PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasun

Wendy
31-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Has anyone used Ultrasun before, Chris burns very easily so I was thinking about getting him some to try that will last the whole day.

Or do you know of something that works well?

Slowhand
31-07-2013, 02:19 PM
We use it all the time when we visit Florida.
What I particularly like is that one application tends to last me all day and [touch wood] so far I`ve not been sunburnt even though I do burn easily.

Wendy
31-07-2013, 02:45 PM
We use it all the time when we visit Florida.
What I particularly like is that one application tends to last me all day and [touch wood] so far I`ve not been sunburnt even though I do burn easily.

When you mentioned it to Chris he has been on about it ever since :lol: What factor do you use, SPF 30 or SPF 50 and is it the cream or the gel? Is it easy to rub in as he is a right drip when it comes to rubbing cream in :lol:

Slowhand
31-07-2013, 02:57 PM
When you mentioned it to Chris he has been on about it ever since :lol: What factor do you use, SPF 30 or SPF 50 and is it the cream or the gel? Is it easy to rub in as he is a right drip when it comes to rubbing cream in :lol:

I used to use factor 20, but this time I used factor 30 and also it was the cream.
Unlike most lotions, it is an almost colourless liquid [a bit like cooking oil :lol:] and is easily rubbed in the skin leaving no residue.

Wendy
31-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Thank you Sir Terry :hug2:

Dawn
01-08-2013, 05:30 AM
Oooh intriguing..

Does it stain your clothes? Previously we've used the Boots own brand all day suncream for Steven (and us) and it's terrible for staining clothing.:nono:

Slowhand
01-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Does it stain your clothes? Previously we've used the Boots own brand all day suncream for Steven (and us) and it's terrible for staining clothing.:nono:

Not that I`ve noticed. :shrug1:
It seems like it soaks into your skin if you rub it in enough unlike some of the other brands that I have tried which appear to leave an oily residue.

Tink
01-08-2013, 09:51 AM
http://www.neutrogena.com/category/sun.do

This is the brand we use. I cannot STAND sticky, oily sunscreen. This (dry touch version) goes on nearly dry and absorbs instantly. It does not stain clothing, and it doesn't stink (or make you itch).

I used to use Bain De Soleil all the time but you can't find it any more. Neutrogena is very good though. Some versions go up to SPF 100. It's readily available nearly everywhere too. It costs about $8-9 per tube/can. Well worth it for the excellent protection it affords.

Watchinherskip
01-08-2013, 05:47 PM
We love Ocean Potion products. Not sure if you can get them in UK..but they are here in Walmart and other places. Great stuff! Hey smell pretty cool too.