PDA

View Full Version : Which villa area?

Britchick
17-01-2014, 08:23 PM
I would want to be as close to WDW as possible, which is the closest. We used to stay on Indian ridge (I think) but some of those villas are quite old now so would like a newer resort really.
Any suggestions?

Tony G
17-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Anything down Formosa Gardens Boulevard is really close. There's a 'back route' to Disney from them, using Funie Steed Road.

Indian Creek is there, which holds a special place in my heart.

Wendy
17-01-2014, 10:05 PM
I agree with Tony, Formosa Gardens is very close especially to Animal Kingdom. You use Sherberth Road to get to the parks and DTD.

Formosa is a lovely estate and it is a gated community, we have stayed there once, the houses are older and they have huge plots some that look onto the lake. We stayed at one that overlooked the lake and it had the sun from about 10am through to sunset. All that to say that if you want to be close, then Formosa is definitely your best bet.

robertcraig
17-01-2014, 10:14 PM
I have stayed at Cumbrian lakes on the Ponciana boulevard and davenport lakes on the 27 and as long as you have a car it doesn't, matter

keith
17-01-2014, 11:15 PM
I have stayed at Cumbrian lakes on the Ponciana boulevard and davenport lakes on the 27 and as long as you have a car it doesn't, matter

to be honest, that's our feeling! When we first looked at Villa stays we thought oh we MUST be as close as possible but with a car it really doesn't matter and tbh I rather like the ride to and from with publix on the way and so on.

Dawn
18-01-2014, 06:40 AM
We stay at The Reserve off Old Lake Wilson Road. It's a small community so it's lovely and quiet. About 10 minutes to AK and a bit longer to the other parks.

keith
18-01-2014, 05:03 PM
We stay at The Reserve off Old Lake Wilson Road. It's a small community so it's lovely and quiet. About 10 minutes to AK and a bit longer to the other parks.

we stay not far from there at all and find it truly perfect. Not too busy a drive to Disney, useful shops around and nice and quiet after a day out

Britchick
18-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Off old lake wilson was where we used to stay, must have a look and see whether that is nearer or further away, I know we'll have a car but I would like to be as near as humanely possible as I like to come back during the day

keith
18-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Off old lake wilson was where we used to stay, must have a look and see whether that is nearer or further away, I know we'll have a car but I would like to be as near as humanely possible as I like to come back during the day

yeah we come back during the day all the time and yah know, 15mins v 20 ;-) not the end of the world

Wendy
18-01-2014, 05:28 PM
There is a newish resort off Lake Wilson, I think it is called Windsor Hills and that is probably the closest resort to Disney. Would I stay there, nope. We went in to have a look round just after it opened it is like a rabbit warren, there are so many houses packed in I just didn't like it at all.

The others I can think of are Westgate, Mystic Dunes and Indian Ridge.

We personally stay further out and really like the area.

Britchick
18-01-2014, 05:46 PM
as long as it's 15/20 mins i've heard some stories of it being 30-40 mins until being on disney property. That would put me off big time

Wendy
18-01-2014, 05:52 PM
Those resorts are probably along the 27, there are lots of places out there.

Britchick
18-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Those resorts are probably along the 27, there are lots of places out there.

now i'm going to need to google street view :lol:

Tony G
18-01-2014, 06:14 PM
There is a newish resort off Lake Wilson, I think it is called Windsor Hills and that is probably the closest resort to Disney. Would I stay there, nope. We went in to have a look round just after it opened it is like a rabbit warren, there are so many houses packed in I just didn't like it at all.

The others I can think of are Westgate, Mystic Dunes and Indian Ridge.

We personally stay further out and really like the area.

I agree. The makers of Windsor Hills were the same as those who built Windsor Palms (which is off Formosa Gardens Boulevard). I was seriously considering a place in Windsor Hills but it does feel cramped and a little contrived (big news in Florida, right?!).

That's part of the reason I prefer Indian Creek - the higher-end plots are really well-sized and you get a sense of privacy. Also, I prefer the design of these houses - more 'pointed arches' and less 'flat roof'!

I should point out that I have a financial interest in Indian Creek, so feel free to take my feelings with a pinch of salt... Or a spoonful of sugar seeing as this is a Disney forum!

arkvilla
19-01-2014, 02:08 PM
The 27 has the newer communities Julie, also you have easy access to both the I4 and the 192

Britchick
12-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations for specific villas please, Disney area only as we won't be doing the other parks, needs to be at least 4 bedrooms, wifi and preferably a lounge and a den :) thank you

Dawn
12-02-2014, 04:53 PM
I have stayed here http://www.disneypalmsvilla.com/HOME.html and would go back here in a heartbeat. It was already booked for our dates last year so we stayed here in stead http://amickeyadventure.com/index.html - same villa complex just a bit further down the road. Either one is a fantastic place to stay but given the choice I would choose the first one again but it just felt more like a home. And the kitchen had two corkscrews!

Britchick
12-02-2014, 05:28 PM
thank you Dawn, will have a look

Britchick
12-02-2014, 05:50 PM
that looks amazing and it has our dates free :)

keith
12-02-2014, 06:30 PM

We stay pretty close to there and all I can say is we absolutely love it. Convenient for everywhere but far enough to catch a breath from the madness :)

Esmeralda
12-02-2014, 11:18 PM
I don't care where I stay... s'long as I'm in Florida I'm very happy. But if any one wants a whip round for me to stay at Gaylord Palms feel free :D

Dawn
13-02-2014, 07:26 AM

Book it now! Tell Tracy I sent you. She is brilliant and will do anything to help make your stay amazing.

Britchick
13-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Book it now! Tell Tracy I sent you. She is brilliant and will do anything to help make your stay amazing.

i can't book right now as potentially going with family- we need to see what Thomson's fly drive versus packages are priced at before we make a decision. I would prefer not to book the villa through Thomson but if it makes financial sense I will. The family member gets an allowance towards her holiday so understandably she wants to use it towards this holiday. If we just book flights with them I'll book this villa with them if its still available. Not too keen going on the dreamliner with all the problems it's had but the 34" legroom is appealing...

arkvilla
13-02-2014, 09:30 PM
The message I sent you on FB was well it was Tracey's one I was going to recommend :-) Tracy is really lovely

keith
13-02-2014, 09:41 PM
i can't book right now as potentially going with family- we need to see what Thomson's fly drive versus packages are priced at before we make a decision. I would prefer not to book the villa through Thomson but if it makes financial sense I will.

yep makes sense

. Not too keen going on the dreamliner with all the problems it's had but the 34" legroom is appealing...

I suspect the problems are over blown really :/ they wouldn't be allowed to fly if there was still a real known issue.

I still kinda trust boeing more than airbus. Perhaps an unreasonable bias but still

Britchick
13-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Yeah I know and Jon says the same :lol: