PDA

View Full Version : Football/Soccer

Dawn
25-09-2008, 11:09 AM
I have absolutely no interest in the game at all. All overpaid prima donnas prancing round in shiny shirts and kissing each other when they score goals. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than go to a soccer game.

But we don't get much to gloat about in this part of the world so...

We have this football team down here - Brighton and Hove Albion. Widely acknowledged as one of the most completely useless teams in the whole world. Their first team squad is valued at about 4.23. They have no stadium of their own so play their home games at the local athletics stadium. Their average home game crowd is 3 men (all over 80), 1 dog and a handful of seagulls (who are only there for the worms that get churned up).

Anyway last night this local teamed played Manchester City in some cup tie or other. Manchester City are the richest team in the country. They just spent 30million on one player. How many hip replacements would that buy? Their first team spends more each week on hair styling products than the Albion get paid in a whole year.

And our local useless bunch of nobodies beat them.

HA!

MystikPiglit
25-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Good for them! So, will you be going to their next game? :D

Claire
25-09-2008, 11:11 AM
So now they are worth how much more than 4.23??

Dawn
25-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Pass me the needles.

ukwdwnut
25-09-2008, 11:12 AM
:lol: way to go brighton

man city's owners are only worth 511bn, drop in the oceah eh!!

MystikPiglit
25-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Pass me the needles.

Aww.... :lol: You could take Steven. :D

Dawn
25-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Steven says football is stupid.

Claire I suspect you won't get change from a fiver for them now. :D

MystikPiglit
25-09-2008, 11:17 AM

I expect he prefers rugby. :D

Claire
25-09-2008, 11:20 AM

Claire I suspect you won't get change from a fiver for them now. :D

I might buy them tomorrow when I am rich.

Tink
25-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Rugby is THE game! :yes: Herself used to play rugby, as did Dawn! :D

I'm not a huge soccer fan, but do prefer it to gridiron.

It's wonderful when a Cinderella team plays from the heart eh? I'll bet you that the expensive team (who where they?) came into the game knowing they could win without trying, so they didn't. Sounds like they needed a comedown anyway. Never does too good to get so big for your britches, eh? They split then you see. :yes:

Good for your local team Dawn. Whether you follow them or not, it's still a nice thing to have happen, eh? (Rather like when the Florida Marlins won the series in baseball). :lol:

mumof2
25-09-2008, 02:04 PM
wow - way to go BHA! seagulls, seagulls!!

In the days when they used to be 'somebody' i went to see them at their Goldstone ground. My Dad's friend used to live opposite and we could sit on his garage roof and watch the match 'cos there was no fencing around it......that *was* a long time ago though! :lol: