PDA

View Full Version : yaaaay.......

mumof2
25-09-2008, 02:11 PM

3 months 'til Christmas! http://forum.belmont.edu/staff/archives/animated_christmas_tree.gif:tongue0011-1:

Tink
25-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh good heavens! I'd better get started cleaning the house! :eek:

Dawn
25-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Go to Asda. They have 3 aisles full of Halloween stuff and not a single Christmas related thing in sight. :D

I got some rubber snakes and spiders to put in local caches. :evil:

piglet
25-09-2008, 02:54 PM

3 months 'til Christmas! http://forum.belmont.edu/staff/archives/animated_christmas_tree.gif:tongue0011-1:

:eek::eek: Nooooo we haven't had summer up here yet

Shellyamc
25-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Christmas Christmas Christmas :bounce022::nemo2::excited001::pompoms::207:

Taja
25-09-2008, 03:43 PM
:eek:

I am so glad we no longer exchange gifts--we just have a family gathering. Gifts for the young ones (age 25 and under and not married), but that's it! It became too crazy--and most of the adults just go out and buy what they want when they want it these days. Very difficult to find useful, meaningful gifts within a reasonable price range. Add a lot of marriages, and the gift list became immense!

You all can celebrate while I relax! :lol:

mumof2
25-09-2008, 03:55 PM
:eek:

I am so glad we no longer exchange gifts--we just have a family gathering. Gifts for the young ones (age 25 and under and not married), but that's it! It became too crazy--and most of the adults just go out and buy what they want when they want it these days. Very difficult to find useful, meaningful gifts within a reasonable price range. Add a lot of marriages, and the gift list became immense!

You all can celebrate while I relax! :lol:

we buy for nieces, nephews and Grandparents - we took a vote and decided not to buy for brothers and sisters anymore as it was getting VERY expensive! we have a get together for Christmas day tea and exchange gifts then - I'm hosting it again this year, saves me going out in the cold AND I get to have a glass of wine or two! :lol:

Taja
25-09-2008, 04:02 PM
we buy for nieces, nephews and Grandparents - we took a vote and decided not to buy for brothers and sisters anymore as it was getting VERY expensive! we have a get together for Christmas day tea and exchange gifts then - I'm hosting it again this year, saves me going out in the cold AND I get to have a glass of wine or two! :lol:

Excellent! No designated driver duty for you! :lol:

As each generation matures and marries, we absorb not only the new spouse/children into the family, but the inlaws/outlaws and their offspring, as well. So our numbers multiply exponentially every few years! :lol: We reached crazy stage about 15 years ago and tried drawing names, but someone was always annoyed with the name drawn/gift received, etc., so we quickly ended that experiment!

We convene at my cousin DC's house most years, as their home is the largest. Everyone is assigned a prepared dish (can be purchased) and a few of us provide extra--someone always neglects to bring the assigned dish. And we have additional guests--solos/couples without local family, as well as guests of guests. :rolleyes: Gets pretty crazy, but we enjoy it for one day of the year! :lol:

Disneybumble
25-09-2008, 05:00 PM
:stripey::pompoms:
I'm with you Mairead. I LOVE Christmas. We also only do children etc. I can't wait .
Taja how many people would be at your gathering. It sounds exactly how christmas should be.

mumof2
25-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Oh good heavens! I'd better get started cleaning the house! :eek:

3 months ~ blimey! you must have a big house! :lol:

Go to Asda. They have 3 aisles full of Halloween stuff and not a single Christmas related thing in sight. :D

I got some rubber snakes and spiders to put in local caches. :evil:

yikes! you're a little divil Dawn :shocked025:

:eek::eek: Nooooo we haven't had summer up here yet

nor have we down here! :rolleyes008:

Christmas Christmas Christmas :bounce022::nemo2::excited001::pompoms::207:

woo hoo! :lol:

Excellent! No designated driver duty for you! :lol:

As each generation matures and marries, we absorb not only the new spouse/children into the family, but the inlaws/outlaws and their offspring, as well. So our numbers multiply exponentially every few years! :lol: We reached crazy stage about 15 years ago and tried drawing names, but someone was always annoyed with the name drawn/gift received, etc., so we quickly ended that experiment!

We convene at my cousin DC's house most years, as their home is the largest. Everyone is assigned a prepared dish (can be purchased) and a few of us provide extra--someone always neglects to bring the assigned dish. And we have additional guests--solos/couples without local family, as well as guests of guests. :rolleyes: Gets pretty crazy, but we enjoy it for one day of the year! :lol:

sounds wonderful! :yes:

:stripey::pompoms:
I'm with you Mairead. I LOVE Christmas. We also only do children etc. I can't wait .
Taja how many people would be at your gathering. It sounds exactly how christmas should be.

it'll be here before you know it! :lol:

Jazmine
25-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh nooooo not Christmas already well 3 months time but it will come round soooo quickly, we dont have any little ones left in our family apart from my cousin`s little boy Joseph who`s nearly 2, i`ll have to get me thinking cap on for the others :shrug:
Jacqui ;)xxx

MystikPiglit
25-09-2008, 05:48 PM
http://atschool.eduweb.co.uk/40903026a/xmas/count/xcount.htm

:D

Dizneyblonde
25-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Woohoo i love Christmas.

Have already done lots of my shopping as i thought i'd be incapacitated after my op (which was October) and got it done early!!!

MystikPiglit
25-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Woohoo i love Christmas.

Have already done lots of my shopping as i thought i'd be incapacitated after my op (which was October) and got it done early!!!

We'll let you off as you had a good reason. :D

lisaw
25-09-2008, 05:55 PM
I love that site! I have 'It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas' playing at the moment :lol: Well it does in our tesco anyway :D

Don't like this bit though:

The preparations for the British Christmas begin in November with Christmas shopping trips.

I can't possibly wait until November! :shocked025:

MystikPiglit
25-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I have 'It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas' playing at the moment :lol:
That's one of my favourite festive songs!! :p015: