PDA

View Full Version : have you started christmas shopping yet?

disneymom
08-10-2008, 10:29 AM
just back from the shops and theyve all got christmas things in them. man on the radio keeps telling me how few weeks are left

Well I've started today! yes no panic here because I've bought our tin of quality street so even if I buy nothing else I think we'll be fine :D

MystikPiglit
08-10-2008, 10:47 AM
no panic here because I've bought our tin of quality street so even if I buy nothing else I think we'll be fine :D

:lol:

I have bought cards because M&S had Piglet cards on a 3for2. Well, I couldn't pass that up. :D

keith
08-10-2008, 10:59 AM
I totally haven't :lol:

We'll be away for most of December too so unless we get a move on we'll be in trouble or we'll end up having to bring stuff back from Orlando

Dawn
08-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Got a few bits for the boy. Can't buy quality street yet. Wouldn't last till the end of the month. :lol:

Grammiepo
08-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I start the day after Christmas, so I am close to being done.

lisaw
08-10-2008, 11:52 AM
I have bought lots of 'bits' when i have seen things, and DS's baseball bat has arrived this morning which is a relief as it has been out of stock for months.

Dawn
08-10-2008, 11:54 AM
I have bought lots of 'bits' when i have seen things, and DS's baseball bat has arrived this morning which is a relief as it has been out of stock for months.

Know what you mean about that. Steven has asked Santa for some specific Ben 10 toys and of course they are selling out everywhere. I found a place online that had all 3 in stock luckily. Can't have him losing faith in Santa at age 5. :unsure:

Disneybumble
08-10-2008, 11:56 AM
I have just bought youngest DD a refurbished pink ipod from apple 72. Bargain my friend got one and it's great.

mainecoon lover
08-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I have two digital photo frames for my parents and the in-laws. Some sweets for school and respite home. A jacket for sister in law but thats about it. Will do the rest in New York.
My biggest problem will be dd.

Shellyamc
08-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I have a few things here and there. It is pretty easy to shop for Katelyn this year, so I am doing my best to keep my control :lol: This will be her last Christmas all alone ya know ;)

I used to be done with my shopping by October, but not so much anymore. :rolleyes008:

foreverducky
08-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Am done! :D

Johnie
08-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I have bought a book about Chuck Norris 400 Facts about the World's Greatest Human for my BIL. I cracked up when I saw it. It's a long story but it involves a weekend trip of him singing the theme song to Walker, Texas Ranger.

I also bought my sister a very cute Kermit tshirt at Disney. It was $30 but marked down to $10 at the Muppets shop in MGM.

That's all I've done.....

Claire
08-10-2008, 01:23 PM
I've bought one Pandora bead for Poppy and that's all. Maisie's list for Santa is made up of 11 A4 sheets of paper taped end to end! When I mentioned she probably won't get everything on the list she looked at me like I had two heads!

Dawn
08-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Maisie's list for Santa is made up of 11 A4 sheets of paper taped end to end! When I mentioned she probably won't get everything on the list she looked at me like I had two heads!

Because you need all your spare money to buy crayons.

Skywatcher
08-10-2008, 01:25 PM
:dozey:

Rosie0610
08-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I know I've done some shopping but I have no idea where any of those things are! Oops!

I bought DS some small toys. I think I have some small gifts for my dad. Oh, boy. I guess i have to start!!!

Skywatcher
08-10-2008, 02:11 PM
amazon.co.uk how much I do love thee

Tink
08-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I've purchased things as I've seen them. I now have to collect them all up and sort through and see who is getting what! That's the biggest job. :yes:

Tinker
08-10-2008, 03:38 PM
I bought a few things for Jim and thats it . Kids are adults now, economy is bad and I'm just not thinking about the holidays . We're going to WDW in June . Thats my Christmas gift .

Isafari
08-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm done.....we won't be here at Christmas so I wanted everything bought so I know how much cash I have to play with in WDW :)

Taja
08-10-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm done! :D

But I only had to buy for two little ones. :lol:

Eric is three, and I bought him a huge bucket of Lego duplo blocks for toddlers. The bucket lid can be used as a base for building. :thumbs_up: And I'm making him two pairs of shorts and two shirts for next spring/summer. Kelly (his mom) says they will be his "casual dressy" outfits for the season. :)

Abi will be 14 months old just after Christmas. I asked Deb (her mom) what she could use most. She specified sizes, so she's getting a large box of diapers and I'm making her two outfits that she'll be able to wear next spring (think March) through summer (think September). I'll probably pick up a small toy to use as a package tie on the diapers, just so she has something to play with. As if she doesn't already have a gazillion toys! :lol:

I have a few things here and there. It is pretty easy to shop for Katelyn this year, so I am doing my best to keep my control :lol: This will be her last Christmas all alone ya know ;)

I used to be done with my shopping by October, but not so much anymore. :rolleyes008:

You've been just the tiniest bit busy this year, Shelly. :hug2:

Debbie2
08-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I have got a few bits and pieces. I save all year for High Street vouchers and am waiting for them to come. That will cover most of it :)

I make my own cards and haven't started yet - need to get a move on!