PDA

View Full Version : I made a friend on vacation

DisneyFreak
23-08-2013, 04:38 PM
His name is Makeke and he is a 14 week old Siberian Lynx. What a playful "little" guy. We visited a place in West Palm Beach call McCarthys Wildlife Sancuary. Highly recommended!

uscwest
23-08-2013, 04:54 PM
What a cutie he is.

Wendy
23-08-2013, 08:16 PM
He is adorable :)

Tink
24-08-2013, 02:25 AM
Beautiful cat. Never been there. Will have to check it out. Thanks for the photo and the info. :yes:

Isafari
24-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Great photo :yes:
We went to McCarthys a few years back while at West Palm Beach. We also enjiyed the zoo and butterfly sanctuary but the best by far was Lion Country Safari which is in Loxahatchee. Did you find any other cool places in the area as it's a place we will go back to in the future?

Esmeralda
24-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Oh just gorgeous!

DisneyFreak
26-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Great photo :yes:
We went to McCarthys a few years back while at West Palm Beach. We also enjiyed the zoo and butterfly sanctuary but the best by far was Lion Country Safari which is in Loxahatchee. Did you find any other cool places in the area as it's a place we will go back to in the future?

We didn't do too many other things as this was primarily a beach vacation. We did find a couple of great restaurants I would recommend. The Food Shack in Jupiter is delicious and different. Great atmosphere. Try to sit at the service counter so that you can see all the food preparation. I think the wife took some photos. Found this place on TripAdviser.

Another place was Charlie's Crab in West Palm beach. A little pricey but the food and service was outstanding! We each had the three course lunch special for $25.

We visited the Henry Morrison Flaggler museum in West Palm. A must "to do" if in the area. What a fascinating man. After I finished my novel during the trip I picked up a copy of "The Last Train to Paradise - Henry Flagler and the Spectacular Rise and Fall of the Railroad that Crossed an Ocean". Great read so far.

Slowhand
26-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I picked up a copy of "The Last Train to Paradise - Henry Flagler and the Spectacular Rise and Fall of the Railroad that Crossed an Ocean". Great read so far.
Would this be about the [now defunct] railroad in the Keys which runs alongside the Seven Mile Bridge at Marathon?
If so, I must get a copy of that book. :yes:

DisneyFreak
26-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Would this be about the [now defunct] railroad in the Keys which runs alongside the Seven Mile Bridge at Marathon?
If so, I must get a copy of that book. :yes:

That's exactly what it's about!