PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Confetti

Beccaberry
13-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Expecting another foot of snow today...

Thought I'd share a "before" photo - a couple of shots I took yesterday...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/13/ezyqy4ub.jpg

Watchinherskip
13-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Beautiful! We had our snow show last night. It clung to everything and then the rain melted everything. No shoveling for me this time!

Beccaberry
13-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Beautiful! We had our snow show last night. It clung to everything and then the rain melted everything. No shoveling for me this time!

Woohoo! You got the beauty without the work! Score!

This is how we do snow days in our house...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/13/bupemupe.jpg

uscwest
13-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Getting clobbered here. Unfortunately i am working from home.

Beccaberry
13-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Getting clobbered here. Unfortunately i am working from home.

Why is that unfortunate, John?

It's coming down hard and fast now...we're getting about 2"/hour right now...

uscwest
13-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Can't get out to shovel because I'm working.

Beccaberry
13-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Can't get out to shovel because I'm working.

True, but at least you don't have to drive in it :)

Tony G
13-02-2014, 05:48 PM
Snow looks wonderful.

...When I'm warm and cosy and it's on a computer screen.

uscwest
14-02-2014, 02:41 AM
I have a snow blower that I bought 2 or 3 years ago. Finally got it out and running today but one of the wheels doesn't want to roll. Too cold to try and figure out the problem So only part of my driveway got done

Johnie
14-02-2014, 02:58 AM
Well I am working from home again tomorrow. I can't have the clients (injured workers) going out in this mess.

Britchick
14-02-2014, 07:14 PM
beautiful photos Becca,

it hasn't been snowing here but it's been torrential sideways rain, really windy and cold. I've been out on community visits all day and I just feel soggy and cold!

Beccaberry
15-02-2014, 04:20 AM
beautiful photos Becca,

it hasn't been snowing here but it's been torrential sideways rain, really windy and cold. I've been out on community visits all day and I just feel soggy and cold!

Ugh. Hate that kind of cold. It's so hard to shake off.

We currently have about 22 inches on the ground, they're calling for another 3-5" tomorrow. The real problem right now is that none of the old snow is melting before the new stuff falls - so when we shovel, there's no place to put it! We currently have a pile about 12 feet tall in our front yard that just won't go away! Of course, when it does melt...

Johnie
15-02-2014, 05:02 AM
That is craziness! I'm no scientist or engineer but you would think there would be a way to take the excess snow and salvage it for crops or recycling or something

Beccaberry
15-02-2014, 05:14 AM
I agree! Looks as though they may be forced to dump it in Long Island Sound again (a process they restricted heavily about a decade ago). And now we're hearing we may have a salt shortage...oh my...

Tink
16-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Becca, that is exactly the situation that drove us from NY. We were walking shovels filled with snow, across the street and uphill to a vacant lot to shovel our driveway, path to the apartment, and sidewalk in front of the apartment (all required by city ordinance). That, plus the fact that we wiped out on black ice on a BRIDGE, and we decided we'd enough fun in the snow.

I never miss it, with the sole exception of a fat flake fall on Christmas eve… other than that, I can deal. If I'm too homesick for snow, I can look it up on youtube. :)

Beautiful? Yes. Treacherous? More so.