PDA

View Full Version : when you arrive

robertcraig
19-07-2013, 10:13 PM
When you arrive at RESORT what is the first thing you do

Tink
19-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Well, check in and then go and check the room/villa. If there are no issues, move in! The exception to this process is at OKW. We check in, and then go to the Gurgling Suitcase and have our traditional "kick off the vacation" beer. One of the few times you'll catch me drinking that American stuff. :D :D

robertcraig
19-07-2013, 11:13 PM
I usually arrive from the UK from 4 till 6 pm after I get to my room it is down to the o pool for a cool beer and a dip

Dawn
20-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Stand in the middle of the room and do this... :mental:

Shellyamc
20-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Check in, get settled, have a look around (if we haven't stayed there before), and then usually off to DTD for some shopping and getting that little bit of Disney magic before our first full day in the parks :) We never have tickets for our first day, they always start the next morning :yes:

Oreo
20-07-2013, 08:37 AM
We tend to arrive early evening as if we're ever delayed it doesn't really affect the holiday.

We will go to the room have a quick look around to see where everything is, maybe have a bite to eat and a swim, collect our refillable mug and a quick look in the gift shop. Once we've done that we're usually ready for bed for an early start the next day. This way seems to reduce any jet lag as well.

piglet
20-07-2013, 09:46 AM
We usually arrive around 7.00pm, get into the room, dump everything, have a quick wash and brush up and take a leisurely stroll round the Boardwalk catching the fireworks if we can stay awake that long. Get back to the room and collapse

keith
20-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Dump suitcases, make sure the room is ok, shower and go out! Usually to EPCOT to see illuminations :)

Wendy
20-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Unpack, go shopping at Publix and then relax sitting by the pool. Nothing exciting really :lol:

catrancher
20-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Since we drive down, we:

Park car at hotel
Place sun shade in car front window.
Place brain on front seat of car.
Lock car.
Check in.
Unpack
Since we always stay at POR, hop the boat to Downtown Disney for some shopping.

Tom (:macwave:... standard operating procedure.)

BUTTERHEAD1
20-07-2013, 02:03 PM
We drive to Florida and normally stay at an off-site hotel for a night or two prior to checking in at WDW. The fact that we are already in Orlando allows us to get to our WDW resort nice and early to pick up our tickets and then we head to MK. Looking forward to repeating this pattern next month.

Johnie
20-07-2013, 02:42 PM
It depends on when we get there. It's always hotel check in first.

If we arrive on the morning or early afternoon then we head to a park. If we do a late evening flight it's go to the room to crash.

uscwest
20-07-2013, 04:12 PM
We normally drive. We check in no matter what time it is. If the room is ready then we'll take luggage to the room. If not we'd probably drop the luggage with bell services. Normally we then head to DTD and the Margarita stand

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

robertcraig
20-07-2013, 04:37 PM
I notice everybody gets into the DISNEY mode right away

keith
20-07-2013, 04:44 PM
I notice everybody gets into the DISNEY mode right away

yeah. On occasions we've had something else booked and in some ways, the holiday doesn't feel like it's started until I've had my glass of champagne and watched illuminations

Wendy
20-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm the odd one out :lol: :lol:

robertcraig
20-07-2013, 05:29 PM
We should all do this and shout Gallo DISNEY

DisneyFreak
22-07-2013, 01:19 PM
We usually leave the house around 5am, stop at Starbucks for human fuel and begin driving north. We generally arrive around 8am, check in, and then head to the Polynesian (if not staying there) for breakfast and a ride and visit to the monorail resorts. Our room is usually ready by the time we return.

Tink
24-07-2013, 01:31 AM
HOW fast do you drive?! :eek: Three hours from Naples to WDW? Whew! :D

DisneyFreak
24-07-2013, 12:51 PM
HOW fast do you drive?! :eek: Three hours from Naples to WDW? Whew! :D

We're in Ft Myers so that's 45 minutes closer. :D

Tink
25-07-2013, 12:17 AM
That's still pretty darn fast! :eek: I used to live in South Ft. Myers. :D

I think the quickest I ever made it was in 2hrs 15 and that was at night and I was flying. (Went through the center of the state, Arcadia and all that jazz).

DisneyFreak
25-07-2013, 01:09 PM
That's still pretty darn fast! :eek: I used to live in South Ft. Myers. :D

I think the quickest I ever made it was in 2hrs 15 and that was at night and I was flying. (Went through the center of the state, Arcadia and all that jazz).

That's the route we take. Go through Arcadia, head east on 64 to Avon Park and then north on 27 to I4.

Tink
25-07-2013, 10:10 PM
We never took 64. Arcadia to 17 to 27...

Watchinherskip
26-07-2013, 03:47 PM

I am so with you on that!! Usually giggle all the way back to our room with anticipation for the vacation. Usually try to take in the ambiance of the lobby while checking in and chatting it up with the CMs whenever possible.

Badlydrawnkel
26-07-2013, 03:53 PM
You're all making me excited! As of tomorrow I will have 21 sleeps for my first WDW adventure!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Wendy
26-07-2013, 03:56 PM
You're all making me excited! As of tomorrow I will have 21 sleeps for my first WDW adventure!

OMG, it's your first visit, there is nothing like the first time you drive through the Welcome to Walt Disney World signs and when you walk into the Magic Kingdom, well there's just no hope, you will be addicted :lol:

You must start a pre-trip report and tell us all the things you have planned :D :beg:

Badlydrawnkel
26-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Where do I post the pretrip report? ;-)

Wendy
26-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Where do I post the pretrip report? ;-)

Brilliant :mental: you can post it here (http://wdisneysecrets.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-Trip-Reports) thank you :worship::worship:

Jodie
08-08-2013, 06:09 AM
In Jan we carried the kids from the car to bed then unpacked and climbed in ourselves!

Beccaberry
08-08-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm an unpacker ;) so we usually start there, and then it depends in the time of day...if it's somewhat early we'll head to a park, if it's later we'll explore the resort and have some dinner...

lozzy
09-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Once we have found our way to the villa, normally with a few wrongs turns here and there.
We drop everything in the rooms, then back in the car for a little drive about to get a idea what's around us. Pick up a few bits at the local store and then back to the villa unpack and chilli.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dawn
09-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Well once I've stopped doing this :mental: then last time my mum and myself drove down to Publix for chicken and salad and bits for dinner. Then we drag Steven out the pool and eat, then we all just float around in the pool and keep going as long as possible. If we can make it to 9pm that's amazing.

I unpack the next day when we're up at 3am.:lol: