PDA

View Full Version : to x or not to x ...that is the question!!

Britchick
03-10-2008, 08:17 PM
i'm talking about in text messages, what is the correct etiquette? if someone puts a x at the end of a text should you put one too? what if you don't- will it cause offence? will they even notice? and what if it's a colleague or someone you manage? would it be professional to do it if they've done it to you?

keith
03-10-2008, 08:36 PM
i'm talking about in text messages, what is the correct etiquette? if someone puts a x at the end of a text should you put one too? what if you don't- will it cause offence? will they even notice? and what if it's a colleague or someone you manage? would it be professional to do it if they've done it to you?

I'd love to know the answer :lol:

Went back to university to do a law degree a few years back and everyone puts x at the end.... so yeah I tended to do it back so as not to offend :lol:

I think it's just a nice friendly signoff these days

..but at work I don't even if a younger member of staff includes one

PsychoAlice
04-10-2008, 04:09 AM
uhhhh what?

I text all the time and have no freaking idea what you are talking about!

Dizneyblonde
04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
LOL i alway put a x at the end of my texts to my friends (usually more than one) but i don't do it for everyone.Certainly not the chap who takes Jack to rugby as he'd certainly take in the wrong way.x

wishonastar
04-10-2008, 10:48 AM
I always put xx at the end no matter who Im texting :p015:

mumof2
04-10-2008, 01:08 PM
i only sign off that way to family and close friends.....i certainly wouldn't put one to anyone i wouldn't give a kiss on the cheek to in person!

Dawn
04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Sometimes I put a big X :lol:

josh.p.
04-10-2008, 01:41 PM
It depends, if a girl puts a x on a text than I put one back.... me and my (boy) mates always put XxXxXxX on the end, as we have a running joke about girls always putting kisses after everything!

Britchick
04-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Sometimes I put a big X :lol:

what does that mean?

mainecoon lover
04-10-2008, 05:39 PM
I always put one now as a gesture. Dh does not get one though if he has been naughty :lol:

Taja
04-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I avoid texting like the plague, but my two cents worth:

I would avoid it on business communications. It may be informal, but it's still professional.

Personally, I probably would use it only with family and a few close friends. But I'm ultra-conservative and am much more comfortable shaking hands with all but close friends and family and would consider "x" at the end of text too personal for general use.

Disfan
05-10-2008, 01:11 PM
never used to but now I always do its just a habit x :lol:

Steven
05-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Depends if I'm in a hyper mood or not.. , Today.. No X's! :mad::cry1:

lisaw
05-10-2008, 04:51 PM
I have to remember not to put one sometimes as it's become a bit of a habit :lol: but there are some people I really wouldn't want to send a x to :lol:

Jazmine
05-10-2008, 04:56 PM
I put them on my texts if it`s a friend or family, and you`ve probably noticed i put them on my posts here to everyone as i consider you all my friends. Dont think there`s any right or wrong it`s just a personal choice really :yes:
Jacqui ;)xxx