PDA

View Full Version : gingerbread house

wishonastar
22-09-2008, 07:36 PM
can someone tell me where they make this at christmas and are there any other buildings specially made for christmas like this?

lisaw
22-09-2008, 07:46 PM
It's in the lobby of the Grand Floridian, don't know of any others - I would love to go at Christmas one year :)

Tink
22-09-2008, 08:04 PM
OH gosh, there are loads!! Every deluxe resort has an incredible gingerbread creation. Beach Club has a gingerbread carosel!!

The American pavilion has a huge gingerbread house too. They use it for a shop that sells cookies and hot chocolate and cider. :yes:

Visit any of the deluxe resorts and look for their displays. Some are all gingerbread and some feature other types of confections (like chocolate :D ).

lisaw
22-09-2008, 08:14 PM
OH gosh, there are loads!! Every deluxe resort has an incredible gingerbread creation. Beach Club has a gingerbread carosel!!

The American pavilion has a huge gingerbread house too. They use it for a shop that sells cookies and hot chocolate and cider. :yes:

Visit any of the deluxe resorts and look for their displays. Some are all gingerbread and some feature other types of confections (like chocolate :D ).

I didn't know they ere all over - now I want to go at Christmas even more :lol:

Tink
22-09-2008, 08:35 PM
They change them a bit sometimes, from year to year. :yes: One year at the Boardwalk Inn, as you entered the aroma of chocolate assaulted your senses! :yes: They had the boardwalk recreated in chocolate (and some other candies). :yes: Incredible.

I don't honestly remember what is at the Contemporary... :unsure:

But there are really nice displays, and then there are the lovely decorations at every resort. It's well worth part of a day to tour the hotels and just take in all the holiday trimmings. :yes:

Gives you inspiration for your own home, too. :yes:

Johnie
22-09-2008, 11:52 PM
The resorts are decorated so beautifully. It's worth spending an afternoon/evening visiting the resorts to take a look.

Tinker
23-09-2008, 12:10 AM
The gingerbread carosel must be adorable . I was at WDW twice around Christmas time and didn't know there were different displays .

Taja
23-09-2008, 03:51 PM
They change them a bit sometimes, from year to year. :yes: One year at the Boardwalk Inn, as you entered the aroma of chocolate assaulted your senses! :yes: They had the boardwalk recreated in chocolate (and some other candies). :yes: Incredible.

I don't honestly remember what is at the Contemporary... :unsure:

But there are really nice displays, and then there are the lovely decorations at every resort. It's well worth part of a day to tour the hotels and just take in all the holiday trimmings. :yes:

Gives you inspiration for your own home, too. :yes:

Not much at the Contemporary last year. The lobby was a boarded-up construction zone! I don't recall seeing gingerbread there in 2003 or 2004, either. But I may not have looked in the right places!

Tink
23-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah, the Contemporary is not necessarily the best example of Christmas decorations at WDW.