PDA

View Full Version : Husbands GRRRRRRRR!

Isafari
03-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok....so I'm busy with the housework. When DH gets home, he says he will help me and do the hoovering for me. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I willingly accept and go upstairs to clean the bathroom.
The hoover goes on downstairs and I think to myself how lucky I am that DH is helping me when BOOM I hear an explosion downstairs and the smoke alarm is going off!
My ears ringing, I run downstairs in a panic and DH is whooping and hollering in delight :mad: He had wanted to make the house smell nice (it now stinks) so he had sprayed a load of air freshener into the hoover. Apparently the air freshener was highly flammable:4:
Anyway, the top of the hoover hit the ceiling, the buttons blew off the front and were later found in the coat rack and I now have a lovely burnt dining room carpet :signs091:

DH had better keep out of my way for a while!!!!

Dawn
03-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Sorry but...

:laugh:

lisaw
03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
:lol: :lol:

Hmm Eau de Blown Up Hoover, has a nice ring to it :lol:

Britchick
03-10-2008, 05:31 PM
:lol:

mumof2
03-10-2008, 05:33 PM
:oops:

daveann
03-10-2008, 05:56 PM
:oops: i cant help but laugh though :laugh:

Watchinherskip
03-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Sorry but...

Yeah what she said!! You have to be kidding!:shocked025:

Isafari
03-10-2008, 06:09 PM
You have to be kidding!:shocked025:

I kid you not!!!!! He even tried to shampoo the burn out of the carpet :rolleyes008: it's right in the middle of the doorway too so I can't even re arrange the furniture to hide it :mad:

You lot are so sympathetic :lol:

Dawn
03-10-2008, 06:11 PM
And yet again...

Dorothy
03-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I am not laughing.......really I would never ever do that..........nope, ain't gonna laugh.............okay, I can't help it :lol:

Diane hun, make him suffer and then grovel a bit and then make him promise to do all the housework except the vacuuming for the next month :evil:

Tink
03-10-2008, 06:22 PM
So. Carpet shopping this weekend, eh? Pick a nice one!

Isafari
03-10-2008, 06:25 PM
So. Carpet shopping this weekend, eh? Pick a nice one!

Can't afford it Tink....our holiday is fast approaching and we still have sooooo much to pay for. Gonna have to live with it for quite some time!

Shellyamc
03-10-2008, 06:59 PM
OMG...really just OMG...

wow..

yea he is in sooo much trouble

mainecoon lover
03-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Sorry Diane but it did make me :lol:. Not funny i know and i would be fuming with dh as well.

foreverducky
03-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Well, he really did have good intentions and isn't it the thought that counts....or does that just work for gifts? :D

Really, he's just super duper smart, because I"m sure now you will NEVER ask him do it again. Ever.

Britchick
03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
can you cut a bit out of a bit under some furniture to fill the space?

cathydisneynut
03-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Ok....so I'm busy with the housework. When DH gets home, he says he will help me and do the hoovering for me. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I willingly accept and go upstairs to clean the bathroom.
The hoover goes on downstairs and I think to myself how lucky I am that DH is helping me when BOOM I hear an explosion downstairs and the smoke alarm is going off!
My ears ringing, I run downstairs in a panic and DH is whooping and hollering in delight :mad: He had wanted to make the house smell nice (it now stinks) so he had sprayed a load of air freshener into the hoover. Apparently the air freshener was highly flammable:4:
Anyway, the top of the hoover hit the ceiling, the buttons blew off the front and were later found in the coat rack and I now have a lovely burnt dining room carpet :signs091:

DH had better keep out of my way for a while!!!!

Oh No! Diane!!

Sorry but...

Indeed!!!! I'm laughing so much I'm choking!

I am not laughing.......really I would never ever do that..........nope, ain't gonna laugh.............okay, I can't help it :lol:

Diane hun, make him suffer and then grovel a bit and then make him promise to do all the housework except the vacuuming for the next month :evil:

Grovel is good.....

Magical Moments.
03-10-2008, 08:41 PM
I know i shouldn't laugh Diane,but i can't help it. http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

Poor hubby what was he thinking of,at least he offered to do the hoovering,which is more than Dave would.http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/5.gif

josh.p.
03-10-2008, 09:49 PM
can you not claim on your house insurance due to a 'malfunctioning husband... I mean hoover'

PsychoAlice
04-10-2008, 02:24 AM
Oh my...and this is why I dont have a husband...

uscwest
04-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Sorry but...

Ditto

Sorry Diane but I really did have to chuckle this, but look at it this way, neither of you got hurt right? And the house is still in one piece. And Dave owes you a new hoover.

PsychoAlice
04-10-2008, 02:31 AM
Dave owes you a whole heck of a lot more than a new hoover

ukwdwnut
04-10-2008, 08:57 AM
omg what a dumbo but sorry diane thats sooooo funny :laugh: but not about the carpet, is the ceiling damaged too

you know a few years back my brother sprayed insect spray at a spider in front of a turned off gas fire, but what he forgot was he had a back boiler and the pilot light lit the gases of the spray and his carpet caught fire :laugh:

do you have accidental damage ins, claim on that if you do

piglet
04-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh Diane I'm so sorry :hug2::hug2: but :rofl::rofl::rofl: Aw, now I feel guilty for laughing :oops:

Disneybumble
04-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Diane i am sorry but that is so funny. I am sure you will be able to claim on your contents insurance. I am sure this claim will come up on email people send titled "True but funny claims".

SleepinCatz
04-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Ok...that definately put him in "Gump" mode....jeeze

Isafari
04-10-2008, 03:49 PM
:lol: DH doesn't want to claim on the house insurance because he will have to tell some one what he did......little does he know eh!!!!!!! :lol:

Taja
04-10-2008, 05:53 PM
:oops:

Sorry, Diane! It really made me laugh. Not the result--just your DH's enthusiasm!

I kid you not!!!!! He even tried to shampoo the burn out of the carpet :rolleyes008: it's right in the middle of the doorway too so I can't even re arrange the furniture to hide it :mad:

You lot are so sympathetic :lol:

What about a small, low pile area rug to cover the spot? Depending on the exact location, you could either make it look like a door mat or a runner.

Your DH definitely owes you a new vacuum cleaner!

And he should be on daily bathroom cleaning duty for the rest of the month! :evil:

josh.p.
04-10-2008, 07:58 PM
spray him with deoderant and light a match... let him know what the hoover went through <G>

Shogun
04-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Poor hubby what was he thinking of,at least he offered to do the hoovering,which is more than Dave would.http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/5.gif

Hey I know how much you like hoovering and I wouldn't want to deprive you of your little pleasures. I do know where the switch is on it!!!

Isafari
04-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Hey I know how much you like hoovering and I wouldn't want to deprive you of your little pleasures. I do know where the switch is on it!!!

OMG.....Shogun....I can't believe I didn't know this until now.....the penny's just dropped!!! You are Liz's Dave!!!

Jazmine
05-10-2008, 04:47 PM
aww sorry Diane but :laugh::hug2:poor you, i cant see you being mad at Dave for long ;)
Jacqui xxxx

Jazmine
05-10-2008, 04:48 PM
OMG.....Shogun....I can't believe I didn't know this until now.....the penny's just dropped!!! You are Liz's Dave!!!

have i missed somthing ;)