PDA

View Full Version : Car hire

robertcraig
02-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Do you hire a car or use Disney transport

Oreo
02-02-2014, 10:53 PM
All previous trips someone in the family has always hired a car.

This year we shall be at the mercy of the Disney transportation and cabs to universal.

Ask me again in October if it was the right decision lol

robertcraig
02-02-2014, 11:05 PM
All previous trips someone in the family has always hired a car.

This year we shall be at the mercy of the Disney transportation and cabs to universal.

Ask me again in October if it was the right decision lol
Will be interested to hear your experiance

keith
02-02-2014, 11:06 PM
we did Disney transport+cabs for many years until people on here convinced me to try a car. It coincided with us staying at a villa and although I thought we'd be ok with cabs, there really was just no way.

Onsite though, we could absolutely manage with no trouble at all! The only issue is cost, cabs in Orlando aren't cheap.

We did get into the habit of finding one early on and asking them if they wanted a deal for the next two weeks if we promised to call them every time. Most drivers said yeah and gave us a decent deal

robertcraig
02-02-2014, 11:09 PM
I need acar this year as. I am going to st Augustine for 5 days before I go to the Hilton at Dowmtown Disney

Isafari
03-02-2014, 06:26 AM
Always hire a car as we go to other parks/activities too and usually travel to Tampa three times. We also sometimes do road trips.

Dawn
03-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Car all the way, even when staying on site. With a small child sometimes you need to get going NOW!

piglet
03-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Only ever used a car once when we were staying off-site. Wouldn't do it again, much prefer the Disney transport and staying in a Disney hotel

Slowhand
03-02-2014, 03:25 PM
It`s a car for us every time we visit, whether or not we stay at our villa [where a car is almost essential], or even when we stay on site.
I find the Disney transportation system is reasonably effective, unless you want to travel from one resort to another like say from the GF to the YC for dinner. Journeys of this nature invariably result in you having to take 2 busses, or a bus/monorail etc. which can add quite a lot of time and hassle onto your journey times to and from your destination.

Tony G
03-02-2014, 06:01 PM
When I first visited, I didn't hire a car. I lasted three days before making an online reservation and picking one up.

Now, it's one of the things I like most about visiting Florida, it's so nice to be driving in a place where everyone's so laid back.

Wendy
03-02-2014, 10:02 PM
We hire a car every time, we always stay off site and we go on road trips.

I don't think we could ever be without one.