PDA

View Full Version : What to write...

karrie
06-10-2008, 01:49 PM
What the hell do you put in a card to parents that have just lost their daughter????

Been trying to write it all weekend and im just at a loss. It's so sureal :(

foreverducky
06-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Sometimes, its okay to say that you are at a loss as to what to say, as they their loss indescribable. Also, you can say that while nothing you could or would say could make things better, but that you want them to know that you are there for them, should they want to reach out to you.

Skywatcher
06-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Trust me , in situations like this we all search for that special incantation or phrase that will, in one fell swoop express you sorrow, your support and help relieve them from this terrible pain - no such magic verse exists.

Just tell them you love them and you will always be there for them

that sums it all up and simply it is all that needs to be said

Dawn
06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
I just had a similar dilemma and ended up just putting "with our love" :unsure:

MystikPiglit
06-10-2008, 02:31 PM
I usually write, "You are in our thoughts, as always. We wish you all the strength you need at this time and please get in touch if we can help in any way."

mumof2
06-10-2008, 02:39 PM
that's a difficult one......maybe a simple "I am so sorry"

karrie
06-10-2008, 03:57 PM
thanks for the advice, i ended up just putting that we are all shocked and devestated at the news, that we will keep in touch and they are in our thoughts and prayers. just doesnt seem to be the words

mumof2
06-10-2008, 04:14 PM
thanks for the advice, i ended up just putting that we are all shocked and devestated at the news, that we will keep in touch and they are in our thoughts and prayers. just doesnt seem to be the words

that sounds perfect :hug2:

Dawn
06-10-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't think there ever can the right words to say in such a tragic situation. I believe the simple act of sending a card says more than any words could say - because you care enough to send that card. :hug2:

Britchick
06-10-2008, 04:55 PM
just saying that you don't know what to say will help someone,

just found out that one of Caitlin's classmates lost her Mum at the weekend, only 42, it makes you ask wha the point is sometimes:(

Grammiepo
07-10-2008, 09:56 AM
You did good. All one can do is give a hug and let God take care of the rest.

Tink
07-10-2008, 12:18 PM
There is nothing to say. Sending the card with the words you've already found, Karrie is the most helpful thing you can do. That will matter, the act of sending the card.

If there is something specific you can do for them, tell them that, otherwise, the words you have chosen are loving, and will reach their hearts.