PDA

View Full Version : Yesteryear Disney style

DisneyFreak
19-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Simpler days. Look at those prices!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Tink
19-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Oh gosh, I remember Discovery Island. I wonder why they don't do something with that place? It was pretty neat!

Shellyamc
20-07-2013, 01:17 AM
Oh gosh, I remember Discovery Island. I wonder why they don't do something with that place? It was pretty neat!

I have seen video on youtube of Discovery Island and River Country and I am shocked that Disney is just leaving them to rot?? All that wasted space seems crazy. At least I would think they would clean out the area or something :unsure:

Tink
20-07-2013, 01:19 AM
River Country became a problem because it was lake water and they couldn't control the bacteria. It was the original water park.

Discovery island was just a neat place. They had cool bird shows (reminiscent of the one at AK) and other animals. It was a pleasant place, and not hectic like the parks.

Oreo
20-07-2013, 09:33 AM
I was fortunate enough to go to River Country just before it closed.

It was such a small water park but as a result wasn't rammed with people. There wasn't 'thrill' slides it was more about having fun with your family.

I fully understand why they shut it, but it's a shame.

It would have been nice for them to re-open it as part of Fort Wilderness but sadly that'll never happen/

catrancher
20-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Hmmm.... almost back to the days of the A,B, C, D, and E tickets. :surrender:

Tom (:macwave:... set the Way Back machine, Sherman!)