PDA

View Full Version : walk from epcot to the studios?

eeyoreguy
18-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Is this possible and if so anyone know how long it would take approximately?

Skywatcher
18-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Not sure it is without walking accross carparks etc - I always found getting around on foot quite tricky - I suppose I wqould walk from epcot to the swolphin and then get the boat from there to the studios - I find the last bit the most difficult bit to do

piglet
18-09-2008, 11:33 AM
If you leave Epcot from the International Gateway and walk past BC and YC you can follow the road along the canal to the Studios. It's probably about a 1/2 hour walk which isn't great in the heat of the day but it really is a lovely walk along the water. We never bother with the boat because unless it's actually coming, we can get nearly always get to the studios before it comes.

uscwest
18-09-2008, 12:29 PM
There is a very well marked and lighted path that runs from EPCOT past the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club and Swan and Dolphin Hotels to DHS. On a not to hot day it is a nice walk, but there is no, or limited shade. There is also a motor launch that travels between the two.

Slowhand
18-09-2008, 12:40 PM
It is a very pleasant walk too, but as others have said, not one to do when the sun is beating down on you!

Tink
18-09-2008, 02:13 PM
You can easily walk out of the IG, taking a left at the top of the hill, over the bridge heading for the boardwalk. :yes:

Once you come to the end of the building's by Jellyroll's take another left and simply follow that concrete walkway all the way to DHS. :yes: It's not long, tops maybe 20 minutes? :unsure: (I am a lousy guess of time). It takes about 30 minutes by ferry, and I've made it before the ferry, so that's why I'm guessing 20 minutes.

We like the walk. :yes:

Mags
18-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Its a nice walk but not one to do in the summer months. We generally take the boat across from Epcot to HS.

Margaret

luvthemouse
18-09-2008, 05:32 PM
We did this walk when we stayed at Boardwalk last year. It took about a half hour. And the walk takes less time than the boat..really it does.. It is a very nice, well lit path, but it can also be terribly hot during the heat of the day..