PDA

View Full Version : Bank Card Fraud

Dizneyblonde
10-09-2008, 05:11 PM
As if i haven't got enough on my plate at the moment someone has decided to use my bank account details to order stuff off the internet :rolleyes008:

Luckily the company they were ordering from rang me for confirmation.
They had tried to order 200 worth of vouchers and paid 6.50 for next day delivery to an alternative address.
They had used my bank card details and my full name,address and phone number.
I have phoned the bank to stop my card and at the moment this is the only transaction pending.
I am now left with no card and as i live miles away from my nearest branch i am also left with no money!

How did they get all these details you may ask??I never keep my card and my name, address and telephone number together.

Remember Robyn's laptop being sent off for repair and going missing?

That is the only place that all my datails have been stored in the same place so i have also had to contact them and warn them that they may have someone committing fraud within their company or within the courier company they use.

Luckily no money has actually left my account and the pending amount for the vouchers is being refunded tomorrow.

Watch this space for further transaxtions that haven't yet shown online.

I purposely haven't mentioned any company names in case this ends up a police matter.

Britchick
10-09-2008, 05:14 PM
oh no hun, i'm sorry that's happened:(

Johnie
10-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Oh no! That is so scary, I'm glad the company was so pro-active by calling you.

BevW
10-09-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm so glad they contacted you!

Jazmine
10-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Omgosh DB this is happening far too often especially within our Disney family. let us at em :ouch: :slap:
lots of love & :hug2:on their way to you xxx
Jacqui xxx

Dizneyblonde
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks all.

The frustrating thing is the internet company have the delivery address but can't give it to me!!!

I could let you all know and someone could pay them a visit.

Something good has to happen soon......please!

Jazmine
10-09-2008, 05:31 PM
DB if the company`s in Scotland me and our Val will pay them a visit for you:slap: :slap: :lol:
Jacqui xxx

Dizneyblonde
10-09-2008, 05:37 PM
LOL the repair shop where the PC went was in Scotland and so was the internet company but the delivery address for the person committing fraud was London.

Claire
10-09-2008, 05:38 PM
:hug1: This is rotten luck! How do these people sleep at night?

Let me know if you find out where they live and I'll send my kids round. That'll put them off doing it again.

ukwdwnut
10-09-2008, 05:46 PM
sorry to hear that teresa :hug2: how crap is that, but never ever keep detail on a pc if you send it away, remove it first

Jazmine
10-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Teresa when your`e able to name names let me know as my DH works for a small family business here dealing with computers and phones he may know of them :yes:
Jacqui :hug2:xxx

Dizneyblonde
10-09-2008, 06:09 PM
sorry to hear that teresa :hug2: how crap is that, but never ever keep detail on a pc if you send it away, remove it first

Only ever used my card on there once back in July.
Card details weren't stored but they obviously remain in the PC somehow:(

Made sure there were no passwords or Robyn;s details but never thought about the card as it was a one off.

ukwdwnut
10-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Only ever used my card on there once back in July.
Card details weren't stored but they obviously remain in the PC somehow:(

Made sure there were no passwords or Robyn;s details but never thought about the card as it was a one off.

yeah i know its hard to think about those thing when you send it off but you would also trust the repairer too wouldnt you, so obviously its found its way into the wrong hands, id tell the police whats happened and they may investigate the company

in a cookie, they remember password and stuff, remember when you login to a bank and your username and other info is already there, well thats what a cookie stores, same as your username and password on here, all stored in a cookie

Isafari
10-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Sorry to hear this terese :hug2:
I really hope it all gets sorted out for you soon with no more debits to your account

mumof2
10-09-2008, 07:33 PM
omg - that's outrageous...:hug2:

Hex
10-09-2008, 10:37 PM
So sorry to hear about that DB.

The scum who do this sort of thing need to be dumped in a cell and the key thrown away. - or made to listen to "it's a small world" continuously - which ever is more unpleasant.

Taja
10-09-2008, 11:56 PM
:hug2: Sorry to hear about this, DB. Hope you're able to get a new card soon!

So sorry to hear about that DB.

The scum who do this sort of thing need to be dumped in a cell and the key thrown away. - or made to listen to "it's a small world" continuously - which ever is more unpleasant.

All of the above, please!

Thumb screws wouldn't be a bad idea, either! :D

Tink
11-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Ah no DizneyBlonde. :hug2: Do call the police, ok? You need to have official notificiation to the proper authorities. Maybe they will be able to prise the address from the Internet Company and take care of the miserable sot that did this.

I'm sorry you are without your card! :(

luvthemouse
11-09-2008, 01:18 AM
I am so sorry that this has happened to you! :hug2:

Dawn
11-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Gits. :mad:

Dizneyblonde
11-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Ah no DizneyBlonde. :hug2: Do call the police, ok? You need to have official notificiation to the proper authorities. Maybe they will be able to prise the address from the Internet Company and take care of the miserable sot that did this.

I'm sorry you are without your card! :(

Thanks Tink but the fraudsection of the bank can't inform the police yet as no money has actually left my account.
It was caught in time and the payment was stopped.
Just off to check no more payments have left over nght :(

Thanks to everyone for all good wishes too.
Just borrowed some money from Jack to get some shopping!

Mags
11-09-2008, 07:33 AM
What an absolute bummer. Lets hope there are no more attempts and that you get it all sorted soon.

Margaret

Dizneyblonde
11-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Just checked and no money been taken out overnight.

Hopefully it has been caught in time.

mainecoon lover
11-09-2008, 09:43 AM
This is really annoying. Dh's card has been used 3 time already this year. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Disneybumble
11-09-2008, 09:43 AM
You poor thing , I shall send you a big cyber :hug2:. Use some of Jack's money for chocolate. XXX

lisaw
11-09-2008, 10:45 AM
It is happening more and more :mad: At least it was found before money was taken out. Hope it is sorted for you quickly :hug2:

Tink
11-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Call the police yourself. I once had my number found on a server at a local restaurant (debit/credit card number). The Secret Service contacted me about it, so that shows me that they do take action even though the number hadn't been used.

Phone the police and tell them you are reporting the incident just to be safe, and perhaps they can do something. Although the account wasn't jacked, it doesn't mean that the attempt to do so wasn't made.

Good luck to you Teresa. Last thing you needed eh? :hug2:

Dizneyblonde
20-09-2008, 11:37 AM
The *&@+^&$} have done it again. :mad:

Had a letter from the bank today to ask me to verify another payment on my card that was used in a fraud.

100 worth of designer shirts this time :mad::mad::mad:

I could do without this stress :(

disney1sttimer
20-09-2008, 11:41 AM
why didnt they cancel your card when it happened the first time? :hug2:

Dizneyblonde
20-09-2008, 11:45 AM
They did cancel it, this is stuff they tried to use it for before i cancelled that is now catching up and showing at the bank.

If it hadn't been for the voucher company spotting it and ringing me i would never have known until these payments had been debitied from my account.

I now have loads of paperwork to fill in for the fraud team and the police.

keith
20-09-2008, 11:50 AM
They did cancel it, this is stuff they tried to use it for before i cancelled that is now catching up and showing at the bank.

If it hadn't been for the voucher company spotting it and ringing me i would never have known until these payments had been debitied from my account.

I now have loads of paperwork to fill in for the fraud team and the police.

Sorry to hear that DB :( I've had the same and it just amazes me that it takes so long for these things to show up! it really doesnt help at all

fingers crossed you get it sorted out quickly :(

Isafari
20-09-2008, 11:53 AM
:hug2: The paperwork isn't too bad Teresa....just make sure the bank doesn't try to charge you for your account going into the red (if this did actually happen) as they tried to charge me. :mad:

disneymom
20-09-2008, 11:56 AM
so sorry to hear this Db :( :hug2:

disnut
20-09-2008, 12:08 PM
our bank adviced us to cancel our debit card and have only atm cards and credit cards so we buy everything on credit card and pay at the end of the month

tb2830
20-09-2008, 01:37 PM
sorry to hear that hun, wishing you some luck to come your way

lisaw
20-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Can't believe how long that has taken to show up :mad:

Hope it gets sorted quickly :hug2: