PDA

View Full Version : A question for US car buffs

Slowhand
31-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I`ve just booked our rental car through VA. We normally go for a "Full Size 4 door" and prefer a Dodge Charger if one is available.
On the Car Hire section on the VA site there is a "Full Size 2 door" option, and it goes on to say "Dodge Charger or equivalent". Is there such a thing as a 2 door Charger? [I`m just curious as I can`t remember ever seeing one!] :confused:

Johnie
31-08-2008, 03:19 PM
We've had a 2 door Charger before. The Mustang we rented once upon a time only had 2 doors as well.

uscwest
31-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I think there is a 2 door charger Terry but it's the "equivalent" that is the key here. You should be able to tell them at the counter that you want a 4 door.

Taja
31-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Not a car buff, but I'm thinking the key here is one class for 2-door vehicles and one class for 4-door vehicles. And the word "equivalent."

I wouldn't count on a specific make unless it is specifically contracted, such as an exotic or high performance vehicle. Most of the rental companies regularly substitute one vehicle make/model for another within the same class.

Tink
31-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Two door can denote ragtop, but not always. Two door is very heavy, and not conducive to folks in the back seat at all. Don't know if that is a factor for you?

Slowhand
31-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Two door can denote ragtop, but not always. Two door is very heavy, and not conducive to folks in the back seat at all. Don't know if that is a factor for you?
The main reason for us hiring a 4 door is that with the copious amount of luggage that we carry with us, the rear doors allow us to dump a couple of cases onto the rear seat more easily.
The main reason behind my original question was really only to find out if indeed a Dodge Charger came in a 2 door variant, or if this was an error on VA`s part.

uscwest
01-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Terry, the Dodge website DOES NOT show a two door Charger.