View Full Version : Tropical storm fay heads towards Orlando

20-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Sounds like a wet and windy time for folks at DisneyWorld

Hurricane warnings were canceled as Tropical Storm Fay failed to meet the 74 mile per hour sustained wind threshold required by the National Hurricane Center.

Fay made landfall at Cape Romano early Tuesday where residents of nearby Marco Island were encouraged to evacuate.

Tropical Storm Fay's path is expected to bring it close to Orlando on Tuesday and eventually reach the Atlantic as a tropical depression on Wednesday.

It is anticipated that Fay will dump up to 10 inches of rain in certain areas and could generate isolated tornadoes.

Florida utilities are busy restoring power where outages have been reported.

20-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Let me tell you this is one strange storm. It's worse this morning than it has been all yesterday. Gusts up to 60 MPH and sheeting rain. (Rain has stopped right now). Went outdoors to see how things were and it's a little nasty out there! :eek:

Wind is actually a little cold.

The east coast is getting hammered. New Smyrna Beach was just shown and it sure looks like a hurricane over there! :eek:

Starting to sound like more than just a storm here too. :eek:

20-08-2008, 12:43 PM
The little bit I saw on CNN it appears that it is doubling back on land further north on the east coast. Looks like the Orlando area could get whipped by it again. :sigh; :(

20-08-2008, 12:58 PM
It's one of those storms where we are all just going to have to wait and see. Has really messed up the schedules this week! :sigh;

20-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Do we have a prayer smiley , DOROTHY !!! I need one bad folks , poor Kim is having a nervous breakdown . LOL Although, they are saying its heading out toward Alabama , ( which is bad enough, since we have family coming in from AL ) shes afraid of breakoff storms coming up the east coast . If it rains, the wedding is inside the ballroom with everyone standing around them .

20-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Eeesh. The storm does have the potential to head north as a full hurricane. :(

Best to plan for the worst case scenario and then if it doesn't happen all will be well. :yes:

20-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Be Safe, Sister Tink . :hug2: I should take it back , Kimmy's teasing me saying the castle is going to blow away .