PDA

View Full Version : Spring must be here!

kazzaqld
19-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Even though it's still cold (by my standards anyway :lol: )

DS just got swooped by a magpie on his way to school, poor thing.:eek3:

If you walk or ride under their nests they will dive at you!

keith
19-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Even though it's still cold (by my standards anyway :lol: )

DS just got swooped by a magpie on his way to school, poor thing.:eek3:

If you walk or ride under their nests they will dive at you!

EEEK!

uscwest
20-08-2008, 01:13 AM
NOOOO. It can't be spring down there yet. I'm not quite ready for Fall. Actually I am but hey.....

kazzaqld
20-08-2008, 01:59 AM
It usually starts to warm up about now - we might get one or two more cool days, but once mid-August is past, we warm back up.

It's a beautiful day here now - 68F/20C - I still have a sweater on but the sky is blue with just a few clouds and lovely bright sunshine. :emoticon-object-062

Beccaberry
20-08-2008, 02:06 AM
*sigh* I am sooooooooooo ready for fall here....can't wait to see the leaves change...

kazzaqld
20-08-2008, 02:09 AM
See that's something we don't get here.

Despite my whining there's not really that much difference between summer and winter, and most of the trees don't change colour or lose their leaves.

I'd love to see it sometime. :p015:

Beccaberry
20-08-2008, 02:16 AM
You should come for a fall visit then!!!

Jon still laughs at me when we go driving in the fall..."Why so quiet" he'll ask...."Just looking at the trees" I'll respond. He doesn't understand that in Texas, the leaves don't change colors and fall gently from the trees....they burn up in the thousand degree heat and disintegrate into a pile of brown dust.

kazzaqld
20-08-2008, 02:25 AM
You should come for a fall visit then!!!

Jon still laughs at me when we go driving in the fall..."Why so quiet" he'll ask...."Just looking at the trees" I'll respond. He doesn't understand that in Texas, the leaves don't change colors and fall gently from the trees....they burn up in the thousand degree heat and disintegrate into a pile of brown dust.

Sounds almost like here! :p015:

uscwest
20-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I can't even remember the last time I was in New England in the fall.

Beccaberry
20-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Then maybe it's time for a visit!!! :wink: