PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Ornament Exchange - Time to Sign Up!!

Deb
23-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Well here we are at that time of year where we can officially use the Christmas smilies with festive abandon! So for those of you who have been trying to avoid THAT word, resist no longer!! It’s Christmas!! (Well, nearly).

:rudolph::santa2::santa10::xmaslites2::xmaslites:: xmastree4::xmascheer:

I am happy to announce that I am now taking names of those who wish to be part of our World Famous Annual Secrets Christmas Ornament Exchange , or the WFASCOE. Catchy, huh? :anxious: (There may well need to be an apostrophe after Secrets, but I wanted to give Dawn something to scrutinise ;) )

For anyone who may be new to this, it is basically a Secret Santa (Secrets Santa…geddit??!! :biggrin: ) for Christmas decorations. When sign-ups are complete, I will secretly send each of you the name and address of another randomly selected participant, and then you send a lovely Christmas Ornament to them. In return you will receive an ornament from someone else on the list. I know that over the years I have received a variety of beautiful decorations from members (we all have marvellous taste here of course!), and it is lovely to see them each year when I decorate the tree.

So, if you would like to sign up for this year’s exchange please PM me, by the 2nd November, with the following information:

*Your Name

*Your Forum Username

*Your Address

*Whether or not you are willing to send overseas

*Whether your Christmas tree has a particular theme that you would like the sender to try to take into account.

*Whether you have been naughty or nice this year. You can always keep that piece of information private between you and our friend Santa :checklist: but we would love to know ;)

Please note that the guideline budget for ornaments is 15 US Dollars.

The last day for posting your ornaments will be 16th November. This should give enough time for our various international postal systems to get them to us in time for trimming our trees :decoratetree:

Below are the official guidelines for the exchange. Please make sure you are aware of them before signing up. Thank you, and let’s make it a wonderful exchange in the grand Secrets' tradition!

:xmasbanner:

General Exchange Guidelines

Disney Secrets cannot be held responsible for the non-receipt of any exchange item - you enter into the exchange at your own risk.

Only registered members may join an exchange. Please don't try to sign up your relatives, children, dog, donkey, goat, heelan coo or anything similar as these will be politely declined.

By signing up you agree to your address details being passed to another forum member.

By signing up you agree not to pass any address or other personal details on to anyone, forum member or otherwise.

Each exchange is for a specific item. Please expect only to receive that specific item. Extras in a package are entirely at the sender's discretion and no one should feel obliged to send anything other than what we are currently exchanging.

Please obtain proof of posting where possible.

Please advise on the appropriate thread when you have sent and received your package.

We may need volunteers to act as exchange elves. If, for whatever reason, someone does not receive their item, we will ask an elf to send a replacement for them out of the kindness of their hearts. If you are willing to volunteer for this please notify the exchange coordinator via Private Message.

Please take note of the budget set by the exchange coordinator.

If sending overseas please ship via Air Mail.

Signing up for an exchange and then failing to post to your recipient will result in a 12 month suspension from future exchanges.

Wendy
23-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Oh no, not the "C" word, I was hoping to avoid that this year :wink:

:overhere: Me please, I'll send you my details :D

Thank you for arranging this.

Britchick
23-10-2013, 04:18 PM
count me in!!

Johnie
23-10-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm in :-)

Dawn
24-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Me too.

Vikki
24-10-2013, 07:45 AM
I'm in :-) first time for me on this board :-)

Shellyamc
24-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Me me me!! I will be in Disney when I have to send the item and I know you can have items shipped home, so can I have an item shipped to someone else?

Britchick
24-10-2013, 02:42 PM
My recipient was happy to wait for their ornament so they could have a disney ornament last year, I'm sure yours would too, would cost a fortune to send from disney :)

uscwest
24-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Donna and I have both signed up.

MystikPiglit
24-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Count me in, please. :)

Shellyamc
24-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Ok, thanks for the info!! Hopefully my person would be willing to wait a big extra for some Disney magic :D I would be able to post on the 22nd of November.

kazzaqld
24-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm in!

Deb
24-10-2013, 08:45 PM
I am sure that will be fine Shellyamc!! :D

Thanks everyone who signed up so far!!

Badlydrawnkel
24-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Go on then :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BUTTERHEAD1
25-10-2013, 01:53 AM
I think I signed up...Deb let me know If you got my message....thanks

Deb
25-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Great! Lots of people have signed up already! I have replied to all of you who have PMed me with details so far :)

lisaw
25-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Me please!! I will message you now :)

Tink
26-10-2013, 12:27 AM
I'm going to join this year, too. It will be an odd year for us, but this will be a pleasant and cheerful thing to do! Thank you so very much for coordinating this for us, Debs!!!

Watchinherskip
28-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes, I would like to participate. It is a nice way to start thinking about the season. We have such nice ornaments that have been added over the years. So please yes!

Deb
01-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Great to have so many on board! The closing date for sign-ups is tomorrow evening so if anyone else would like to join in please let me know :)

Sam
01-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks to our lovely Wendy I've given myself a big kick up the mum. Sign me up for the ornament exchange. Xxx

Deb
01-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Our Wendy is the world's best for that Sam. She did it for me too last week in the kindest possible way :)

Sam
01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Ha ha just noticed that I put mum not bum. That'll teach me not to check what I write. Of course she may have kicked my mum as well. Lol x

Beccaberry
01-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm game!

And Deb, you do have a flair for writing :)

Tink
02-11-2013, 01:46 AM
Siobhan would like to join, too Debs. She'll get her into to you when she gets home. :yes:

robertcraig
02-11-2013, 02:18 AM
Yes I would like to join

Wendy
02-11-2013, 09:04 AM
If you have an odd number then you can add Chris if you want to :lol:

lozzy
02-11-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm in,PM sent

robertcraig
02-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Well here we are at that time of year where we can officially use the Christmas smilies with festive abandon! So for those of you who have been trying to avoid THAT word, resist no longer!! It’s Christmas!! (Well, nearly).

:rudolph::santa2::santa10::xmaslites2::xmaslites:: xmastree4::xmascheer:

I am happy to announce that I am now taking names of those who wish to be part of our World Famous Annual Secrets Christmas Ornament Exchange , or the WFASCOE. Catchy, huh? :anxious: (There may well need to be an apostrophe after Secrets, but I wanted to give Dawn something to scrutinise ;) )

For anyone who may be new to this, it is basically a Secret Santa (Secrets Santa…geddit??!! :biggrin: ) for Christmas decorations. When sign-ups are complete, I will secretly send each of you the name and address of another randomly selected participant, and then you send a lovely Christmas Ornament to them. In return you will receive an ornament from someone else on the list. I know that over the years I have received a variety of beautiful decorations from members (we all have marvellous taste here of course!), and it is lovely to see them each year when I decorate the tree.

So, if you would like to sign up for this year’s exchange please PM me, by the 2nd November, with the following information:

*Your Name

*Your Forum Username

*Your Address

*Whether or not you are willing to send overseas

*Whether your Christmas tree has a particular theme that you would like the sender to try to take into account.

*Whether you have been naughty or nice this year. You can always keep that piece of information private between you and our friend Santa :checklist: but we would love to know ;)

Please note that the guideline budget for ornaments is 15 US Dollars.

The last day for posting your ornaments will be 16th November. This should give enough time for our various international postal systems to get them to us in time for trimming our trees :decoratetree:

Below are the official guidelines for the exchange. Please make sure you are aware of them before signing up. Thank you, and let’s make it a wonderful exchange in the grand Secrets' tradition!

:xmasbanner:

General Exchange Guidelines

Disney Secrets cannot be held responsible for the non-receipt of any exchange item - you enter into the exchange at your own risk.

Only registered members may join an exchange. Please don't try to sign up your relatives, children, dog, donkey, goat, heelan coo or anything similar as these will be politely declined.

By signing up you agree to your address details being passed to another forum member.

By signing up you agree not to pass any address or other personal details on to anyone, forum member or otherwise.

Each exchange is for a specific item. Please expect only to receive that specific item. Extras in a package are entirely at the sender's discretion and no one should feel obliged to send anything other than what we are currently exchanging.

Please obtain proof of posting where possible.

Please advise on the appropriate thread when you have sent and received your package.

We may need volunteers to act as exchange elves. If, for whatever reason, someone does not receive their item, we will ask an elf to send a replacement for them out of the kindness of their hearts. If you are willing to volunteer for this please notify the exchange coordinator via Private Message.

Please take note of the budget set by the exchange coordinator.

If sending overseas please ship via Air Mail.

Signing up for an exchange and then failing to post to your recipient will result in a 12 month suspension from future exchanges.

Deb
03-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Well, thanks to everyone who has signed up for this! I shall collate all of the names and send a PM to each of you by tomorrow with the details of the person you will be sending to. If there is anyone who wants to put their name down at the last minute please PM me and I shall find a way to include you :)

Vikki
03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Fantastic! I have to specially order the one I'm sending so am looking forward to seeing who it's going to :-)

Deafjeff
06-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Oh no we have missed this year :((( That'll teach us for not coming here regular!

Deb
06-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Jeff, if you want to I can squeeze you in...I have a plan :) Let me know xxx

Deafjeff
06-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Oh yes please! Squeeze me and Stephen in pretty please? :-)

Deb
06-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Of course!!! You mean you and Stephen as a couple, or you and Stephen as two different exchangers? :)

Deafjeff
06-11-2013, 08:46 AM
As a couple so whoever get ours will get double!

Deb
06-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Ha! Someone is going to be spoiled and I know who it is :)

Wendy
06-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Ha! Someone is going to be spoiled and I know who it is :)

How do you know, do you have inside knowledge or something :wink: :lol:

Deb
06-11-2013, 10:56 AM
How do you know, do you have inside knowledge or something :wink: :lol:

Maybe :wink:

arkvilla
06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Don't know how I missed this but I'd like to do it again Deb if it's not too late?

Last year I posted to Trish and don't know if she got to see the ornaments :cry1:

Sandra

Deb
06-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Oh, I remember Sandra. We didn't hear from her did we :(

It's not too late Sandra. I can slot you in so please PM me your details xxx

Dawn
06-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Get Jeff and Steven to send to each other. :rotfl:

Deafjeff
06-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Get Jeff and Steven to send to each other. :rotfl:

The very thought!