PDA

View Full Version : hollywood & vine or brown derby?

UKTim
03-09-2008, 11:26 AM
which would be best for a fantasmic package? hollywood seems to be much cheaper but havent seen any reviews

where is h&v anyway

uscwest
03-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Hollywood and Vine is right next door to 50's Prime Time. It is a buffet place vs a sit down for Brown Derby. IMHO the best thing on the menu at Brown Derby is the Cobb Salad. It is a place that I think Disney should retire, much like its namesake in Hollywood has been. To me it just doesn't have the lustre that it did a few years back.

Tink
03-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I've never been to either. If I had to choose, I'd look at the menu, of course and go by what would appeal the most. Disney is one of the few places where I will eat at a buffet, so sometimes I choose those over a full service restaurant as the selection of food is greater. I like choices. :yes:

Johnie
03-09-2008, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't choose either. I didn't care for the Hollywood and Vine buffet. And Brown Derby is way overpriced. I'd go with Mama Melrose.

Tink
03-09-2008, 12:52 PM
What didn't you like about the buffet Johnie?

Johnie
03-09-2008, 12:54 PM
I thought it was too expensive for there not to be any characters. (There are characters at breakfast and lunch now). I was just unimpressed by the selection and the quality. Chef Mickey's is better.

Taja
03-09-2008, 07:45 PM
H&V dinner buffet isn't nearly as good as the one at Crystal Palace. Mostly lack of selection. They trade on Fantasmic, in my opinion.

Haven't tried Brown Derby. I dined at the original one for many years, so a replica doesn't hold much interest for me.

Dawn
04-09-2008, 07:21 AM
I've had two awesome meals at Brown Derby. :)

Crazy Daisy
04-09-2008, 10:44 AM
H & V is not very nice. It was the worst meal of our holiday. I was so glad that we did not have to pay for it ( free DDP ) . Have not tried Brown Derby though.

candygirl
05-09-2008, 09:25 PM
We've had some good meals in the Brown Derby and also some good value for money meals at H&V. Given a choice we'd opt for the Brown Derby.