PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Grand Floridian named North America's Leading Resort

keith
12-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa was named North America's Leading Resort at the 2008 World Travel Awards, which were held Saturday at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. You can see a full list of the winners at http://www.worldtravelawards.com/winners2008-11

Interestingly the Swan and Dolphin were named North America's Leading Conference Hotel

Tink
12-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Interesting. Florida's leading resort is Swan and Dolphin! How's that for quirky?

The Sagamore in NY is incredible. I will definitely agree with that one! :yes:

Beccaberry
12-09-2008, 01:39 AM
USA: Massachusetts' Leading Boutique Hotel Chatham Bars Inn

OOH!! We stayed here for my birthday/Mother's day....it was soooooooooo lovely!!!! We had a little oceanside cottage... we went to P Town one day, and the rest of the trip it poured BUCKETS....so we holed up in our room with a Scrabble Board, a deck of cards and a TRUCKLOAD of snacks....we had a BLAST!!! The kids STILL talk about our "Scrabble Weekend"

Tinker
12-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the info, Keith . I enjoyed an 80 minute massage at the GF this past Monday . It was Heaven !!!

Debbie2
12-09-2008, 08:00 AM
How interesting. Have stayed at one twice and off to the other next year - and no I didn't vote :lol:

Tink
12-09-2008, 08:07 AM
I'd like to try the Four Seasons in Boston for my next work related visit. :lol: Like THAT'LL ever happen! :lol:

Becca, your birthday stay sounds wonderful! :yes:

Disneybumble
12-09-2008, 09:00 AM
One day i will stay at the Grand Floridian. Since my first boat crossing at WDW in 1990,it has been my dream to stay there.

Beccaberry
12-09-2008, 01:31 PM
I'd like to try the Four Seasons in Boston for my next work related visit. Like THAT'LL ever happen!

LOL. It *does* look splendiferous though, doesn't it :yes:

Becca, your birthday stay sounds wonderful!

It really, really was. I don't think I've ever had such a lovely birthday, it quite spoiled me.

And the Mother's Day Brunch that Sunday was SUPERB!!!

A few photos...

Baleigh LOVED the complimentary robes :)

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o368/beccaberry73/DSCF6070.jpg

Front of the resort:

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o368/beccaberry73/DSCF6086.jpg

One of my favorite pics of the kids:

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o368/beccaberry73/DSCF6108.jpg

Such a memorable time...

Tink
12-09-2008, 01:32 PM
May I ask (and if you aren't comfortable answering, that is absolutely fine) what was the room rate price range?

Slowhand
12-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I just knew the GF would win the award. :smiley4::lol:

Beccaberry
12-09-2008, 02:00 PM
May I ask (and if you aren't comfortable answering, that is absolutely fine) what was the room rate price range?

You're more than welcome to ask, we were quite excited about the deal we received :yes: ...Travelzoo was offering a REMARKABLE deal for $169/night...The months of April/May are considered "off season" (though it was GORGEOUS) and we stayed two nights. As an aside, I saw the deal come *back* up on Travelzoo just recently for the fall months...the calendar is a bit more limited, but there are still deals to be had. Many of our families here in Westport summer there and I've been told that during the summer months, rates can go as high as 400-500/night. Needless to say, we *won't* be going in the summer :D

Meant to say...

The staff was AMAZING. We had a slight snafoo when we checked in (they sent us to a cottage that was already occupied) and they were *so* eager to set things right, they ended up giving us our first night free. Above and beyond in my opinion.

Tink
12-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh my gosh! That is quite reasonable for a boutique! :yes: Plus, getting a night free! Thank you for sharing the info. :hug1:

Beccaberry
12-09-2008, 04:23 PM
You're quite welcome, if I run across the link for the upcoming discounts, I'll be sure and post it!

Debbie2
12-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I see the WDW Swan and Dolphin also won the Florida Leading Resort category as well as the North America Conference one :)