PDA

View Full Version : Four For A Dollar

Isafari
23-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I've heard through the grapevine that they are finished at DHS's (MGM) as from September 20th....anyone else heard this?
I hope it isn't true because we think they're great. :yes:

lisaw
23-08-2008, 05:29 PM
I have heard that as well :( Really sad as I love them and we have a couple of their CD's.

Johnie
23-08-2008, 06:00 PM
:( I hadn't heard that either

Beccaberry
23-08-2008, 06:34 PM
OOH. I hadn't heard this...I would be sooooooooooooo sad to see them go...

Taja
23-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Read about it on another site--and somewhere else, I think.

Never have seen or heard them. They're supposed to open for B&B at DHS, but I'm usually there 20 or 30 minutes before the curtain and--nada! Perhaps I'm just there on the wrong days/times?

Beccaberry
23-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm gutted. Really gutted right now. Probably more so than when I found out the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon was closing. I did a bit of research to see if I could find anything official about them leaving...their website directed me to their official myspace page (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=22224651), and sure enough there it is...

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o368/beccaberry73/fairwellbanner.jpg

Also, this post from Marshall, "Just so you all know, Four For a Dollar ceases to exist after Sep 20, the company's decision. Come see us before it's too late. And if it matters to you, not that it will change anything, post any frustration you may feel regarding this here, on our website, and Disney's site."

Sounds like there may be some ill will between the group and Disney.

I love these guys...not just as performers, but as men. I contacted them prior to our first "solo" trip to Disney World (after the divorce) and asked them if they would consider surprising Baleigh for her birthday. Not only did they agree, but after reading my email, each one of them replied to me with the sweetest emails of encouragement that I have saved to this day. They are truly incredible, and they made Baleigh's day so very sweet.

They will be missed.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o368/beccaberry73/Baleigh441.jpg

Johnie
24-08-2008, 12:28 AM
oh that is too sad. I just love them. Disney is really upsetting me by letting all of the good, unique performers get away (remember the living statues?)

Beccaberry
24-08-2008, 12:55 AM
I do...and it's very sad...I keep trying to remind myself that change is inevitable...but it still makes me sad...and apparently I'm not the only one...some of the comments on their site are very poignant.

Tink
24-08-2008, 10:21 AM
The Living Statues, The funny little troupe that used to visit the boardwalk, Bella Nova at Italy, the little Japanese man who used to do "magic" the Junkanoo bus and entertainers, the Krystos, the piper in the UK, Gordoon in France, the mime that used to be in a huge clear plastic sphere in France... so many excellent entertainers/acts that were let go from WDW and replaced with what? :unsure:

Change is good. I personally thrive on change. However, I've never respected change simply for the sake of removing something that "works" and not replacing it, or replacing it with something substandard. :shrug:

dvcjane
24-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Im really sad about this :(

keith
26-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Also known as return to zero I believe
http://www.singers.com/contemp/returntozero.html

Jazmine
26-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Awwww:(
Jacqui xxx

Ursula
26-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Flaming cutbacks :(

Tinker
27-08-2008, 05:10 AM
I heard this previously and I don't have to tell you how sad I am . They sang to Pat & Kim when they got engaged . And just this past May I was surprised by the CM, he saw my bday button and I was picked to go up . I'm going to make sure I see them more than once this trip . They will sadly be missed . I will sign the petition . This really stinks . Whats Next ! Beauty and The Beast !!! I would cry ... this is sickning enough .