PDA

View Full Version : Please?

Esmeralda
30-12-2013, 02:53 PM
I have a friend in the US who has fallen on hard times due to the economy... I want to send them a delivery of groceries from the USA, do WalMarts or Publix do home deliveries does anyone know please? Thanks.

Johnie
30-12-2013, 04:43 PM
It would depend on where they live. In my area, there is no home delivery of groceries. I can order from Walmart and get things delivered but not most food items

Tink
30-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Publix does not do home deliveries as far as I've ever known. Also, Publix isn't a national chain.

Where does your friend live? You might be better off sending a gift card for a local grocery store. You may be able to arrange that online.

Esmeralda
30-12-2013, 06:42 PM
I've tried to send a WalMart e gift voucher but it won't *take* maybe because it wanted a US zip code and phone number and that is not mine obviously. So don't know how to get around that.

I did put in their zip code and phone number but it just comes up as error.

Esmeralda
30-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Publix does not do home deliveries as far as I've ever known. Also, Publix isn't a national chain.

Where does your friend live? You might be better off sending a gift card for a local grocery store. You may be able to arrange that online.

Ann Arbor Mich.

Wendy
30-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I've sent a Target voucher to someone before, I just went online, ordered it and had it delivered to them.

Esmeralda
30-12-2013, 07:50 PM
I really don't want to do this but may have to :( a jiffy bag and post the dollars instead. We have dollars here already so....... It was mainly food I wanted to get for them Wendy. Essentials but this may be the only way to go?

Tony G
30-12-2013, 08:32 PM
I can't be any help to you, I just wanted say it's a wonderful thought. :)

mumof2
30-12-2013, 08:45 PM
That's so generous of you Esmeralda, I hope you can get it sorted xxx

Wendy
30-12-2013, 09:25 PM
I really don't want to do this but may have to :( a jiffy bag and post the dollars instead. We have dollars here already so....... It was mainly food I wanted to get for them Wendy. Essentials but this may be the only way to go?

Target have a lovely food store as well as all the extra bits and pieces. They can use the voucher to shop for food. It was just a thought :)

Tink
31-12-2013, 03:31 AM
Not all Targets have a food section though. :sigh: Some states don't have Targets. Esme, do a search of grocery stores for Ann Arbor and then see how you could purchase a gift card for the one that is closest to your friends. That will allow them to purchase food, and you will have helped them without having to worry about finding a place for it to be delivered.

Johnie
31-12-2013, 04:19 AM
It's probably just as well you can't purchase the Walmart e-card because I don't think you can actually use it in store plus you can't really buy grocery items online. I've been able to purchase sugar, bottled water and a can of coffee but that's about it

Esmeralda
31-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks for all the help... going to try and do what Tink has said to try. Wanted it to be anonymous. If I can't get the voucher then I will mail it to family in US so they can forward it on, that way they won't see a post mark from UK and know it's me. Sheeeesh who knew it could be so hard to do this?

Here you can pay for groceries and get them delivered when you like, apparently WalMarts are going to do this in California as a trial to see how it goes before maybe rolling it out to other states.

Johnie
01-01-2014, 02:17 AM
I know you can do it in the UK. I see all of the posts on Facebook and am so jealous!

If you need any help on the US end, I'll be glad to help

Esmeralda
01-01-2014, 03:12 PM
Thank you Johnnie, you are such a sweetheart X