PDA

View Full Version : Tripods

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 08:34 AM
i have this tripod (http://www.amazon.co.uk/V20514-VEL-CX-440-TRIPOD/dp/B000KHTB58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1219221089&sr=1-1) i bought for my hi8 camcorder, and used it wither my new one also took the photos that i posted on here

do you think it would be OK to take over there or do you think its way too BIG!!

Slowhand
20-08-2008, 09:14 AM
It seems like a nice piece of kit Mick but would you really want to lug it around WDW? Personally for the amount of time that you use it...is it worth the hassle?

Tink
20-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I've seen some folks lugging those huge tripods and they never look very happy. Perhaps carrying it for a special event like a parade, Wishes, Illuminations... but not to keep it along every day.

On the other hand, if you had an ECV you could strap it to the back of it, and no problem!

Britchick
20-08-2008, 09:19 AM
did u see the one i got that attaches to the side of my camera bag? i got it from jessops

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 09:23 AM
It seems like a nice piece of kit Mick but would you really want to lug it around WDW? Personally for the amount of time that you use it...is it worth the hassle?

i was thinking of getting a rucksack back and strapping it to that, but i guess your right its only extra weight, and would i use it that much

On the other hand, if you had an ECV you could strap it to the back of it, and no problem!

id get one in a moment as its so easy for everyone, but she wont let me get an ECV tink :( :mad: too expensive, and too much from the budget shed rather push me

Tink
20-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I am not going to interfere in your family matters, plans or budgets, but I must tell you (having pushed a number of WCs) that choosing a WC over an ECV is penny wise and pound foolish. (No pun intended). :)

An ECV is much more comfortable, much easier on all concerned, no pushing over rough terrain, up hills, through crowds, trying to control it going down hill. A WC interferes with the ability to talk and communicate, and detracts from the person's ability to be independent.

There are many places off site that will rent an ECV to you, deliver it and pick it up. I know you are staying off site so transporting one to and from the parks might be a hassle, but you could research the options.

I won't go on and on about it, but really wish there were a way for you to have one.

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 10:01 AM
I am not going to interfere in your family matters, plans or budgets, but I must tell you (having pushed a number of WCs) that choosing a WC over an ECV is penny wise and pound foolish. (No pun intended). :)

An ECV is much more comfortable, much easier on all concerned, no pushing over rough terrain, up hills, through crowds, trying to control it going down hill. A WC interferes with the ability to talk and communicate, and detracts from the person's ability to be independent.

There are many places off site that will rent an ECV to you, deliver it and pick it up. I know you are staying off site so transporting one to and from the parks might be a hassle, but you could research the options.

I won't go on and on about it, but really wish there were a way for you to have one.

hey tink i dont mind what you say, they are my exact points that ive made, im gonna do some diggin. only problem is i wont need one all the time, ie at the water parks, shopping etc the places i will is the main parks, but we arent doing thoise on consecutive days, if we leave it until we reach a park there is a chance there wont be any left

tb2830
20-08-2008, 10:22 AM
:slap: your a adult if you feel you want one then have one :lol:

Tink
20-08-2008, 10:49 AM
There is a very good chance that there will be though. Especially if you get there at or shortly at opening. The cost really isn't all that bad for the once in awhile use at the parks. They refund a portion of the fee, and if you switch parks during the same day, you can take your receipt and show them and get another one at the other park without any additional cost.

They are MUCH better, trust me on this one, ok? I know it's not your way, but put your foot down on this one. It's for the comfort of all, not just you. :hug1:

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 10:59 AM
:slap: your a adult if you feel you want one then have one :lol:

told you b4 if the money isnt there its not a viable option :slap::tongue0011-1::tongue0011-1:;) :lol:

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 11:02 AM
There is a very good chance that there will be though. Especially if you get there at or shortly at opening. The cost really isn't all that bad for the once in awhile use at the parks. They refund a portion of the fee, and if you switch parks during the same day, you can take your receipt and show them and get another one at the other park without any additional cost.

They are MUCH better, trust me on this one, ok? I know it's not your way, but put your foot down on this one. It's for the comfort of all, not just you. :hug1:

im gonna see if i can get some prices for the parks

we always go for opening at every park we go to so if there is a chance of getting one then i will see whats what when i fiond out costs, thx tink :hug2:

Tink
20-08-2008, 01:38 PM
I think, don't quote me though (but I'll check when next down there for you) that it's about $35/40 a day with $10 back when you return it?

I know I remember thinking that it was WELL worth the cost when I had to give in and use one in California. First time I've ever used an ECV, and let me tell you, I was nearly spoilt! :D

You could easily blow that amount of money on a useless souvenir or food that isn't really needed, eh? :yes:

Comfort and safety are important Mick. :yes:

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 04:10 PM
I think, don't quote me though (but I'll check when next down there for you) that it's about $35/40 a day with $10 back when you return it?

I know I remember thinking that it was WELL worth the cost when I had to give in and use one in California. First time I've ever used an ECV, and let me tell you, I was nearly spoilt! :D

You could easily blow that amount of money on a useless souvenir or food that isn't really needed, eh? :yes:

Comfort and safety are important Mick. :yes:

oooo very interesting so its around $25-$30 per day * 5/8 days so for 8 days at $25/$30 thats $200/$240

will have to work out the funds it would be much better all arounf for sure :)

thx tink :hug2:

Tink
20-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Bottom line is you are at WDW on holiday. Everyone should have some spending money, eh? So spend your's on something that will keep you quite comfortable and as mobile as possible. :yes:

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Bottom line is you are at WDW on holiday. Everyone should have some spending money, eh? So spend your's on something that will keep you quite comfortable and as mobile as possible. :yes:

oh i know your right tink. me and her dont have our own spends as such just in a pot, but whatever a WC costs im gonna add to from my birthday $$$$ i gotand get one, sod it

Tink
20-08-2008, 07:50 PM
:hug2:

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 11:06 PM
:D

malcolm
21-08-2008, 08:49 AM
i have this tripod (http://www.amazon.co.uk/V20514-VEL-CX-440-TRIPOD/dp/B000KHTB58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1219221089&sr=1-1) i bought for my hi8 camcorder, and used it wither my new one also took the photos that i posted on here

do you think it would be OK to take over there or do you think its way too BIG!!

Oi..Dip stick.... have a simular one in the villa and will leave it out for you..Only had to ask:rolleyes008:

ukwdwnut
21-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Oi..Dip stick.... have a simular one in the villa and will leave it out for you..Only had to ask:rolleyes008:

oi rodney watch it :tongue0011-1::tongue0011-1:

cool thanks malc :)

Britchick
21-08-2008, 10:37 AM

you certainly got him sussed:p015:

ukwdwnut
21-08-2008, 10:43 AM
you certainly got him sussed:p015:

:tongue0011-1::tongue0011-1::tongue0011-1::tongue0011-1::slap:

Watchinherskip
11-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Mick I carry a small tripod in my fanny pack..ok a "bum" pack to you mate. It has velcro to attach to posts or trees and small fold out legs. I got it from Eddie Bauer or was it REI...at any rate, they are pretty handy. There is a newer version with bendable legs called a gorilla pod. I would hate to have to carry around a real tripod.:p015:

simonwebb74
29-09-2008, 08:46 AM
After all these attempts at space pics over the weekend, I need a tripod!!

Any suggestions on what is a good one, I wouldn't be carrying it around too much so size isn't really an option. Just want nice stable shots.

Thanks

ukwdwnut
29-09-2008, 02:31 PM
i have a normal size tripod that i bought with my hi8 cam years ago, still use it for the gigi cam and now the camera

i have this one, its only 16.99 i think

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s192/essexmick/tripod.jpg

has a two stage leg extention and winds up at least 10" more as well

simonwebb74
30-09-2008, 07:31 AM
I just saw this one on Amazon for 17.

http://www.hama.co.uk/portal/articleId*92117/action*2563

To be honest I don't really know what is good or bad!

ukwdwnut
30-09-2008, 09:09 AM
I just saw this one on Amazon for 17.

http://www.hama.co.uk/portal/articleId*92117/action*2563

To be honest I don't really know what is good or bad!

thaey are all pretty much the same simon, the one you saw looked exactly like mine lol

for a small one that clamps onto things the gorlla trpod looks good and keith recommended it

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s192/essexmick/gorilla.jpg

simonwebb74
30-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Just looked at the Gorilla Pod, I always dismissed it as being to lightweight. Didn't realise it came in different sizes.
This could definately work for me, will just have to work out the weight of my camera.

lisaw
30-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Colin has got one like the amazon one - why don't you try it out to get an idea of what it is like?

simonwebb74
30-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Colin has got one like the amazon one - why don't you try it out to get an idea of what it is like?

Can you bring it over now?????

lisaw
30-09-2008, 08:42 PM
er no! :lol:

You can come and get it if you desperately need it now! :unsure:

simonwebb74
30-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Only joking!!!

lisaw
30-09-2008, 08:46 PM
There are some nice clouds to take photos of :gy:

simonwebb74
30-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I might get my camera wet!!!!

simonwebb74
01-10-2008, 10:09 AM
thaey are all pretty much the same simon, the one you saw looked exactly like mine lol

for a small one that clamps onto things the gorlla trpod looks good and keith recommended it

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s192/essexmick/gorilla.jpg

I weighed my camera last night, 934g including lens, so if I want a Gorilla Pod I will have to go for the SLR-Zoom model, which, typically is the most expensive - 32 on Amazon and no adjustable mount.