PDA

View Full Version : Our Town

Tinker
12-09-2008, 10:16 PM
some of you remember me posting about a young woman with cancer . Her only wish was to take her little girl to WDW before she passed . Her wish was granted by many of us that put together bake sales, dinners & fundraisers . Her mother , her daughter and herself spent 10 magical days at WDW . We had enough money to buy everything they needed / I sadly learned that while I was at WDW, CiCi peacefully passed away with her family by her side . She was buried with the picture of herself and her little princess done over by the Bibbitiy Bobbiitty Boutique . RIP CiCi :rose:

Tink
12-09-2008, 10:57 PM
What wonderful memories you provided for that child. :yes: Rest peacefully, Cici. You deserve to be at peace now.

Taja
12-09-2008, 11:23 PM
What wonderful memories you helped create for that family, Tinker. :hug2:

CiCi, rest in peace and free of pain, and know you were loved by many.

Beccaberry
12-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Thank you for sharing this story, Tinker.

May you be at peace now CiCi and may you family find comfort in the joy you found....

Tinker
13-09-2008, 12:12 AM
My last memory of CiCi was her walking the first lap/Relay For Life hand in hand with Barry, her DH and Krista, her sweet little girl . It was right after they returned from WDW and her doctors gave her the sad news that she was not going to live . Although, we all think she had come to that conclusion on her own . She was made honorary guest and walked to Wind Beneath My Wings . I cried watching her knowing it was the last time I'd see her attend our Relay For Life . Through it all... she smiled . I learned a lot from her . Her strength was moving .

Tink
13-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Oh G-d. I can't even read that without breaking down. :(

Tinker
13-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Sorry, Sister Tink ! :hug2: No wonder I have been emotional since I got home .

luvthemouse
13-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Oh Tinker... What a touching story. I've never done the Relay for Life. As I lost my Dad to cancer, I know I should...

Johnie
13-09-2008, 01:29 AM
:hug2: what a touching story. Thank you for sharing it.

I think some people, although their life is short, are meant to be here to teach us a lesson about courage, humanity and love.

Beccaberry
13-09-2008, 01:34 AM
Totally agree, Johnie. Well said.

mainecoon lover
14-09-2008, 04:31 PM
What a lovely town you come from Tinker :hug2:.

Dawn
14-09-2008, 04:35 PM
:rose2:

mumof2
14-09-2008, 04:54 PM
oh Tinker, I remember you telling us about CiCi and I'm so sorry she's passed away - CiCi certainly made an impact on the generous people in your town and I hope her family takes some comfort in the knowledge that she touched so many peoples lives :hug2:

Tinker
14-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Thank You, we will miss her dearly .

cathydisneynut
15-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Sorry to hear your news, Tinker.:hug2:

Dizneyblonde
15-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Beautiful but sad story.Thank you for sharing.

We learnt today that one of the 14 year old boys in our school, who is a friend of DD's, lost his mum to cancer over the weekend.She went to a hospice last week but sadly lost her brave fight.Feel so sorry for him and his brother and have had an extra hug and a few tears with the kids tonight.

Tink
15-09-2008, 07:01 PM
How very sad that is. :( Peace to those children. :(

Wendy
15-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh Debbie :hug2: I know how CiCi's illness affected you :hug2:

Losing anyone to cancer is a horrible, horrible experience :( it is such a cruel illness :cry2: You and others helped her to achieve her wish for her daughter and gave her and her family a wonderful 10 days, where some of her dreams came true :hug2:

Tinker
15-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Beautiful but sad story.Thank you for sharing.

We learnt today that one of the 14 year old boys in our school, who is a friend of DD's, lost his mum to cancer over the weekend.She went to a hospice last week but sadly lost her brave fight.Feel so sorry for him and his brother and have had an extra hug and a few tears with the kids tonight. and a :hug1: to your dear children from me Teresa . Its hard for anyone to lose a dear friend or family member to cancer ... but harder when they have young children . :p015:

Dizneyblonde
15-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Certainly puts things into perspective Deb.

I take every opportunity to tell my kids i love them and how much they mean to me.

It's going to be hard for him when he comes back to school as he is usually the class clown and i really don't know how he will deal with it.
His brother who is in 6th form (18) was in today.

Tinker
15-09-2008, 08:26 PM
It sure does sweetie . When my son got married , I texted him one night and told him I Loved Him and how proud I was of the responsible, mature person he had become and that I Thanked God everyday for giving him to me . And the day of the wedding I told him the same . We both cried .
Poor lads, my heart goes out to them . CiCi's DD is only 8 .

Dizneyblonde
15-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I just can't imagine what it is like for a child to lose a parent.8 is so young.Bless the poor little girl.

It is hard enough as an adult to lose anyone let alone at a time when you have enough on your plate with school and hormones.

All i can do is be thankful for my health(my operation is nothing compared to this) and my kids and be there to support him when he needs someone.

Tinker
15-09-2008, 08:45 PM
:yes: :hug2:

Watchinherskip
15-09-2008, 09:14 PM
:rose2:Gosh Debbie, so so sorry to hear about her passing. I remember you mentioning her illness and her wish to visit Disney a while ago. I am sorry for her loss, for her kids, husband and her community. Pburg is a great small town. I grew up in a small town in NE PA. The people are real, they feel for each other and they pitch in. God bless you and the others that helped to make her last days so good for her and her family.

Tinker
15-09-2008, 11:42 PM
ThankYou Watchinhership ! We do our best .