PDA

View Full Version : food & wine festival?

disneymom
28-09-2008, 11:44 AM
I was wondering about the festival, are there free wine and food samples or do you have to buy them all?

It could get expensive quickly even if the samples cost a little money

Britchick
28-09-2008, 12:05 PM
i've only been once so i can't remember, the snacks do add up but it depends how you look at it, i would be quite happy to snack my way round the world showcase instead of sitting down for a formal dinner. I like to try lots of different things.

Beccaberry
28-09-2008, 12:58 PM
:) Greetings from the Food & Wine Festival :D

No, the samples aren't free...they cost around $3.50/each for the food and anywhere from $2 - $8 for the beverages. It can add up rather quickly ;) Luckily, for us, the food is included on the dining plan as a snack credit.

I believe we used about 12 last night ;)

My favorite so far? The sushi in Japan, the quiche in France, and the chicken in South Africa...

Tink
29-09-2008, 01:40 AM
It can and does get quite expensive if you try to taste everything that is appealing! We've often gone back several times to get all our tastes in. :yes:

We've found (with the increase in prices and decrease in sample size) that is is less expensive (depending, of course on what you choose) to have a full service dinner! You'd miss the fun though, eh? :yes:

Do it for lunch (during the week are the slowest times) and have your dinner in a restaurant, or have a large breakfast and do the FWF for your dinner.

There are some free samples of wine and beer at the very few free wine/beer seminars, and you can have a free sample if you attend certain cooking demonstrations, but that's about it for free things.

Beccaberry
29-09-2008, 04:08 AM
We've found (with the increase in prices and decrease in sample size) that is is less expensive (depending, of course on what you choose) to have a full service dinner! You'd miss the fun though, eh? :yes:

We *did* have fun :) it was quite a pleasant evening too, all things considered...

Do it for lunch (during the week are the slowest times) and have your dinner in a restaurant, or have a large breakfast and do the FWF for your dinner.

We'll be putting that suggestion to work this week, Tink...last night was CRAZY busy; though we *did* have a lot of fun (hope you had fun, too!!!!) so Jon and I are definitely looking forward to going back and spending an afternoon there...

uscwest
29-09-2008, 12:09 PM
It can and does get quite expensive if you try to taste everything that is appealing! We've often gone back several times to get all our tastes in. :yes:

There are some free samples of wine and beer at the very few free wine/beer seminars, and you can have a free sample if you attend certain cooking demonstrations, but that's about it for free things.

We normally get enough samples to count for lunch and dinner. :p015: We plan on 3 days at EPCOT, the last 3 days of F&W as well as Party for the Senses the night of the 8th.