PDA

View Full Version : Tapestry of dreams parade

disneydiva
07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
What happened to the tapestry of dreams parade at Epcot ? I remember seeing it about 7 years ago but I haven't see it since.

Tink
07-09-2008, 02:11 PM
It's done. :( They stopped doing it a few years ago. I've heard time and time again that EPCOT will have it's own parade again, but nothing has been forthcoming.

I thought that parade (and it's earlier versions, Tapestry of Nations, and the Great Millenium Walk) was perfect for EPCOT.

Personally, I think it was one of those ill thought out decisions by managment. Just as keeping Illuminations unchanged now for almost 9 years. :sigh;

It's time for some refreshing changes, eh?

disneydiva
07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
It's done. :( They stopped doing it a few years ago. I've heard time and time again that EPCOT will have it's own parade again, but nothing has been forthcoming.

I thought that parade (and it's earlier versions, Tapestry of Nations, and the Great Millenium Walk) was perfect for EPCOT.

Personally, I think it was one of those ill thought out decisions by managment. Just as keeping Illuminations unchanged now for almost 9 years. :sigh;

It's time for some refreshing changes, eh?

Thanks Tink. Its a shame I really enjoyed that parade and as you say it was perfect for Epcot.

Tink
07-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Yes, everything from the inclusion of the global society, to the music (that although the syllables didn't "mean" anything, they had that ethnic sound) to the ability of the guests (particularly the little ones) to interact with the "characters" in the parade.

It was artistic, and inspiring, and very moving all in one, wasn't it? I think I have some photos somewhere. :unsure: But if I do they are on the Mac, and that's not playing nicely right at the moment! :o

disneydiva
07-09-2008, 02:27 PM
It would be lovely to see the photos Tink. :hug2:

Tink
07-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Awww, well Our Keith has told us how to get the Mac to behave, so now we just need to do it!

What were your favorite "characters?" I love the Sage of Time but he was only there for the Great Millenium Walk version. :yes:

disneydiva
07-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Awww, well Our Keith has told us how to get the Mac to behave, so now we just need to do it!

What were your favorite "characters?" I love the Sage of Time but he was only there for the Great Millenium Walk version. :yes:

Well done Keith. I enjoyed it all to be honest Tink, the theming and everything was fantastic. :p015:

Isafari
07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
This is the one parade I wish I'd seen :( It was there the first year we went to WDW in 2003 but at the time, I wasn't a member of a board such as this and I basically new nothing about the parks....If I knew then what I know now, I would have made the effort to go and see it. :p015:

I'd love to see pics too!

Tink
07-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Perhaps someone else has some photos that they can put up before I can get to mine?

Slowhand
07-09-2008, 02:41 PM
It was also one of the favourite parades among the Disney Imagineers.
On one of our cruises one of the senior Imagineers was giving a talk that I attended and he said that seeing as Epcot is the only WDW park without a parade as such, he and several of his colleagues were pushing Disney hard to get another one instigated.
Sadly this was a few years ago and nothing`s happened yet. :mad:

Skywatcher
07-09-2008, 07:51 PM
It was the single best Disney thing ever in my opinion - we saw it in 1999 and we still play the music - Epic and brought a tear to the eye.

I was told one of the reasons for cancelling was that the puppet costumes were ill thought out and gave the CM's back problems - Disney feared law suits if they continued

Tink
07-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh, really? Gosh, I didn't know that. They did look pretty cumbersome, that's for sure!

uscwest
08-09-2008, 01:03 AM
I know Donna doesn't miss it but I do. I loved the music.

luvthemouse
08-09-2008, 01:07 AM
I have the Millenium CD in my car and play it quite frequently. I miss that parade too...

Skywatcher
08-09-2008, 06:51 AM
wey-la wey la weeey la weeeeeeeeeeeey la weeeeeeeeeeeeeela

loved it :cry2:

Dawn
08-09-2008, 06:52 AM
I loved Tapestry of Nations. It was awesome, and very moving. We saw the very last performance of that parade.

I still play the CD all the time. :D

Skywatcher
08-09-2008, 07:01 AM
We saw the very last performance of that parade.

:dozey:

so, it was your fault then

Dawn
08-09-2008, 07:21 AM
I swear I didn't touch anything. :unsure:

Skywatcher
08-09-2008, 07:36 AM
hmmmm - tropical storm Dawn leaves devastation in her wake ;)

Tink
08-09-2008, 12:03 PM
After ToN, it went to Tapestry of Dreams, so you are saved, Dawn. :D

I have the CD too and love that music. :yes:

Skywatcher
08-09-2008, 12:44 PM
They still play it at park exit after illuminations I think :unsure:

Dawn
08-09-2008, 12:50 PM
So I didn't actually break anything then did I.

Skywatcher
08-09-2008, 12:58 PM
on this occasion