PDA

View Full Version : My Camara has............

Magical Moments.
08-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Packed in http://bestsmileys.com/crying/3.gif.

Everything was fine to start with, then out of the blue all i kept getting was an error 99 on the screen.:confused:

So phoned up the shop where we bought it and they said try a couple of things and see what happens.

Well we cleaned the contacts,swapped over the battery,did everything the man in the shop said,but still errror 99 kept popping up.So out came the bridging camara.http://bestsmileys.com/camera/2.gif

Left the flower show a little early and headed off to the shop, the guy had a look and still no joy,so it is now going off to Canon for a repair or possible replacement.Wouldn't mind though but the camara is only 3 months old.
Really gutted now.

Will post some pics later.

keith
08-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Argh Liz sorry to hear that :( nothing worse.

Err 99 has plagued a few canons I've had. He's right, it's USUALLY either camera or lens contacts but if no go there, it needs a repair

ukwdwnut
08-21-2008, 08:48 PM
oh no liz, no wonder you are gutted and worse still that its only 3m old wlll atleast it can be repaired or even replaced

looking forward to the photos :D

Shogun
08-21-2008, 10:11 PM
And check her countdown. We go 3 weeks today!!!

keith
08-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Canon are really good at getting repairs turned round. Most of my stuff goes on the canon pro scheme now but even before that using normal service, I would get my cameras/lenses back within a week from them

Ursula
08-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Would this be the wrong time to say you can buy disposables?... I just point and click.... I know I don't get those close up fancy shots and I would love to.... but when things go wrong I hate it.

Tink
08-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Eeeesh. I have a "film" cannon with a HUGE lens. It has some problem with the film advance. I haven't taken it in yet (it's been awhile :( ). I miss that camera too. I wasn't good with it, but I was learning. :sigh;