PDA

View Full Version : Almost time to Leave

Wendy
28-08-2013, 08:59 PM
The time has finally come, tomorrow we drive to Gatwick for our flight which leaves on Friday :)

I haven't been around much because just about everything that can go wrong, has gone wrong.

Chris' dad had a heart attack just over a week ago and so we weren't sure if we were going to be able to go away. Thankfully he seems to have made a full recovery, he's a little grumpy, but he seems fine and they have told us to go away. As you can imagine, we are very happy that we are able to go :yes:

I am sad to say that the injections have started to wear off already :sigh: it is still not as bad, but I am back on 2 sticks, so it doesn't look like I will be walking down Main Street holding Chris' had :(

To top it all, I have been to the dentist twice today, I have an abscess under one of my teeth. First of all, the dentist said the only option was to extract it, I wasn't happy but the pain was terrible. Anyway, I went back this afternoon and he said he couldn't do an extraction because I am flying on Friday. It's an upper tooth and they are concerned because of my sinuses so all they have given me is some antibiotics. Fingers crossed they work :fingers:

Well after all the doom and gloom of the news :) now for the best part :D

I am almost packed, one case is finished and the other one will be finished tomorrow morning. I've checked and double checked all my documents and made sure I have our passports - Chris thinks I mad :lol:

Is it time to get excited yet :happydance: :happydance:

Mags
28-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Geez Wendy. What a rough week it has been for you all. I hope that Chris's Dad continues to improve and that your health remains stable during your visit. I hope in particular that your tooth is OK. Safe journey and have a wonderful holiday.

Mags

robertcraig
28-08-2013, 10:58 PM
So sorry to hear of your problems have good trip and a magical holiday

Tishypops
29-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Omgoodness what is it with the run up to trips this year? Really glad to hear your DFIL is doing well and fingers crossed these anti biopics will kick in soon xx

Deb
29-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Oh Wendy, what a time of it you've had :hug2: So glad for you that you can still go. I especially hope your knee is easier than you expect it to be. Have a lovely time, you deserve it xxx

Lisa1976
29-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Goodness, a tough time for you guys. Hopefully a month of Florida sunshine will do you the world of good :)

uscwest
29-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your tooth and Chris' dad sweetie. Hope you have a good flight and that the antibiotics work.

piglet
29-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Hopefully all the bad things have now happened and all good things will happen from now on. Have a brilliant time and hope everything is fine

Slowhand
29-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Have a truly amazing holiday Wendy, and hopefully that Florida sunshine may give some relief for your leg issues. :fingers:

Go easy on the rock cakes though. :lol:

catrancher
29-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Have an amazing trip Wendy! :yes:

We'll wave as we pass by a week from tomorrow on our way to Port Canaveral. :sail:

Tom (:macwave:... hope everything stops hurting for you!)

Watchinherskip
29-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Gosh when it rains it pours!! So sorry to hear of the troubles Wendy ol' girl. But you will be heading out soon and I hope you have a wonderful visit!

Shellyamc
29-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Just remember that pixie dust is a magical thing! You never know what it can do! Please have an amazing trip!!! :hug2:

MystikPiglit
29-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Oh my goodness, that's a bad run up to your trip. :comfort: Here's some special :pdust::pdust: :pdust: to make your holiday sparkle. :hug2: :wave:

lozzy
30-08-2013, 02:58 AM
Sorry to hear you've had a tough couple of weeks, just think this time tomorrow your be in your happy place, weather has been really nice here the last few days, a little damp the first week but didn't spoil anything.
Really hope you enjoy you holiday.

Johnie
30-08-2013, 06:43 AM
My goodness! I am glad Chris' dad is on the mend. I hope your knee doesn't give you any trouble and you get an ECV if you need one. That's an order!! :hug2:

Wendy
01-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks all, Chris spoke to his dad yesterday and he seems fine. If something happens and we have to go home them that is fine.

I really don't want to use an ecv :-( I was so embarrassed at the airport being in a wheelchair.

Kate
01-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Youve got to do what youve got to do! Just remember, its something that everybody has seen before - bet nobody would bat at eyelid! however, i also know you and how you'd feel about it - but pleeeease dont suffer!!

Hope you are enjoying yourselves! x