PDA

View Full Version : Pin conferences?

disneydiva
21-08-2008, 11:56 AM
just wondering if they have huge pin meets or get togethers where people can swap pins?

Johnie
21-08-2008, 08:38 PM
They do. Tinker has been to them a couple of times.

Tinker
21-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I will be attending this years pin event titled Disney Pin University . You can pin trade at the DTD Marketplace ... but beware some are real sticklers ( pin sharks) and take the fun out of it .
MouseGears store at Epcot has a pin trading board at 5 PM everyday . You give two pins and pick two pins . Also the World Of Disney 2 PM and 6 PM has meets and trading boards . Contemporary holds pin meets & trading monthly, unsure which week .

keith
21-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Great info thanks Tinker!

Are these swaps "newbie friendly" :lol: or would I get taken for a ride unless I know pins really well?

Isafari
21-08-2008, 11:10 PM
The pin shop at DTD had a trading board at the beginning of the year when we were there....wonder if that's still there!

Tinker
22-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Great info thanks Tinker!

Are these swaps "newbie friendly" :lol: or would I get taken for a ride unless I know pins really well? The only swaps "newbie friendly" are the pin events . Or any meet that is announced officially through Disney . Cast Members love answering newbie questions and interacting with guests .

BevW
22-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Oh my...pins pins pins. I love pins. Yes there are those out there who'll take advantage of you if you don't know what you have.

Tinker
23-09-2008, 04:44 AM
The pin shop at DTD had a trading board at the beginning of the year when we were there....wonder if that's still there! Ah, :yes: Thank You Isafari, that is the most recent that has been opened . Not sure of the time, they open it , but you can ask if you are at DTD . Also, there is a pin trading board on Tuesdays at POR 5:00 PM .