PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever been on tv/radio?

dvcjane
27-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Is anyone famous even for 5 minutes? tv/radio/magazine/newspaper?

Isafari
27-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Is anyone famous even for 5 minutes? tv/radio/magazine/newspaper?

How about 5 seconds :lol: I was in a newspaper when I was young....I was strutting my stuff on the catwalk :lol: I was about 6 years old at the time.

ukwdwnut
27-09-2008, 10:28 AM
i was on the radio to jonathan pearce, on capital gold sport

Disneybumble
27-09-2008, 10:30 AM
An ex boyfriend asked me to marry him on radio 1. I said NO.

ukwdwnut
27-09-2008, 10:32 AM
An ex boyfriend asked me to marry him on radio 1. I said NO.

how nasty that was :wink: :lol:

Disneybumble
27-09-2008, 10:38 AM
how nasty that was :wink: :lol:

I was far to young and i told him no face to face. Didn't publicly humiliate him.

Britchick
27-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I was far to young and i told him no face to face. Didn't publicly humiliate him.

that was brave!!

ukwdwnut
27-09-2008, 10:48 AM
bet he was still gutted tho :(

Dizneyblonde
27-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I was on a local Saturday morning kids TV show when i was at school but never saw it as Mum and Dad took us to Kent the weekend it was shown and we didn't have a VCR then!
The kids and i were also on an episode of Watchdog in 2006.Theey spent an afternoon filming at our house and it was a great experience!
I was in the paper when i got the Queen's Guide award too.
DS was also on the news for Rememberence Day last year when his class visited the Naval base for a service.

Britchick
27-09-2008, 11:05 AM
I was in the paper when i got the Queen's Guide award too.

i didn't know you were a guide

lisaw
27-09-2008, 01:10 PM
i didn't know you were a guide

That's why Teresa is so good at putting up tents! :lol:

I was on Top of the Pops once - well in the audience anyway :D

Marky Mark was on at the time, before he was a Hollywood star and he still wore his Calvins out of the top of his jeans :lol:

Britchick
27-09-2008, 01:12 PM
That's why Teresa is so good at putting up tents! :lol:

:

must have missed that one lol, although we did put someones tent up that had no instructions.............that person shall remain nameless :lol:

ukwdwnut
27-09-2008, 01:19 PM
must have missed that one lol, although we did put someones tent up that had no instructions.............that person shall remain nameless :lol:

mine did didnt it, i know we had a job putting it up nonetheless :lol:

Britchick
27-09-2008, 02:54 PM
mine did didnt it, i know we had a job putting it up nonetheless :lol:

it wasn't you Nut, the person shall remain nameless claire:lol:

malcolm
27-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I have been on Wexford Mysteries,The Bill,Morse,Peak Practice and a couple of small one off tv programs. I used to work for an Air Ambulance company and we were asked to supply Helecopter and road ambulance for tv companies.

ukwdwnut
27-09-2008, 11:22 PM
it wasn't you Nut, the person shall remain nameless claire:lol:

oh yeah got ya :lol:

uscwest
29-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Never done tv/radio etc. but I did do the play by play for Pop Warner football while I was living in Stuttgart, Germany.

Andy _B
29-09-2008, 02:08 PM
When I was at school we put on a musical which was then featured on Nationwide (if anyone can remember that) Glyn Worsnip was the reporter. We dis a days filming in the East End near Spittlefields.

Tink
29-09-2008, 02:30 PM
During the time I was involved with Senate Investigative Committee Hearings (on the attempt to drastically change the laws that govern public libraries) in NY, I was on television, and quoted in the newspapers in Albany, Syracuse and Utica. I was interviewed for the Utica paper (they were having a seriously slow day)! :lol:

I was on Romper Room as a child of three. :D

I did a segment on ALF Medicaid Services for Orange TV here in Florida. It's a county channel that only insomniacs watch. :lol:

Skywatcher
29-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I was an extra on Howards Way (oh yes) they used to film it on the marina in my village :lol: , Lisa was on 999 emergencies whaen they did a documentary on the chap who put the chest drain in with the coathanger adn I have also been in the crowd at Wimbledon on several occasions

Skywatcher
01-10-2008, 03:15 PM
I have been on Wexford Mysteries,The Bill,Morse,Peak Practice and a couple of small one off tv programs. I used to work for an Air Ambulance company and we were asked to supply Helecopter and road ambulance for tv companies.

noone commented on this Malcolm but I think thats very cool :D

Watchinherskip
01-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I have been on television a few years ago. I developed some lessons on the Chesapeake Bay and the local PBS station WHRO had me on to discuss and show off my Bay Lessons activities. Nerve wrecking to be sure. My 15 minutes (litterally) of fame. Now my brother is shameless, he has been on the CBS evening news, BBC, ABC national news, NBC national news. He runs the survey center for Muhlenberg College doing political surveys...you can be he is really busy these days.