PDA

View Full Version : What a completely totally horrible day

Dawn
05-10-2008, 03:10 PM
It's rained all day here. And I mean all day. It was raining when the dog woke me up at 6am for a wee and it's still raining now. It rained when I took the dog for a walk (I got soaked). It rained when I did a maintenance check on one of my caches (it's dry) and it rained when I went out to feed the guinea pigs (they are dry).

I'm fed up with the rain.

Tell me it's been sunny somewhere today please. :unsure:

Isafari
05-10-2008, 03:16 PM

It's been sunny in Florida today :yes:.....:oops: that doesn't help does it!

Dawn
05-10-2008, 03:19 PM
:dozey:

By the way the title of this thread is an homage to Charlie and Lola. Been reading with Steven and I think Charlie and Lola rule. But only people who watch CBeebies will understand. :sigh;

mumof2
05-10-2008, 03:24 PM
urgh, isn't it lousy Dawn - and it was so windy last night that I'm surprised the garden was still in one piece this morning! :(

Steven
05-10-2008, 03:24 PM
It's sunny here in Wales.. as it was a bit in Miami yesterday :cry:

Dawn
05-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Steven!!!!! :hug2:

How was the big boat?

Dawn
05-10-2008, 03:26 PM
urgh, isn't it lousy Dawn - and it was so windy last night that I'm surprised the garden was still in one piece this morning! :(

Oh yeah the wind last night was bad. Tomato plants a bit bent this morning. You've had the weather I've had today.

I took the dog out in it...

foreverducky
05-10-2008, 03:28 PM
It's completely overcast today, but no rain. A few weeks ago it rained for three days straight, no joke, there was tons of flooding. I guess I'm no help.

Steven
05-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Steven!!!!! :hug2:

How was the big boat?

Dawn! I missed you. :hug2:
It was AMAZING. Thank you for asking.. Will be boring you all very soon with lots of pictures. :D

Isafari
05-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Will be boring you all very soon with lots of pictures. :D

You'll never bore the Secrets crowd with photos....we love them:p015:

Dawn
05-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Cool! Did you have to dress up? Are there photos of you dressed up?

Did you eat proper food or have you lived on breadsticks for 2 weeks? :lol:

Steven
05-10-2008, 03:33 PM
You may get one of me in a suit too. LOL.

Just caught up on some posts, big hugs for you Dawn xx

Steven
05-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Cool! Did you have to dress up? Are there photos of you dressed up?

Did you eat proper food or have you lived on breadsticks for 2 weeks? :lol:

I did dress up and yep there are photos.. I had lots of proper food.. LOL, Steak every night. According to the scales I have put 9lbs on.. but as I've just got home today.. I'm hoping they will dip in the morning. :oops:

Dawn
05-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Just caught up on some posts, big hugs for you Dawn xx

Awwww, thank you ickle friend. :hug2:

Ooh our office moves in 2 weeks to behind the Worthing TK Maxx. :D

Steven
05-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Watch out for coats with knives in them........ LOL

Dawn
05-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I saw that on the front page of one of the tabloids. You norty, norty people.:lol:

Is the christmas stuff in yet?

Steven
05-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Been in since August lol.

How are Helly's crayons holding up?

Dawn
05-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Ummmm, Claire lost them and Dave the dog ate them. :eek:

Steven
05-10-2008, 03:44 PM
OMG!

Who's Dave the dog?

Dawn
05-10-2008, 03:48 PM
He's the dog who ate the crayons. I think he lives with Britchick.

When does Helly get back?

Steven
05-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Think she's got another week yet.. Ish?

Dawn
05-10-2008, 04:05 PM
There's still time to get new ones then.

Do you stock Crayola in your store?

SleepinCatz
05-10-2008, 07:20 PM
somebody hide Dave the dog too lol...

it has been beautiful here for a few days Dawn...not too hot or too cool.

Welcome home Steven!

Shogun
05-10-2008, 08:17 PM
It's rained all day here. And I mean all day.

I'm fed up with the rain.

We have had a Florida sky here today. Not a cloud in it all day. Mind you the temperatures didn't match Florida. :wave:

Tinker
05-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Dawn , I have the crayons, should I send them to you . Just keep Dave away from them . We've had the same weather has , Sleepin Catz . Gorgeous fall weather !
Welcome Back, Steven . Can't wait to read your report and see the pics .

Tink
05-10-2008, 11:33 PM
It did more than rain a little in Miami last night! :eek: In SoBe it was a torrential, long lasting downpour. We walked along Ocean Ave., looking for a place for dinner (each with our own huge umbrella) and I was soaked (not damp, not wet, wring out my clothes and leave a puddle soaked) from the waist down by the time we selected a restaurant and were seated. We were so wet they brought us extra napkins to use as towels! :eek:

It poured coming up the coast today too, but not all the way. Many areas are close to flooding. There was standing water in any place that had a depression capable of holding water. Winter and the dry season can't come too soon.

Steven
06-10-2008, 05:57 AM
It did more than rain a little in Miami last night! :eek: In SoBe it was a torrential, long lasting downpour. We walked along Ocean Ave., looking for a place for dinner (each with our own huge umbrella) and I was soaked (not damp, not wet, wring out my clothes and leave a puddle soaked) from the waist down by the time we selected a restaurant and were seated. We were so wet they brought us extra napkins to use as towels! :eek:

It poured coming up the coast today too, but not all the way. Many areas are close to flooding. There was standing water in any place that had a depression capable of holding water. Winter and the dry season can't come too soon.

lol Saturday morning it was horrendous in Miami airport and when I got off the boat , couldn't see any of the planes for a while, the lightning was really bad too.. An hour before we took off the sun came out.. Dunno how long it stayed for.. :p

Skywatcher
06-10-2008, 09:34 AM
weekend was hideous - rain and wind all the flippin time. decided to drive to eastbouren to poke around the shops yesterday but couldn't find a parking space so came home. feel like the whole weekend was wasted.

That said Thomas and I did learn how to play pokemon cards yesterday so it wasn't a total waste

Taja
06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Well, I hate to be a little ray of sunshine...:sunny3:

But we had gorgeous weather all weekend!

Saturday was mostly overcast with the odd sprinkle of rain and about 84 degrees.

Sunday was bright and sunny with about the same temperature.

Don't worry. We're supposed to be flirting with 100 degrees again within a few days before beginning the official autumn cool-off. Overnight temps have cooled into the high 60s and low 70s, so no air conditioning needed at night. Finally! :D

Tink
06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Saturday morning saw us leaving SoBe quite early. We decided to drive to Key West and managed to have a sunny four hours or so there, shortly after we arrived. Had rain at the outset and the return, though.