PDA

View Full Version : anyone else got nasty neighbours?

dvcjane
30-08-2008, 12:53 PM
My neighbours are driving me mad

she seems to spend her life watching us through her curtains, we get a new car and she comes out to check it over when she thinks were not looking :rolleyes008:

everything we do on the house she has to copy

now shes claiming that the moles in her garden are coming from our side :shocked025: she has people coming in and out at all hours of the day and night, loud tv, music I could scream

Dawn
30-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Our neighbours are environmental health hazards. It looks like the local rubbish tip in their back garden and inside their house it's the same. Only went in there once - immediately picked Steven up and ordered him not to touch anything. They never throw any things like furniture away - they pile it up in the garden and periodically set fire to it without any regard to those living around them.

Isafari
30-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm not even going there.....a thing of the past for us hopefully

ukwdwnut
30-08-2008, 01:14 PM
ours are pretty good we dont see much of them

well all i can say is if she copies what you have take it as a compliment on your taste

if she watches you thru the curtains wave to her, that might stop her :lol:

if she looks at your car, what harm does it do?

with the moles tell her well what can i do about it, give them a map where not to go :lol:

but i would have a word about the loud music tho and noise late at night, but sadly you cant tell her who to and who not to have coming in and out of ter house, it is her house after all

mumof2
30-08-2008, 01:26 PM
i count my lucky stars really as my neighbours are not bad at all

i have pet made neighbours on one side whose dog barks very early in the morning, whenever they go out together, whenever anyone knocks on the door.....but i think us and the boys make enough 'family' noise to match that!

the other side of us we have an 'older' age couple who i believe have always been old before their time - they can be plain miserable and selfish sometimes and moan at the boys for really stupid petty things......

Shellyamc
30-08-2008, 01:41 PM
I totally feel for you :hug1:

We HAD those people :p015: Always in our business and would always come out and sit on the porch when we were out and watch us..it stunk! But now we have really nice neighbors! Hooray! They stay out of our business, but come over to chat and help out when they can, it is really super nice. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be happy in your thread, but we spent 7 years knowing just how you feel :p015:

Dawn
30-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm waiting for Keith to come and tell how he once caught his neighbour measuring the length of his grass. :laugh:

keith
30-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm waiting for Keith to come and tell how he once caught his neighbour measuring the length of his grass. :laugh:

SHE DID! I kid you not she really was there measuring the length of individual blades of grass :rolleyes008:

I went out once because she was up a ladder against the side fence with a ruler and a video camera in either hand. I said erm? can I help you? She said this is evidence! I said whats evidence? She said "Im videoing how far over the leaves from your plant come into my garden when its windy". And sure enough, she was videoing it, measuring the "intrusion" everytime there was a gust of wind and had her poor husband there with a pad noting down everytime she was calling out "3cm on june 1st 2002" etc :lol:

We had a guy come to put up a satellite dish, she came round the back of our property shouted up to him "whats that for? have they had permission?" then she started wobbling the ladder shouting "Im talking to you DONT IGNORE ME"

Absolute psychopath

Isafari
30-08-2008, 01:58 PM

:lol:..........really?!!!!!!!!!

mumof2
30-08-2008, 02:10 PM
SHE DID! I kid you not she really was there measuring the length of individual blades of grass :rolleyes008:

I went out once because she was up a ladder against the side fence with a ruler and a video camera in either hand. I said erm? can I help you? She said this is evidence! I said whats evidence? She said "Im videoing how far over the leaves from your plant come into my garden when its windy". And sure enough, she was videoing it, measuring the "intrusion" everytime there was a gust of wind and had her poor husband there with a pad noting down everytime she was calling out "3cm on june 1st 2002" etc :lol:

We had a guy come to put up a satellite dish, she came round the back of our property shouted up to him "whats that for? have they had permission?" then she started wobbling the ladder shouting "Im talking to you DONT IGNORE ME"

Absolute psychopath

:lol: OMG! she sounds very scary!! :shocked025:

Isafari
30-08-2008, 02:14 PM
My neighbour used to steal my clothes from the washing line.....had to take it down in the end and just use a dryer. She was also a lady of the night.
Also....and this actually made us laugh! She took a snowman that DH made in the front garden and put it in her back garden!

keith
30-08-2008, 02:19 PM
My neighbour used to steal my clothes from the washing line.....had to take it down in the end and just use a dryer. She was also a lady of the night.
Also....and this actually made us laugh! She took a snowman that DH made in the front garden and put it in her back garden!

:rofl:

I suppose at least ours didnt steal, just copied.

I came back once from b&q with a new outside light, she stopped in the drive and said whats that? I said, it's a new light, sorry I guess I should have bought one for your house to save time. Anyway, aisle 5 b&q, 24.99! She scowled and walked away :lol:

ukwdwnut
30-08-2008, 02:40 PM

Absolute psychopath

i would have cut the grass lobbed it into her garden as told "here save you leaning over the fence to measure it" :lol:....omg what a crackpot she sounds like

:laugh: next time bury a note in a plastic bag for her to read when it melts :laugh:

:rofl:

I suppose at least ours didnt steal, just copied.

I came back once from b&q with a new outside light, she stopped in the drive and said whats that? I said, it's a new light, sorry I guess I should have bought one for your house to save time. Anyway, aisle 5 b&q, 24.99! She scowled and walked away :lol:

christ im glad i dont live next to her :lol:

Dawn
30-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Our neighbours on the other side are a nice couple who we get on well with. Every now and then though they have a blazing row or the man goes off on a rant about something and it always happens on a hot day when all the doors and windows are open so we get to listen to every word. We've yet to let on that we know all their secrets. :laugh:

Grammiepo
30-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Sorry ,but I have great people, Dan& Jean let me cut their flowers, for church and Cody plows my yard in the winter. Fred trims the bushs between him and me. I just love them all and I think they like me too. We should feel sorry for those people who have nothing better to do, than brother their neighbours. They must be very unhappy people indeed.

Ursula
30-08-2008, 05:09 PM
OMG Keith... what's happened to her now? Did you move? Mad as a blinking hatter!
Mine have all moved out except the ones right next to us on one side. But he'll be going sooner rather than later.... cos he smokes and drinks like a fish and I can hear his coughing each day and it's not a good cough.... ho hum... I can bide my time....

Taja
30-08-2008, 06:27 PM
I don't think I could survive your neighbor, Keith! Hopefully, former neighbor! :lol:

I always tell my neighbors that if anything growing on my property encroaches on their property, feel free to cut it back--and I will do the same with theirs. I also warn them that I am not a gardener and when I trim/prune plants may not be the optimal time in the plants' growth cycle! :evil:

Don't really know most of my neighbors, just have a speaking acquaintance with them. We do try to help one another if someone is ill or injured--I tend to do a bit of weeding for the neighbors across the street when their son is out of town for a while, take their trash dumpster to the street, etc.

We did have one nosey biddy who constantly called the city about the people next door to her (the ones across the street from me), but she seems to have settle down a bit lately. My yard usually is the biggest mess (remember, I'm not a gardener), so I'm surprised she hasn't complained about me! I'm only one person and typically have early Saturday and Sunday mornings to do all things outdoors, so it can look a bit bedraggled at times. :sigh;

I'm so looking forward to being able to downsize some day! :lol:

Tink
30-08-2008, 10:40 PM
We have an empty house on one side of us. The original owners were nice enough, but sold to a couple who live in Queens. For some reason they are keeping the house empty. :confused:

The house on the other side is used as a rental and we've had some real issues with the people who've rented there. We haven't called the police (but once, when the front door had been prised open) yet. We have spoken to the owner asking him to rent to people who are more responsible and suited to the quiet neighborhood. We've asked him not to rent to smokers as they end up throwing their nasty butts on our lawn. (Found one burnt into our sill once! :eek: ). He said he wouldn't, then of course did.

Nothing at all to compare to the harrassment Keith has been through. As I remember, Helly had some really vile neighbors once too. :(

josh.p.
30-08-2008, 11:20 PM
OMG!! I would have phoned the police if she was running her do-ings from the house!

I've got quite nice neighbours- Peggy, a 91 year old is on the left, she's lovely, her garden is sunken down from ours so we can see right into our back garden and she can see right into ours, we always talk to her and she gives sonny treats through the fence. She throws bags of dandelions over for the torts and gives us nice cards for our birthdays (when its my sisters birthday she gets me a mars bar and cellotapes 2 to it, and when its my birthday she gets my sister a mars bar and cellotapes 2 to it)

On the other side, Betty, she's nice, can be narky sometimes though!

Isafari
30-08-2008, 11:22 PM
OMG!! I would have phoned the police if she was running her do-ings from the house!

I've got quite nice neighbours- Peggy, a 91 year old is on the left, she's lovely, her garden is sunken down from ours so we can see right into our back garden and she can see right into ours, we always talk to her and she gives sonny treats through the fence. She throws bags of dandelions over for the torts and gives us nice cards for our birthdays (when its my sisters birthday she gets me a mars bar and cellotapes 2 to it, and when its my birthday she gets my sister a mars bar and cellotapes 2 to it)

On the other side, Betty, she's nice, can be narky sometimes though!

The police were there quite often!

OMG....Peggy sounds like such a wonderful lady to have as a neighbour :p015:

josh.p.
30-08-2008, 11:28 PM
If you could bottle her as an instant neighbour... just add water, she'd be sold out.

She's lovely!