks dis after dark was brilliant! They had Jim Hill on (from another of my favourite podcasts). Brilliant episode!

Tishypops
08-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Not listened yet, I have been listening to passporter moms all afternoon. Glad I did too, I didn't know you had to register first thing in the morning for Jedi academy *picture us running through the park at opening*

Tishypops
08-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Oops just downloaded another 10 passporter moms ones. I like that they label them with what they have discussed so you can choose the topics you want to hear about

Vikki
09-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Can't say I was too keen on that one......like the tip about the Jedi training academy though. Did it say where you have to register?

Tishypops
09-06-2013, 12:03 PM
I didn't like it at first but I have given it another go and I have got some great stuff from it. I think because it isn't all news it is actually tips. Apparently it is left of the sorcerers hat towards star tours there is a cast member with a clip board. You have to have the kids with you because they will ask them questions probably just to make sure they are not too shy and they tell you what time slot you can have

Vikki
09-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks for that. Maybe I should give them another listen.

Vikki
12-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Listened to a couple more of the episodes and quite liked them after all :D

Tishypops
12-06-2013, 03:58 PM
:0) I keep downloading new episodes. Just received $30 gift voucher for sending in a tip too :wahoo:

Tishypops
12-06-2013, 03:59 PM
And my review was read out in dis after dark! And yes it should have been a but lol

Vikki
12-06-2013, 04:11 PM
:0) I keep downloading new episodes. Just received $30 gift voucher for sending in a tip too :wahoo:

Oooo really. What's the address to send that too?

Thought I'd heard your name read out on dis afterdark. I have a feeling Keith had a review read out too.

Tishypops
12-06-2013, 04:13 PM
For tips you enter them on the website. Click on 'customs office' at the top then competition station

Vikki
12-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Oooo I might just do that!

Beccaberry
13-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Just finished the Dis After Dark latest w/ Jim Hill - agree it was quite brilliant. AND I did hear a nice shout out from a couple of our members here...very cool! Also enjoyed the latest Resort Loop one - Bob is visiting the World this week and dropped his dog Sunny off at the kennel in DW - I'm anxious to hear his review.

Was also listening to a recent one from Lou Mongello's where he talked about the spa at the Dolphin (that Tink mentioned when I was looking). Reviews on that particular spa have been quite hard to come by, but his was great - I'm ready to go NOW!

Tishypops
13-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I just finished listening to lou's and half way through resort loop :0)

Tishypops
13-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Don't you hate it when you are up to date with them. I subscribe to 20 now so it doesn't happen very often but I feel lost without one waiting for me

Oreo
13-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Don't you hate it when you are up to date with them. I subscribe to 20 now so it doesn't happen very often but I feel lost without one waiting for me

You know I sat looking at my phone this morning thinking the same.

It's amazing how quickly you can listen to them!

Vikki
13-06-2013, 06:02 PM
:D I agree. I love when I come down in the morning and there's a light flashing on my phone to show me there's a new one. The only trouble I have is which order to listen to them in lol :D

This thread is fab :)

Vikki
14-01-2014, 02:39 PM
There's a new one by the Disney family museum that's excellent. The first episode has one of the last ever interviews with Diane Disney Miller, and the second one has an interview with Tom Hanks. Thought you'd all like to know :-)

Beccaberry
14-01-2014, 04:04 PM
OOOH! Excellent! Thank, Vikki!

Vikki
14-01-2014, 05:20 PM
I just finished the Tom Hanks one and it was great!

Tony G
14-01-2014, 07:13 PM
I never noticed this thread before, I subscribe to the following Disney podcasts:

Inside the Magic - Reliable, well produced and full of news
WDW Today - Excellent resource for theme park strategies
DIS Unplugged - Great group of podcasters and excellent production value.
Eye on Orlando - All but gone now, hasn't been reliably released for over a year but was once my favourite of the lot.

I've been meaning to subscribe to the Disney Family Museum one, but I just don't have time to keep up with another one! I did visit the place though, it was really special... Sold some excellent paintbrush pencils too!

Vikki
14-01-2014, 07:31 PM
I'd love to visit there.
I couldn't get on with DIS unplugged, not sure why, just can't put my finger on it.

Tony G
14-01-2014, 07:44 PM
I'd love to visit there.
I couldn't get on with DIS unplugged, not sure why, just can't put my finger on it.
Probably Teresa - she does my head in!

Vikki
14-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Hehe!
I think I have the perfect list now, whiles away the commuting hours.
I have-
WDW today
Be our guest
Passporter moms (really cheesy)
Radio Harambe
Disney Dream girls (new)
DIS after dark
WED way now
The new WD family museum one
Then I have WDW Radio (I love Lou), DisneyBrit, and INTM for when hubby and I are both in the car, as he likes those.

Vikki
15-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I forgot Resort loop! Love that one! If you listen to episode 90, you may hear an introduction from.someone familiar!

Britchick
15-01-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm going to visit! If i had a car stereo that i could put pod casts through i'd listen to lots of podcasts.. alas i don't

Vikki
15-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Do you have an aux input? I download the podcasts onto my phone and use an aux cable (few quid off eBay).

Britchick
15-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Do you have an aux input? I download the podcasts onto my phone and use an aux cable (few quid off eBay).

no :( was looking at changing it but because it's quite large it would need a fascia or whatever you call them, a cheap one, that and fitting would be over 100 - not that bothered as i'm going to be trading it in when I get a job

Tony G
15-01-2014, 08:50 PM
no :( was looking at changing it but because it's quite large it would need a fascia or whatever you call them, a cheap one, that and fitting would be over 100 - not that bothered as i'm going to be trading it in when I get a job
Is it old enough to have a tape player? That's actually one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get your iPod playing in your car.

Vikki
16-01-2014, 08:39 AM
Or you could just play it from.your phone on a high volume :-D

Beccaberry
16-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Vikki, you and I listen to many of the same ones! I also love Resort Loop, but I am WOEFULLY behind in my episodes because of the winter hols...I wasn't driving anywhere to listen!!! I'll be looking forward to episode 90 though!

Beccaberry
16-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Vikki - do you use an app to listen to your podcasts? I've recently decided that the podcast app for iPhone is rubbish.

Vikki
16-01-2014, 02:41 PM
I do yes. I use pocketcasts. It's fantastic! Really easy to use. I wouldn't use anything else now :-D

Beccaberry
16-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Vikki - I'll give it a look.

Vikki
16-01-2014, 03:48 PM
It's the best one I've found. I like that you can have seperate playlists. So I have one for when it's just me in the car, and one when it's the whole family.