PDA

View Full Version : Fridge Removal from Walt Disney World Resort Guest Rooms

Wendy
10-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Due to a possible defect in the fridges in some of the Guest rooms at the Walt Disney World Resort hotels all fridges have now been removed or temporarily disconnected until the issue can be resolved.

This applies to all Resorts, except Disney Vacation Club rooms, the Family Suites at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, as well as the Family Suites at Disney's All-Star Music Resort, and the cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground.

There is currently no exact timeframe for when the fridges will be replaced, but it is expected to take at least 4 months. There will be a limited number of fridges available by special request at each Resort.

Vikki
10-07-2013, 06:48 PM
That's a real pain! Ah well. These things can't be helped.

Mags
10-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Oh drat. That is a pain.

Mags

Mari
10-07-2013, 06:54 PM
uggg

this is aweful!

I take almond milk with me for the girls :(

Tishypops
10-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Well that messes with our plans of being able to have a cheap breakfast of cereal in the room

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vikki
10-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Us too. That's what we always do :(

Tishypops
10-07-2013, 07:23 PM
uggg

this is aweful!

I take almond milk with me for the girls :(

If you need almond milk then I would call them ahead of time and say that you need a fridge for this.

Vikki
10-07-2013, 07:26 PM
I like to keep Ava's excema cream in the fridge as it really helps cool it down when it's having an 'angry' day.....

Johnie
10-07-2013, 08:51 PM
If you are able to do a grocery stop or have a rental car, you could always get a cheapie styrofoam cooler and fill it up with ice to keep your things cold. Or fill up the sink as a last resort.

Tishypops
10-07-2013, 08:52 PM
If you are able to do a grocery stop or have a rental car, you could always get a cheapie styrofoam cooler and fill it up with ice to keep your things cold. Or fill up the sink as a last resort.

Yea that might be ok. Because it will be milk and September temperatures I am not sure how well it will keep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnie
10-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Of you get enough ice and a cooler that seals well, it should do well. You could always get shelf stable milk. It's more expensive but then you don't need to worry about spoilage.

Tishypops
10-07-2013, 09:35 PM
I guess my dream of a free upgrade to AoA family suite are out the window now as everyone will be moving to them.
Bet people staying at ASSp are not going to be happy no good court and now no fridge! Glad I changed that reservation

uscwest
11-07-2013, 01:38 AM
Donna needs one for medical reasons so I hope this is squared away by December.

Tishypops
11-07-2013, 06:21 AM
They did say they had a small number that people can use but I would hope by December it will be done

Britchick
11-07-2013, 07:25 AM
I've used the cooler and ice many times to keep things fresh

Johnie
11-07-2013, 01:05 PM
John I'd put a request in now for a fridge for a medical need.

Shellyamc
11-07-2013, 01:29 PM
What a pain is right!!

Maybe I can hope this will be settled by November? Arg..

Wendy
11-07-2013, 01:42 PM
What a pain is right!!

Maybe I can hope this will be settled by November? Arg..

Well the word is that it will take about 4 months to replace them all, so I'm guessing that they won't replace them all at the same time. You might be ok for November :fingers:

Shellyamc
11-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Well the word is that it will take about 4 months to replace them all, so I'm guessing that they won't replace them all at the same time. You might be ok for November :fingers:

It seems very odd that they had a problem with all of them :unsure: I know that most of the deluxe and moderate resorts have always had a fridge and they just added them to the Value, so what on earth happened to the ones that have always been there?

Wendy
11-07-2013, 04:32 PM
I have no idea, it's obviously a health and safety issue and they don't want to risk something happening :shrug:

Britchick
11-07-2013, 05:01 PM
It might be that they had a manufacturers recall. Can you imagine If one set on fire in a room! Long time to wait for replacements!

Vikki
11-07-2013, 05:30 PM
It's a pretty major park of the rooms features one I think.....I doubt most people will realise until check in too.

Johnie
11-07-2013, 07:57 PM
There is supposed to be a fire risk. I haven't been in a value room since they added them but I heard they were more like beverage coolers they have on the ship as opposed to the mini fridges they have in mods/deluxes.

Mari
12-07-2013, 02:47 AM
If you need almond milk then I would call them ahead of time and say that you need a fridge for this.

Will do! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Mari
12-07-2013, 02:50 AM
There is supposed to be a fire risk. I haven't been in a value room since they added them but I heard they were more like beverage coolers they have on the ship as opposed to the mini fridges they have in mods/deluxes.

Maybe its because they are hidden behind wooden doors without enough ventilation.

I remember the whole cabinet being super warm to the touch