PDA

View Full Version : Today was the Day

Wendy
31-07-2013, 11:10 AM
I went to the hospital this morning and had my injections, they really weren't as bad as I thought they would be. It hurt but it was short lived.

I feel wonderful at the moment but that's because he injected an anaesthetic as well as the steroid. He told me that I might get swelling and extra pain in the next couple of days but that it is normal and it will take up to 2 weeks to fully take effect. With the amount of degeneration I have, he said there is an outside chance that they won't work, but it's a chance I had to take.

So keep your fingers crossed for me, this time next month we will be over the pond, at home and hopefully ecv free :wink: :D

Beccaberry
31-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Keeping everything crossed that it works even better than you hoped!

piglet
31-07-2013, 12:17 PM
:hug2: hope it goes well and you get to wander round everywhere chairless :hug2:

Britchick
31-07-2013, 12:25 PM
really hope it works for you :hug2:

Mari
31-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Really hoping for excellent results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MystikPiglit
31-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Keeping everything crossed for you. :hug2:

uscwest
31-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Hope it all goes well sweetie. Sorry we won't be down there to see you and Chris.

Mags
31-07-2013, 01:17 PM
I do hope that it works for you Wendy and that you are ECV free. Who knows, you might even be able to run up to the castle.

Mags

Wendy
31-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks everyone, fingers crossed eh :)

I do hope that it works for you Wendy and that you are ECV free. Who knows, you might even be able to run up to the castle.

Mags

:lol: I can't see that happening somehow :lol:

Slowhand
31-07-2013, 02:13 PM
I`ll cancel the stair lift order then. :lol:
Seriously Wendy, I`m keeping all of my appendages crossed that it all works out fine and that you will have some better mobility for your hols. :hug2:

Shellyamc
31-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Sending all of the love and hope in the world that you can walk hand in hand with your Dh in The Happiest Place on Earth :hug2:

Feeling better is huge, and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than you do!!

Wendy
31-07-2013, 02:15 PM
I`ll cancel the stair lift order then. :lol:
Seriously Wendy, I`m keeping all of my appendages crossed that it all works out fine and that you will have some better mobility for your hols. :hug2:

Thanks Terry, yep, you can cancel the stair lift - have you and Chris been talking, because that's more or less what he said :lol:

Wendy
31-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Sending all of the love and hope in the world that you can walk hand in hand with your Dh in The Happiest Place on Earth :hug2:

Feeling better is huge, and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than you do!!

Aww Shelly, you'll make me cry, it's been a long time since I've been able to hold Chris' hand when we go out :sigh: it would be a dream come true if I can do that :yes:

Shellyamc
31-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Aww Shelly, you'll make me cry, it's been a long time since I've been able to hold Chris' hand when we go out :sigh: it would be a dream come true if I can do that :yes:

Well how lucky that you are going to the place where dreams come true!! You have no idea how much I am wishing this for you :hug2:

Deb
31-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Aw, I so echo what Shelly said!!!! I have everything crossed for you Wendy, and I shall ask all of the critters here to cross their paws and hooves too :D

:hug2:

lozzy
31-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Really hope it works Wendy,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wendy
31-07-2013, 11:22 PM
I've been to bed and got up again :sigh: my legs are all achy and twitchy and my knees are throbbing :( I was warned that after the anaesthetic wore off I might have some residual pain for a few days so I guess he was right.

It's very easy to get caught up in the moment and think everything is perfect, even for just a little while and even though I was warned it does feel like a failure at the moment even if it's not and what I have is normal :(

I guess it's late and things always feel worse at night, I'm just really fed up with living like this, it gets you down after a while. If Chris was awake, he'd tell me that I'm expecting too much too soon, but I can't help myself. I know I go on about it, and you must all be fed up with me and the saga of my knees, I'm sorry :sorry: :hug2:

Tink
31-07-2013, 11:42 PM
Nothing at all to apologize for, Dear Friend. :hug2: I so hope the injections work. The initial discomfort can be fairly miserable, but let's hope it starts to ease tomorrow. Maybe you can take something for the side effect pain?

Will send every good wish for things to work out well!

Shellyamc
31-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Not one thing to be sorry for :hug2: What are we here for if not to support each other when things are hard. Sometimes the downfall of believing in magic is, we expect it all the time ;) Give it some time, don't give up just yet!

Wendy
31-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Thanks Tink, I'm just feeling sorry for myself and I'm tired but I just can't relax. I took some painkillers (paracetamol and codeine) at 10.30pm so I will take the stronger ones (Tramadol) I have at about 2am.

Tink
31-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Well, I sure hope they start to help! :hug2: It's quite late. You are going to be tired tomorrow. :(

Wendy
01-08-2013, 12:04 AM
It's 1am here and Chris needs to be up at 6.30am as he has to be at one of his offices at 9am and it's a 2 and a bit hour drive depending on the traffic. So yes I will be tired tomorrow, but at least I'll be able to sleep Thursday night :lol:

Tink
01-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Well, that's one way to look at it. :D

Deb
01-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Just popping in to give you a hug Wendy :hug2: I hope you feel at least a little better this morning, and that the Doctor is right, that it will start feeling better after a little while. Sometimes they are right you know ;)

xxx

Wendy
01-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks Deb :hug2:

Oh boy was I feeling sorry for myself last night :redface: :sorry: I've been up since 6am and feel surprisingly awake, mind you it looks like I've been doing hours of exercise as my face is really red and warm :lol: At least I won't scare the Tesco delivery man by looking like the living dead :lol:

Tink
01-08-2013, 09:46 AM
How are the knees feeling? Any tenderness at the injection site? :hug2: Sure hope today is better than yesterday for you!

Britchick
01-08-2013, 10:19 AM
blimey Wendy, if i'd taken codeine and tramadol i'd be asleep all day! I hope things start to ease for you, chronic pain is terrible and i think until you've experienced it you don't realise just how terrible it can be. So you moan away all you like, we're here for you :hug2:

are you taking pain meds regularly? I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs but maybe the next day or 2 take them regularly then gradually reduce so that you can feel the benefit of the injection? :hug2:

Wendy
01-08-2013, 10:35 AM
How are the knees feeling? Any tenderness at the injection site? :hug2: Sure hope today is better than yesterday for you!

It's quite sore today, slightly worse than it was before, but I think that's expected until it settle down and the steroid does it's job. Well that's what I'm hoping anyway :fingers:

blimey Wendy, if i'd taken codeine and tramadol i'd be asleep all day! I hope things start to ease for you, chronic pain is terrible and i think until you've experienced it you don't realise just how terrible it can be. So you moan away all you like, we're here for you :hug2:

are you taking pain meds regularly? I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs but maybe the next day or 2 take them regularly then gradually reduce so that you can feel the benefit of the injection? :hug2:

I think because I take pain medication quite a lot, my body gets used to it, so I try and avoid taking it too much when I can. I'm take tramadol and naproxen every day now :sigh: but the solpadol is a boost if I need it, so I think what you say is a good idea to take them regularly for a couple of days. I'm hoping that I can cut down on the tramadol if the injection works :fingers:

One this is for sure, I'm really glad I listened and didn't have it the day before we went on holiday :lol:

Is it really true that it can take up to two weeks to take full effect :unsure: I was hoping for an immediate cure :lol:

mumof2
01-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Bless you Wendy, I really hope this works for you. To have some relief will be huge for you, Mum suffers so with her constant pain and the little relief she occasionally experiences is so good for her. I hope you get some too. :hug2:

uscwest
01-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Just knowing what I go through, without medications and having seen you I can really feel for you. Really hope these injections work sweetie.

catrancher
01-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Was tied up all day yesterday with the latest set of emergencies at the office so am just now seeing this.

Hope you're feeling better today Wendy.

And hope you won't kneed any of your pain meds for the trip.

Tom (:macwave:... what can I say? I'm learning from Terry. So sad.)

MystikPiglit
01-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Just popping in with a :hug2:. I hope you will get some sleep tonight. :hug2:

Beccaberry
01-08-2013, 02:45 PM
:hug2: Sorry to hear relief hasn't come as quickly as you'd hoped, hon. :fingers: that it happens quite soon, though. Until then, a few extra hugs :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Watchinherskip
01-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Hey Wendy, Hoping for the best!

Wendy
01-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Thank you all :hug2: it means so much, it really does :hug2: