PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Bar/Lounge on Property?

Beccaberry
17-01-2014, 02:05 AM

What's your favorite bar/lounge on property? To be fair, we haven't found one we don't enjoy, but we have found some we really enjoy...

I've always enjoyed the bars poolside at the All Star resorts...unpretentious, friendly service, and a damn fine margarita! This year, we also discovered Hurricane Hanna's (poolside at the Beach Club) and Martha's Vineyard just inside at Beach Club. Martha's was GLORIOUSLY quiet and uncrowded...the perfect place to relax and have a drink. We also enjoyed a martini before dinner at the Crew's Cup Lounge in the Yacht Club. Although we wandered past several times (and I took numerous photos!), we never made it over to Leaping Horse Libations for a drink...perhaps this year!

Johnie
17-01-2014, 06:43 AM
I have a fondness for the pool bar at Pop, the tequila cave, the pub at Rose and Crown and the Tune In Lounge

MystikPiglit
17-01-2014, 09:08 AM
The Dawa bar in Animal Kingdom is our favourite. :D
We used to love sitting at Capt Jack's Margarita Shack, but I think that is no longer there?

robertcraig
17-01-2014, 10:56 AM
We useThd to love sitting at Capt Jack's Margarita Shack, but I think that is no longer there?

We used to love sitting at Capt Jack's Margarita Shack, but I think that is no longer there?
The margarita shack was still there last year

robertcraig
17-01-2014, 11:04 AM
The ones I have been to
Hole in the wall atRaglan road
Tambu lounge Polynesian
At side of Paradiso 37
Rose and crown

uscwest
17-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Victoria Falls @ ALL
Tune-in-Lounge
Margarita Bar DTD
in that order

Slowhand
17-01-2014, 02:33 PM
We enjoy the Crew Cup at the YC where we take a pre dinner drink before having dinner at the YSH.
The same applies to Mitzners Lounge at the GF prior to dining at Citricos.

Watchinherskip
17-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Like Becca, they are all pretty good.

Victoria Falls was a great place to spend a bit of time on our last visit. I wrote of how relaxing it was getting a drink to sit by the huge fireplace in big comfy chairs and just chill with DW, brother and SIL.

We like to pop into the Rose and Crown for a pint.

Also the poolside bar at PORFQ was fantastic and we really had a blast hanging by the pool relaxing.

Beccaberry
17-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Victoria Falls was a great place to spend a bit of time on our last visit. I wrote of how relaxing it was getting a drink to sit by the huge fireplace in big comfy chairs and just chill with DW, brother and SIL.

We like to pop into the Rose and Crown for a pint.

Victoria Falls? Is that AK or WL? Because clearly it sounds as though I need to pay a visit...

I used to love Rose & Crown...still do really...but over the past few years it just seems to have become SO much busier...you used to be able to find quiet times to pop in, but they, like most locations in the "World," are becoming fewer and farther between.

Watchinherskip
17-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Victoria Falls? Is that AK or WL? Because clearly it sounds as though I need to pay a visit...

I used to love Rose & Crown...still do really...but over the past few years it just seems to have become SO much busier...you used to be able to find quiet times to pop in, but they, like most locations in the "World," are becoming fewer and farther between.
yeah I hear that! I kind of liked the old days when it wasn't quite so popular. At least at the times we used to frequent it.

The bar is at AKL. That is a BEAUTIFUL place! It was so very very nice to sit around that fireplace with our feet up on the stonework. It seemed like we had the place all to ourselves. At least by the fireplace. That spot is a total treat.

Beccaberry
17-01-2014, 06:58 PM
yeah I hear that! I kind of liked the old days when it wasn't quite so popular. At least at the times we used to frequent it.

The bar is at AKL. That is a BEAUTIFUL place! It was so very very nice to sit around that fireplace with our feet up on the stonework. It seemed like we had the place all to ourselves. At least by the fireplace. That spot is a total treat.

It's on the list!

Watchinherskip
17-01-2014, 07:34 PM
It's on the list!
Not sure if all the lounges have the same drink menu, but the drink menu at VFL is great. Have to try one of these next time:

Habañero Lime Margarita Patrón Silver Tequila, Habañero Lime, and House-made Sweet-and-Sour

Beccaberry
17-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Not sure if all the lounges have the same drink menu, but the drink menu at VFL is great. Have to try one of these next time:

Habañero Lime Margarita Patrón Silver Tequila, Habañero Lime, and House-made Sweet-and-Sour

Oh dear...that sounds delightful!

uscwest
17-01-2014, 08:11 PM
I tried one of those habanero lime margaritas at CSR. As far as I'm concerned they can keep it.

Watchinherskip
17-01-2014, 08:38 PM
I will keep that in mind...the drink menu looked really good at VF. Have to try some of the cocktails/speciality drinks in future trips.

piglet
18-01-2014, 11:15 AM
I think it's called Martha's Vineyard at BC. It's a lovely chilled out bar.

wdwgrandma
19-01-2014, 04:43 PM
We enjoy the Crew Cup at the YC where we take a pre dinner drink before having dinner at the YSH.
The same applies to Mitzners Lounge at the GF prior to dining at Citricos.
We also enjoy those particular lounges. It is just so hard to pick a few favorites! To be honest, I love the poolside bar at All Star Sports. Why? I have NO idea I just love it! And we enjoy the Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge.

Tink
19-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Our favorite bar is Top of the World at BLT because our dear friend is the bartender there! :D

We also like Outer Rim for the excellent margaritas on the rocks. :yes:

Really like Martha's Vineyard, too for a lovely relaxing place, as well as the Crew's Cup Lounge. :yes: :D

Gurgling Suitcase wins an honorable mention as we always kick off our OKW holidays there.

We now prefer places to have quiet, excellently prepared drinks where we can hear ourselves talk. I think they call that aging. :D

piglet
20-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Our favorite bar is Top of the World at BLT because our dear friend is the bartender there! :D

We also like Outer Rim for the excellent margaritas on the rocks. :yes:

Really like Martha's Vineyard, too for a lovely relaxing place, as well as the Crew's Cup Lounge. :yes: :D

Gurgling Suitcase wins an honorable mention as we always kick off our OKW holidays there.

We now prefer places to have quiet, excellently prepared drinks where we can hear ourselves talk. I think they call that aging. :D

Oh I'm so with you on that last sentence Tink