PDA

View Full Version : Give me some magical Disney moments

Skywatcher
23-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Just a line that will spark a memory or a feeling

such as

- When the lights dim for Wishes and Jiminy starts to talk ( I especially love this as all the chatter and tantrums seem to stop as everyone turns as one towards the castle)

- Walking into your Hotel lobby after a 10 hour flight knowing the whole trip is ahead of you

- The smell of Pirates of the Carribean

- Counting down before the launch of the Rock n Roller Coaster

:D you get the idea

Dawn
23-09-2008, 08:00 AM
When that man on the monorails says "welcome to the Magic Kingdom" :D

Skywatcher
23-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Driving onto property for the first time

The cast members - actually they may be the single best thing about Disney full stop!

Talking with other families on the buses

The peace and quiet and anticipation of the first morning when you are up and about at ridiculous o clock in the morning

Dawn
23-09-2008, 08:08 AM
When you drive up to a parking lot booth to pay and a cheery CM sticks their head out and gives you a great big "good morning" :D

Driving under that purple arch for the first time.

Crossing the lake by ferry and watching the castle drift into view

Dawn
23-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Walking to the All Star Movies food court at 7am and watching mist rise off the swimming pool. :sigh;

Claire
23-09-2008, 08:26 AM
The warmth you feel as you walk through the sliding doors at Orlando International Airport to cross the road to get you hire car.

Skywatcher
23-09-2008, 08:29 AM
The smell of the dollars just before you go :D

ukwdwnut
23-09-2008, 08:37 AM
the monorail voice of "welcome to epcaaaaat" and what everyone else has said brings back the memories :D

Beccaberry
23-09-2008, 09:20 AM
"Please stand clear of the doors"

The smell of the candy shop on Main Street

The feel of hot concrete under you as you sit and wait for the parade/fireworks

MystikPiglit
23-09-2008, 12:00 PM
On the first morning, stepping out of your cool resort room when you've forgotten how warm and humid it's going to be. Bliss. :D

Shellyamc
23-09-2008, 12:44 PM
That time when you are heading to check in and all the sad people who just checked out are watching you with teary eyes. (Then you try to forget you will be them soon)

That moment in the morning where everything is quiet, the pool is empty, and the day holds all the magic you can hope for.

After the first day in the parks when your feet hurt, you stink, and you couldn't be more excited!

Hearing little kids yell "MOMMY- I SEE MICKEY MOUSE!!" and then glancing back to see Mommy's face.

Skywatcher
23-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Getting into a log on Splash mountain

Matthews face when he sees the Power Rangers car go by

MystikPiglit
23-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Singing "Yo Ho, Yo ho, a Pirate's life for me" going through to the Pirates ride... and not caring what people think. :D

Beccaberry
23-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Ok you people have *GOT* to stop...I'm sitting here at work all teary eyed!!!!

MystikPiglit
23-09-2008, 01:18 PM

Awww... :hug2:

Johnie
23-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Driving in and seeing the gate

The monorail spiel in Spanish :p015: my favorite part

Singing the COP song

The smell of popcorn

Shellyamc
23-09-2008, 01:20 PM
When you get back to your room at night and find cute little towel friends that Mousekeeping left.

Watching the people with you light up when they see/do their fav thing in the park.

That feeling you get inside when you see Mickey. Even if you try and act cool.

MystikPiglit
23-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Singing the COP song

:p015:I've been singing that this afternoon too. :lol:

Skywatcher
23-09-2008, 01:24 PM
When the boy falls asleep in his dinner or on the bus back from Illuminations

Skywatcher
23-09-2008, 01:25 PM

Its getting to me as well - but in a nice way

Beccaberry
23-09-2008, 01:32 PM
In a TOTALLY nice way...also in a "I'm scaring my coworkers and students" sort of way :D

Disneybumble
23-09-2008, 01:32 PM
- The smell of Pirates of the Carribean

- Counting down before the launch of the Rock n Roller Coaster

When you drive up to a parking lot booth to pay and a cheery CM sticks their head out and gives you a great big "good morning" :D

Driving under that purple arch for the first time.

Crossing the lake by ferry and watching the castle drift into view

The warmth you feel as you walk through the sliding doors at Orlando International Airport to cross the road to get you hire car.

The smell of the dollars just before you go :D

These are all my best bits

Watchinherskip
23-09-2008, 01:35 PM
:yes: I like that one too!

Watchinherskip
23-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Singing "Yo Ho, Yo ho, a Pirate's life for me" going through to the Pirates ride... and not caring what people think. :D
:yes: You do that too...thought I needed an intervention!:lol:

Skywatcher
23-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Sat on a bench and people watching

Disneybumble
23-09-2008, 01:46 PM
I need to smell POC , Talk about having a song go around your head ... i want a smell in my nose. .

PsychoAlice
23-09-2008, 01:50 PM
A certain spot in the middle of the street in the front of Mickeys of Hollywood where the world stopped turning for a complete perfect moment...:sigh:

Watchinherskip
23-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Short list:

Checking in to BW or just about any of the resorts! Love to talk with the CMs who are so friendly. Love to look at their name tags to see where they are from.

Love the people mover/WED way...now approaching Metropolis Science Center (although that one has been removed..why I could just cry)

A coffee and danish to get the day started. Extra magic hours!

Walking into the old MGM park....CMs in period attire doing their bits..too funny.

The feeling of flying at Peter Pan and Soarin!

The Rio del Tiempo at Epcot...(actually liked the older version without DD)

Mornings...just love to wake up and know that the day awaits!

I thought this was a short list...awww:(

Dorothy
23-09-2008, 02:00 PM
The anticipation of knowing that in a few seconds the music and fireworks will start and that the magic of Wishes will fill your soul.

The very first sight of the castle from the launch as you cross the lake the first day and knowing that it will always be there to welcome you.

Early morning at Epcot with a coffee when it is still very quiet and the music starts and the fountain begins it's dance.

All the little pockets of calm in out of the way places in the world showcase that you come across to enjoy.

Beccaberry
23-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Singing the "old" version of "Living With The Land" so loudly that my children shrink with embarrassment, while at the same time seeing that twinkle in their eye that says keep doing it :D

Strolling through the resort at night with a cold drink.

The satisfaction of checking into your room and then spending an hour UNPACKING all the things you've just spent two weeks cramming into a suitcase...and feeling GOOD about it.

Tink
23-09-2008, 02:13 PM
That first dramatically loud rocket that starts Illuminations...

In the past, that breath of air that blew out the torches along the lagoon at the start of Illuminations...

Hearing the different languages...

Hearing the drums from Japan across the World Showcase...

Seeing the globe and fireworks barges come out in preparation for the show...

Being the first ones up the Pangani Forest trail and having the gorillas all to ourselves for a few precious minutes...

Seeing all the little girls in their princess outfits... wondering why there aren't as many options for little boys...

Having a warm, soft, salty pretzel in Germany where the scent of the sauerkraut and sausages permeates the air...

The gentle aroma of fish and chips as you descend the hill toward the UK...

The guard at the DVC gate that greets you with a sincere, "Welcome Home!"

That first "kick off the holiday" Bud with Lime at the Gurgling Suitcase...

Pate and Guinness at Raglan Road...

Skywatcher
23-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Watching the boys play in the fountains at EPCOT

Britchick
23-09-2008, 05:35 PM
the hooting of the train around magic kingdom

the rattling rails in thunder mountain

blowing out of the lights in epcot before illuminations

Watchinherskip
23-09-2008, 05:41 PM
All such lovely shared memories!:p015: I would like to add the different sensations while riding through the environs of the Land. Love the feel of the rain forest, the heat of the desert in there, the lightning and grassfire of the prarie. Lots of great feelings, smells and sights from the Land.

I get that same sort of feeling In Ellen's Universe of Energy. Love that prehistoric swamp feel going into the dino world.

The smell of burning wood to create the right atmosphere to teach a lesson about clearcutting on Kali River Rapids ride. Oh and the mist when you get into the rain forest at the top of the first climb.

Figment
23-09-2008, 09:28 PM
The smell of the monorail.

Seeing the Walt and Mickey statue in MK.

Seeing Sorcerer Mickey on top of the mountain during Fantasmic.:cry1:

Jazmine
25-09-2008, 06:40 PM
My very favourite moment is seeing the Castle as you walk into Main Street i always start :cry2: :hug2:
Jacqui xxx

SleepinCatz
25-09-2008, 07:55 PM
seeing the clusters of Mickey Balloons when we step on main street.

that swell of emotion that fills you when you hear/see/smell that one thing that let's you know you are in Disney.

SleepinCatz
25-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I thought of another one...

we all have traditions...things we do, see eat or whatever everytime we go....that feeling, that moment when you enjoy that thing you do :) For My Dh and I it's enjoying a peice of fudge facing Tom Sawyers island...

Tinker
25-09-2008, 08:06 PM
The Main Street Trolley and performers lip syching & dancing .
The smell of the candy shop on Main Street .
The excitment of finding that last pin on a CM's lanyard that completes your series .
Hugging Mickey .
Watching Tinkerbell fly from the castle .

Skywatcher
26-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Watching a skit on the streets of MGM whilst easting an ice cream and seeing the boys laugh themselves hoarse