PDA

View Full Version : Monday blegh thread

Dawn
01-09-2008, 08:40 AM
Everyone say bluuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Just been to school to get logo'd uniform. Another 60 gone there. Looks very smart though. Now sewing name labels in.

Worked the weekend. Couple of colleagues pretty sick but hopefully will be ok. Had a couple of funny calls though which restored my faith in human stupidity. :lol:

Backyardigans is on the tv now. :207:

lisaw
01-09-2008, 09:06 AM
We decorated Daniel's bedroom at the weekend and put his new bed up - it's a high sleeper bed from Argos, came flat packed and would you believe it there was nothing missing!!! Only took about 5 hours to put up though and we had to shut the bedroom windows to spare the neighbours and expletives :rolleyes008:

Now I have the entire contents of his room in our bathroom, on the landing you name it and it all has to go back somehow! That is my job for today and probably the next week - still the kids are back to school on Thursday. :bounce009:

Dawn
01-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Cost of school uniform this year.

Logo items from school

2 x sweatshirts
1 x hooded Phys Ed sweatshirt
1 x fleece jacket
1 x PE shirt
1 x PE shorts
1 x cap
1 x PE kitbag
1 x book bag

= 59

Shoes = 32 :eek:

PE trainers = 11 - not paying Clarks prices for 1 hour a week wear - M & S

6 x white polo shirts = 7.50
3 x long trousers = 14
7 x grey socks = 6
1 x black jogging trousers = 5

1 x Ben 10 lunchbox = 10
1 x Ben 10 water bottle = 5

72 sew in clothing labels = 2.75

1 piano music book = 5
1 exercise book for piano lessons = 75p

Grand total = 158

For one child

Slowhand
01-09-2008, 10:20 AM
I`ll be tied up later today [when I log out of here!], doing some repairs to one of the electric lights at the bottom of our drive.
Some scroat tried to steal it on Saturday Night. We had a pair stolen a few years ago so I made sure that their replacements were nigh on impossible to steal, so it ain`t going to be easy for me to remove/repair it!

MystikPiglit
01-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Definitely a bleugh day...:sigh;
I'm so exhausted after decorating all last week that I can't think straight...
I'd like to be doing this :f030: but I have a week's worth of this :chores003::chores008::chores007::chores004: and I really shouldn't be doing this:compute1:.

Crazy Daisy
01-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Wait until you have 4 lots of uniform to buy Dawn :shocked025:

Dawn
01-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Never happen :lol:

Slowhand
01-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Never happen :lol:
Unless you start an army Dawn.
"The Peoples Liberation Army of Darn Sarf" for example. :lol:

Dawn
01-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Darn Sarf are very liberal already. :lol:

Tink
01-09-2008, 01:17 PM
It's a good Monday here. :D We are at SSR and about ready to go find some breakfast. :yes: The light is peeping under the still drawn curtains, so I'm guessing that the weather is going to be nice. :yes:

MystikPiglit
01-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Hope you have a lovely day, Tink. :)

lisaw
01-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Have a great day Tink - hope the weather stays nice for you :)

Tink
01-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Thank you! :yes: It's our last day here, so that is a bit depressing. Even when you live on top of WDW, when you come for a proper vacation, the end of it is still sad. :sigh;

Slowhand
01-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Thank you! :yes: It's our last day here, so that is a bit depressing. Even when you live on top of WDW, when you come for a proper vacation, the end of it is still sad. :sigh;
As my Mum used to say "You have to leave the place that you like so that you can come back again!"
Enjoy what`s left of your break Tink.

MystikPiglit
01-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Even when you live on top of WDW, when you come for a proper vacation, the end of it is still sad. :sigh;

:hug2: There'll be another, I'm sure.

cathydisneynut
01-09-2008, 03:44 PM

Logo items from school

2 x sweatshirts
1 x fleece jacket
1 x PE shirt
1 x PE shorts
1 x cap
1 x PE kitbag
1 x book bag

= 59

3 x long trousers = 14
7 x grey socks = 6

1 x Ben 10 lunchbox = 10

1 piano music book = 5

Grand total = 158

For one child

Eeek!! And I thought I had it bad with 90 for Sarah's blazer and 22 for 2 logo'd sweatshirts for Darren! Thank heavens that was all they needed with logos on it!

It's a good Monday here. :D We are at SSR and about ready to go find some breakfast. :yes: The light is peeping under the still drawn curtains, so I'm guessing that the weather is going to be nice. :yes:

Have a lovely last day, Tink!

Skywatcher
01-09-2008, 03:47 PM
:( blurg - awful day - wont get home until midnight - miss my family - haven't had time toi eat today

luvthemouse
01-09-2008, 04:33 PM
:( blurg - awful day - wont get home until midnight - miss my family - haven't had time toi eat today

But you have time for us!!!

It's Labor Day holiday here. But I went in and worked....for holiday pay!! Woo Hoo!!! (8hours of pay for 4hours worked)

Debbie2
01-09-2008, 04:43 PM
having a good day..I picked up my nice new shiny car. Love that new car smell :)

mumof2
01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
got the last of our holiday washing out on the line today, went and bought school shoes, DH and the boys did a bit of work in the front room (we're not living in it at the moment - it's empty....no curtains, no furniture, newly plastered walls and lots more work to do!)

The boys have been quite happy pottering around today so that means I have too! DH went to work at 2.30 and just sent me a message to say he's got to work 'til 3am instead of midnight as the next section due on are short staffed.....:rolleyes008:

Just about to do dinner for the boys and Jays friend.

:( Had to pay 30 for 2 pairs of DS14 school trousers, and around 12 for 2 pairs for DS9, can't remember how much the shirts were

Figment
01-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I claim the ultimate blech Monday...I'm back home from a week in the Magic. :cry1:

Taja
01-09-2008, 06:33 PM

Logo items from school

2 x sweatshirts
1 x fleece jacket
1 x PE shirt
1 x PE shorts
1 x cap
1 x PE kitbag
1 x book bag

= 59

3 x long trousers = 14
7 x grey socks = 6

1 x Ben 10 lunchbox = 10

1 piano music book = 5

Grand total = 158

For one child

That's why you have only one child! :lol:

I`ll be tied up later today [when I log out of here!], doing some repairs to one of the electric lights at the bottom of our drive.
Some scroat tried to steal it on Saturday Night. We had a pair stolen a few years ago so I made sure that their replacements were nigh on impossible to steal, so it ain`t going to be easy for me to remove/repair it!

Gotta love it when we do things like that! Nothing like making more work for ourselves just to protect our property a bit!

It's a holiday and I'm not working!
It's a holiday and I'm not working!

:lol:

I might be enjoying myself just a wee bit too much! :D

Beccaberry
02-09-2008, 02:37 AM
Is it too late for me to give a big BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLECCCH to the Monday as well (even *if* it's only an hour and a half from being over?)

Holiday, PAH!!! I think I've worked more in the past three days than I have in a year! And I'm just.......tired.

And then there's my new son....

And the visiting dog...

And the laundry...

And the new trampoline...

And Baleigh turns TEN tomorrow...

And the original son is driving me bonkers...

RAR.

Shellyamc
02-09-2008, 02:51 AM
It is almost over..Blegh!!!

Monday was the same as the past two weeks. Empty boxes, put things away, do laundry, try to clean, and then cry because there is still a million things to put away. I don't know that I will ever move again. It really really stinks :yes:

Beccaberry
02-09-2008, 02:53 AM
Oh hon... :hug2: I know that feeling...the boxes just seem to be endless don't they?

Don't overdo, ok? You should be taken care of yourself!!!

:hug2:

Shellyamc
02-09-2008, 03:03 AM
Oh hon... :hug2: I know that feeling...the boxes just seem to be endless don't they?

Don't overdo, ok? You should be taken care of yourself!!!

:hug2:

endless endless endless :sigh;

I am taking care of myself. I didn't do much during the move, so now is my time to actually help out with putting things away in the kitchen etc. I feel bad watching Dh do so much work! I will be happy when it is all done and we can just relax. I don't think I have left this house in 2 weeks..that is just crazy!

Johnie
02-09-2008, 03:57 AM
Rebecca Anne, when did you get a new son? Is he like my Jordan? :p

Ten!! My goodness, she is practically grown!

My day was spent in the Milwaukee, Atlanta and Richmond airports.

My baby starts her senior year of high school tomorrow :(

kazzaqld
02-09-2008, 05:23 AM
Rebecca Anne, when did you get a new son? Is he like my Jordan? :p

Ten!! My goodness, she is practically grown!

My day was spent in the Milwaukee, Atlanta and Richmond airports.

My baby starts her senior year of high school tomorrow :(

Oh my, Johnie, how fast they grow up!

Mine is having a bumpy first year of high school - I won't go into detail as he is a member here and I don't want to embarass him. :(

uscwest
02-09-2008, 01:22 PM
And then there's my new son....

Rebecca Anne, is there something you forgot to tell us? :lol:

Beccaberry
03-09-2008, 02:01 AM
LOL. No not really...We just have a temporary house guest....a friend of Andrew's who's having a rough time at home...

Shellyamc
03-09-2008, 03:42 AM
LOL. No not really...We just have a temporary house guest....a friend of Andrew's who's having a rough time at home...

:hug2: from those of us who wished, at times, we had someplace to go when things were rough.