PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Day 8 Sun 17/8

mumof2
01-09-2008, 04:53 PM
So today we were hoping to go to the Tagoat steam rally (http://homepage.eircom.net/~larrybrowne/tagoat_homepage.html) but because of all the rain making the ground too wet it was postponed, but the blooming sun was shining - typical! :rolleyes008:

My Aunty came over again for a cuppa and then around lunchtime we decided to drive over to St Mullins (http://www.carlowcountymuseum.com/carlow-county/st-mullins2/index.html) for a walk and a cuppa at the tea room next to the river - it's been many years since DH and I were last there, i have no doubt that it's all completely different now!

Well, no sooner had we set off then.....yep, rain! :mad:

We kept going but when we arrived there an hour later it was REALLY heavy so no walking today - the rain was running down the hill as we drove up it....a stroll down to the river would NOT have been pleasant :rolleyes2: so we had a driving round the mountain roads tour instead!

I managed to get a few pics as we went but they're not great - the clouds were hanging over the mountain and it was VERY cold up there...brrr.

About 1/2 way back the rain eased a bit so we stopped at Carrickbyrne Hill (http://www.discoverireland.ie/DI/resultsengine/IndividualResultTCS.aspx?touristItemID=8527&type=Attraction&LocationID=879&SearchString=&FromDate=&ToDate=&SearchByDate=0&CategoryID=985&LocationName=Republic+Of+Ireland&CountyID=879&Radius=0&rbSelect=&SortBy=1&SubCategoryID=985) for a short walk to stretch our legs.

Back at the house we ordered a chinese takeaway for tea and Bill & DH had to drive into town to collect it as the house is too far out to deliver to! :rolleyes008:

The wood burning stove in the front room was lit tonight and we sat in there instead of out the back in the sun room.....

uscwest
04-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Another great Irish day. And the rain helps keep it green.

Johnie
04-09-2008, 01:11 AM
It looks beautiful.

Dawn
04-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Stop posting pictures that make me want to blow the Disney fund on a trip to Ireland. :lol:

Tink
04-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I love the cottage/house. The clouds hanging low. Yes, that is a good memory of Ireland. The rain can be a nuisance when you want to have a good walk, but it's so much a part of Ireland it would seem odd without it, eh?

I love the scenery. Thank you for the beautiful photos. :hug2:

mumof2
05-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Another great Irish day. And the rain helps keep it green.

ah, so that's why it rains a lot! i was informed yesterday that the radio said it was the rainiest summer Ireland has had in a long time.....just typical it had to happen while we were there! :rolleyes008:

It looks beautiful.

thank you Johnie, it *is* beautiful! :yes:

Stop posting pictures that make me want to blow the Disney fund on a trip to Ireland. :lol:

oh, but i enjoy showing them to you Dawn...and i have more! :evil:

I love the cottage/house. The clouds hanging low. Yes, that is a good memory of Ireland. The rain can be a nuisance when you want to have a good walk, but it's so much a part of Ireland it would seem odd without it, eh?

I love the scenery. Thank you for the beautiful photos. :hug2:

thank you Tink,you're very welcome - i'm glad I'm bringing back memories for you! :yes:

BevW
05-09-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm going to have to re-read these trip reports of Ireland...I really want to go there one day!

mumof2
06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm going to have to re-read these trip reports of Ireland...I really want to go there one day!

aha.....you can go with Tink and Dawn, oh - and Willow of course! :lol:

foreverducky
09-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I soooo want to visit too! Those pictures are just so lovely!

mumof2
09-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I soooo want to visit too! Those pictures are just so lovely!

:hug2: thanks love! you can all go together then! :yes: