PDA

View Full Version : When do you put your christmas decorations up?

buzzchamp
16-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Has anyone started putting up their decorations yet :D or still too early?

Deafjeff
16-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Stephen believe that Christmas decorations should be up 1st of December and every year I always hope that he will change his mind hehe

uscwest
16-11-2013, 01:33 PM
We've got both of our trees up, though not yet decorated, although one is partially decorated. We are leaving for WDW the day after Thanksgiving which is our traditional put up the tree weekend. We wanted time to enjoy it.

Wendy
16-11-2013, 01:35 PM
We put ours up the first weekend in December :)

*Bambi-Belle*
16-11-2013, 02:36 PM
We always put ours up the 6th of December as my youngest sons Birthday is on the 7th, so it's a family tradition no that he comes down on his Birthday morning to the Christmas tree.

Britchick
16-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Depends really, we'll be celebrating thanksgiving on the 30th this year so the day after as Daniel will be home for the weekend

Slowhand
16-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Seeing as we will be flying out to Orlando on Christmas Day this year, and also as we will not return home until after the 12th night, this will be the first year that we probably won`t be putting up any decorations at all at our house.
[Why are folks calling me Ebanezer? ;)] Bah humbug !!!!

Lisa1976
16-11-2013, 02:58 PM
I reeeaaallyyy want to put ours up, but Simon keeps telling me no :(

Hoping to resumed him next weekend, lol

Tink
16-11-2013, 03:49 PM
We don't have a set time. When I was a child, our Christmas tree went up on Christmas Eve. Now, we put it up when we get the energy. :)

Sometimes we aim for Thanksgiving weekend, but it doesn't always happen then.

Johnie
16-11-2013, 04:13 PM
We usually put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving. But we won't be here this year as we will be at WDW.

I'm seriously considering putting it up now. Or maybe next weekend. If I wait till we get back it is too rushed and crazy.

Dawn
16-11-2013, 04:58 PM
December 1st. Always. A long family tradition on my dad's side so we keep it going.

But...Adrian got the decorations out of the loft/attic today. No idea what he's up to.

Kate
16-11-2013, 09:05 PM
First weekend in December for us, although round about now I really want to put it up! My friends sister put theirs up last week!

Tony G
16-11-2013, 10:00 PM
As soon as my management company realise that charging $50 an hour to put them up is too steep?!

robertcraig
16-11-2013, 10:41 PM
One week before christmas

MystikPiglit
17-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Usually the first weekend in December, although the tree will be later as it sets off our allergies.

Watchinherskip
18-11-2013, 05:27 PM
We usually put up all the decorations for Christmas right after we take down the Thanksgiving/Fall decorations in the house and on the mantle. That is usually on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (while watching some football).

My museum has been at it over a month now. We have our changing exhibits set up with Holidays around the World and the Gingerbread Village. It isn't open to the public yet. We have a wonderful display that was donated to the museum from a local legendary business (Coleman Nursery) to operate for the season. Folks from miles around used to come to Coleman's to experience the beautiful displays and trains. Now we have it and it takes a small army to put it up. We have a music festival with bonfires on the street cornors and the whole cityscape comes alive. This Grand Illumniation takes place next week with a big parade in Norfolk. Glad I don't have to put up all the decorations at the group of musuems as I fear it would turn me off to getting my own home set up.

I wrote a program for the planetarium that incorporates the Nutcracker Suite with our winter night sky. We have our own Osborne Lights type display with snow machines, dancing lights and holiday music on the mall outside our museum.
http://www.childrensmuseumva.com/snow-wonders.html

arkvilla
18-11-2013, 06:51 PM
First weekend of December for us too.

Sandra

Kate
19-11-2013, 11:30 AM
do most people have seperate decorations for thanksgiving and christmas?

Tink
20-11-2013, 04:49 PM
I'd say yes, Kate. Thanksgiving has some autumn inspired decorations, pumpkins, leaves, corn stalks, the like. Thanksgiving can also add Turkeys and Native Americans that sort of thing. Christmas by far is the holiday with the most decorating options.

Watchinherskip
20-11-2013, 05:36 PM
I'd say yes, Kate. Thanksgiving has some autumn inspired decorations, pumpkins, leaves, corn stalks, the like. Thanksgiving can also add Turkeys and Native Americans that sort of thing. Christmas by far is the holiday with the most decorating options.

Hah...you haven't seen my wife's fall stuff! You can barely see the fireplace mantle. DW Sallyl loves to decorate just about every season but is not nuts about Christmas decorating...too much pressure! Hehe

BUTTERHEAD1
20-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Normally we buy our tree around the 10th of December and decorate it the following day....the other decorations usually go up right after Thanksgiving.. I love the Christmas season but come the 26th or 27th I take the tree down and throw it out.

Tink
20-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, Mr. 'Skip! This calls for some photographic evidence! :yes: :D

DisneyFreak
21-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Our decorations have been up for a little over a week. Our November's and December's are so busy with work and school we get them up early or they probably wouldn't make it up at all. They come down the weekend after New Years.

Beccaberry
03-01-2014, 02:36 AM
Ours go up the Friday after Thanksgiving...we do a little "shopping" (aka people watching) in the morning, have a HUGE breakfast, decorate all day, and then attend the tree lighting on The Green during the evening. :D

It's my favorite day of the year.